ZuperPAN's Build || The Static Blow Bow SC (0.10.4)

Hello all !

Duelist build for softcore players, inspired by :

Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm))

Nalaa's Static Blow Ranger

________________________________________________________________________________________

I do not claim to be able to say that my build is completed, it's the first one that i propose.

I play for more than 20 years, and i played a lot has d2, that's why my interest for path of exile.

Do not be too nasty with me! and excuse my english.
________________________________________________________________________________________
========================================================================================

Let's go to The Static Blow Bow SC :

1.The Tree Build :

"

2.Skills used and how to link them :

"
Single Target

4L : Elemental Hit >> Weapon Elemental Damage >> Life Leech >> Faster Attacks.
5L for endgame add : Culling Strike.

AOE (main skill)

4L : Lighting arrow >> Lesser Multiple Projectile >> Weapon Elemental Damage >> Life On Hit.
5L add : Chain.
6L for endgame add : Faster Attacks.

3.Gears u need :

"
U are a gear dependant, don't forget it.

He prefers a bow with high fixed Elemental Damage and Attack Speed. Bows with 1.55 base attack speed are preferred, most common one being the Thicket Bow. A bow always comes in pair with a Quiver, which preferably also has high fixed Elemental Damage, ideally in tandem with HP and/or percentile Elemental Damage. Holding a bow may be cumbersome for the ordinary; but The Shocker never forgets to take a pair of gloves. The gloves ideally have a mix of Attack Speed, HP and fixed Elemental Damage.

Being shiny and standing out is The Shockers favourite passtime activity. Jewelry makes for quite a large amount of damage; so he likes to wear rings and amulet with high Elemental Damage and HP. The best amulet is going to be an Onyx one with a high innate bonus to attributes. A comfortable belt will always have HP and percentile Elemental Damage.

We all know comfortable sneakers make for fancy moves on the playground - The Shocker always gets high Movement Speed boots, and really likes HP on them as well.

Lastly, it is the armour that makes a knight. The chest piece and the helm should be defensively oriented; having high HP and Elemental Resistances. Combining Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes brings the player a wide choice of equipment which can be used with no immediate penalty - one can either opt for Armour pieces, Evasion pieces or nearly any mixed combination. The best chest piece to use is Armour Evasion hybrid, because it makes it easier to get desired slots.

source: Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) by VenatorPoE.

4.What flasks u need :

"
I actually use :

- 3 Flasks of Life (2 instant life recovery - 1 with Increase Amount Recovery)

- 1 Granite Flask (ideally ~ +40% Charge Recovery and +100% Armour During Flask Duration)

- 1 Quicksilver Flask

5.Bandits Quests :

"
U are free to make what u want, but here my choice :

Normal : Help OAK (40 hp)
Cruel : Kill all
Merciless : Kill all

For the 2 last difficulty i prefer take the two passive points, More flexible for the talented tree.

6.Auras and Curses :

"
For Auras i use :

Anger + Wrath + Grace linked to Reduced Mana gems.

For Curses i use :

Projectile Weakness (my favorite actually) or Elemental Weakness or Conductivity.

7.My Gears (Always in Progress) :

"

8.My Stats :

"

I hope u gonna like this build, have fun !!

If u have any questions, Do not hesitate.

This is my conception of the duelist in archer, you are free to make the modifications which you want.

ZuperPAN.

Last edited by Dod3KopF on Mar 21, 2013, 4:57:02 AM
I want to start thread "Iron reflexes are overrated".
You don't plan to facetank, most of your damage - ele, you don't care for reflect - why bother? take additional hp.
Heck, I completed merciless with 400 armor/evasion. Hail to skeletotem.

