3.12 🗡️Torstein's Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone -Budget friendly, easy to play-

Hey, thanks for the guide.
I played it as my starter in Ritual as SSF. farmed oni and got lucky after 6 hours it dropped. After a few days I got Kaoms from ritual. besides that my gear is okayish, but for SSF at least a 6 link and good armor are worth a lot.

Farming seems good, can do T16s if i dont juice em up too much. Bossing is quite bad tho as expected.

Good luck in the leagues everyone!

Edit: Well actually damage on bosses is not bad, but rather low so it takes a while. but with around 6.4k i can at least tank t16 guardians n shit. so in the end its da decent choice for ssf with oni
Last edited by a2b12 on Feb 3, 2021, 10:18:20 AM
"

Ill update my Death Angel build so it can be played with Cyclone too. It has much higher potential than Slayer.

I would like to see a POB of this version. My SSF Tectonic Slam Chieftain is great, but I'm a Cyclone-Guy so it's time to move over.
I played this build replacing Oni with a legacy Starforge.

Torstein mentions that he originally designed the build for Starforge. It definitely kicks butt.

I also tried out a legacy Loreweave

The character is very strong. Actually much higher DPS and fast clear and bossing than with an Oni-Goroshi. I did decide though that Kaom's Heart is better for the chest piece. I couldn't really come up with any overpowering gems to use the additional gem slots for. I like the additional life over the 80% resistances. It reduced the one-shot type deaths for my push to level 95. I think I only died once during that time.

The head hunter is fun. It clears a bit faster but doesn't help with bosses. Definitely not an important part of the build. I just threw it on after slamming a ring and my boots with a couple of exalts and lucking out with a tier 1 all resistances mod and a tier 3 lightning resistance mod.

edit: AS mentioned, HH doesn't help with bosses. So, for big big bosses I switch it out for this one.

To give extra good chaos resistance.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 24, 2021, 10:55:29 PM
Trying out the build as my first char of Ultimatum league. Flesh and Stone costs 10% more reserved mana in this patch. Can I survive with 5% unreserved mana, or should I drop something for a bigger pool, and if so, what aura/stance should I drop?
"
sibercat1 wrote:
Trying out the build as my first char of Ultimatum league. Flesh and Stone costs 10% more reserved mana in this patch. Can I survive with 5% unreserved mana, or should I drop something for a bigger pool, and if so, what aura/stance should I drop?

As I went through the story, I didn't have Flesh and Stone activated, but still levelled it. Grabbed and slotted the Conquerer's Efficiency from whatever quest it comes from, as well as the reduced reservation nodes in the PoB tree. Once I hit maps, I started actually running all four aura/stances and an enduring mana flask, and currently have 77/683 unreserved mana. It works alright most of the time, but I have to remember to hit my mana flask when I forget to walk to the next pack of mobs, and spin at them instead. Definitely should be fine once I get the channelling reduction crafts on my rings.

tl;dr: don't run Flesh and Stone while levelling, slot Conquerer's Efficiency and run a mana flask by early maps. Build is fine with cyclone cost reduction rings.
Last edited by sibercat1 on Apr 30, 2021, 12:13:43 AM
Hey I'm extremely new at this game, sorry if my question doesn't make sense. I'm still testing out things on standard so my brain doesn't get bombarded..

But I'm wondering if this build is still viable currently?
"
ApthyVenom wrote:
Hey I'm extremely new at this game, sorry if my question doesn't make sense. I'm still testing out things on standard so my brain doesn't get bombarded..

But I'm wondering if this build is still viable currently?

It's lacking damage for the current content.
Anyone have an updated 3.16 tree for this build? It's one of my favorites and my current highest level char in SSF standard, but I haven't played in a while and have no idea how to fix/update the tree.

Here's my current PoB link, and I've got 12 points or a full respec available.

https://pastebin.com/yfCKeLRU

I've never killed any endgame bosses in SSF and would love to finally break that barrier, and this is my best character. Any experts able to update the skill tree for me for all around boss killing?
"
Hornzilla wrote:
Anyone have an updated 3.16 tree for this build? It's one of my favorites and my current highest level char