As for stun immunity - take eye of chayla uniq when needed.
And bam- all this bottom line looks like shit.
lol yea Hail to skele totem the most OP skill in the game if you ask me. If you dont want to use skele totem you have to get some armour or use 2 granite flasks. and Iron reflexes isn't overrated, its just good. My friend put 1 skele totem down at brutus merciless and it was dead before it could kill the skeletons or the totem... ridiculous if you ask me.
Hi, i'm looking for start a new duelist bow BUILD! seems u've shown some kind of builds, mainly for dmg shock, can u please reccomend me the overall GEMS / AURAS i should use? support too pls ;)
Edited. ;)

you go way out of your way to tangle through the bottom, with lots of points that people have told you are not worth getting. and you ignore the entire middle section, where you can pick up tons of life, strength, and damage, thus allowing you to access the USEFUL stuff (marauder/templar life) much more cheaply and effectively. instead of "edited. ;)" why not reply to some of the things that have been said?
Hi,

I have build a very similar build but for me Iron grip is a must have with that much STR as a duelist - You can end close to 400. (+ Pur stat from items)

83pt
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy0XHbe2jX7NmL6n3sbqYvqxGbRaGiyFdPEhYECgBS1gS3rvdO3vTjIJKLVgiGFSn8sY20OcDq0ppVYEhmA6Ut-_bqoyfg48FHFBqvjr9zJyqXzZrKpZ88AakFWnhBo47DhX4nflMokEs6IAZp760h0Uj0bQ0JuhZ73ubz8nytMs6RUgKk3dDfzFZ6CHdkp9z2VVxjbp42oUTZ65W69W-t1GY6f8Tg==

FInal Build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy0XHbe2jX7NmL6n3sbqYvqxGbS2QVoaLIV08SFgQKAFLWBLeu907e9OMgkotWCIYVKfyxjbQ5wOrSmlVgSGYDpS379uqjJ-DjwUcUGq-Ov3MnKpfNmsqlnzwBqQVaeEGjjsOFfid-UyiQSzogBmnvrSHRSPRtDQm6Fnve5vPyfK0yzpFSAqTd0N_MVnoId2Sn3PZVXGNunjahRNnrlDMd9vpwi4kwx9EH_Gnlb63Ub8TmOngzjvfDwFn9-LjOFz7SBG1zqzFVBbrw==

"
I want to start thread "Iron reflexes are overrated".
You don't plan to facetank, most of your damage - ele, you don't care for reflect - why bother? take additional hp.
Heck, I completed merciless with 400 armor/evasion. Hail to skeletotem.

As for stun immunity - take eye of chayla uniq when needed.
And bam- all this bottom line looks like shit.

It's ur point of view, the biggest damages which i receive result from archer / projectile and maybe from physical. How counter this last ? for me by Iron reflexes.

I'm actually able to facetank 80% of mobs. (75All resist / 48% armour / attack speed + LoH)

My build is based on the speed of travel and on the fact of clear as quickly as possible, i have not envy to get bored by put skeletotem, of or certain choice.

Eye of Chayula, hmm yeah -20% life, not for this build. I think u can have 10x better than this.

+(10-20) to all Attributes
20% reduced maximum Life
30% increased Rarity of Items found
Cannot be Stunned

Bottom line benefit : Iron reflexes / +15% to all resist / +15% AS / Unwavering Stance / 16% life, u have a strange definition of shit.

But i'm agree, skeletotem can be used for clear all merciless (if needed).

"
you go way out of your way to tangle through the bottom, with lots of points that people have told you are not worth getting. and you ignore the entire middle section, where you can pick up tons of life, strength, and damage, thus allowing you to access the USEFUL stuff (marauder/templar life) much more cheaply and effectively. instead of "edited. ;)" why not reply to some of the things that have been said?

To begin, only 1 person told me about the bottom line ... and no, i don't ignore him.

Middle section, why i should go there ? i have actually 300+ strengh and 2.5k life with not great equipment.

To end, i have typed "edited" because at the base, it's not at all a post or i proposed my build, but that, you could not know it then kept silent is excused. ;) <-

"
Kulte2a wrote:
Hi,

I have build a very similar build but for me Iron grip is a must have with that much STR as a duelist - You can end close to 400. (+ Pur stat from items)

83pt
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy0XHbe2jX7NmL6n3sbqYvqxGbRaGiyFdPEhYECgBS1gS3rvdO3vTjIJKLVgiGFSn8sY20OcDq0ppVYEhmA6Ut-_bqoyfg48FHFBqvjr9zJyqXzZrKpZ88AakFWnhBo47DhX4nflMokEs6IAZp760h0Uj0bQ0JuhZ73ubz8nytMs6RUgKk3dDfzFZ6CHdkp9z2VVxjbp42oUTZ65W69W-t1GY6f8Tg==

FInal Build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy0XHbe2jX7NmL6n3sbqYvqxGbS2QVoaLIV08SFgQKAFLWBLeu907e9OMgkotWCIYVKfyxjbQ5wOrSmlVgSGYDpS379uqjJ-DjwUcUGq-Ov3MnKpfNmsqlnzwBqQVaeEGjjsOFfid-UyiQSzogBmnvrSHRSPRtDQm6Fnve5vPyfK0yzpFSAqTd0N_MVnoId2Sn3PZVXGNunjahRNnrlDMd9vpwi4kwx9EH_Gnlb63Ub8TmOngzjvfDwFn9-LjOFz7SBG1zqzFVBbrw==

Hey Kulte2a, yes is pretty similar, u just chose "Iron Grip" instead of "Inner Force".

Why this choice ? i have spended point in "Iron Grip" and in "Inner Force" with the same equipment, i have compared the both. With "Inner Force", i won more of DMG (Aoe and solo) but also + Armor with "Grace", any profit thus.

For my Final build, i'm working on it step by step, need to compare personally which way are better, going to Ranger tree or like u, finish the templar way.

"
pantherz wrote:

"
Kulte2a wrote:
Hi,

83pt
Spoiler

FInal Build

Spoiler

Hey Kulte2a, yes is pretty similar, u just chose "Iron Grip" instead of "Inner Force".

Why this choice ? i have spended point in "Iron Grip" and in "Inner Force" with the same equipment, i have compared the both. With "Inner Force", i won more of DMG (Aoe and solo) but also + Armor with "Grace", any profit thus.

For my Final build, i'm working on it step by step, need to compare personally which way are better, going to Ranger tree or like u, finish the templar way.

I think you are right :) my goal was to have both asap.
Btw on my 83 pt build i'am only @5 pt to Inner Force i should have posted a 88 pt build or i think that i can remove 1 frenzy charge and 1 life node to take both faster (Inner Force + Iron Grip)
My goal is to focus on STR equipment since it add Life + DPS

Any Idea How Ice Bite can boost our DPS even on a static blow build ? it will should be closed that a Hatred Aura without the 30% life reservation ? (with all elemental dmg boost + add some chill effect)
"
I think you are right :) my goal was to have both asap.
Btw on my 83 pt build i'am only @5 pt to Inner Force i should have posted a 88 pt build or i think that i can remove 1 frenzy charge and 1 life node to take both faster (Inner Force + Iron Grip)
My goal is to focus on STR equipment since it add Life + DPS

Actually the AS on my build are good like this, i really don't need Frenzy charge node, i'm play with Elemental Hit and not with Frenzy gem, i think to get a good physical DMG bow in second place for switch when i need, like Elemental Resist Rare or Boss, with Frenzy + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike + Weapon Elemental Damage inside the bow. But actually it's just a little longer but really nothing disturbing to kill Elemental resist mobs.

For Iron Grip, i'm not sure it's worth to get it, the 3 nodes above give u +30% Elemental Damage, if i fetch Iron Grip i shall feel obliged of go to take these 3 nodes.

"
Any Idea How Ice Bite can boost our DPS even on a static blow build ? it will should be closed that a Hatred Aura without the 30% life reservation ? (with all elemental dmg boost + add some chill effect)

I think without "Hatred" that is not worth it. I think not of making a mistake by saying that it's a build everything made different. U can use Blood Magic gem in ur 4L or more and remove Blood Magic node, for using Hatred on mana pool, there is several overall to arrive has something of well, but not on this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info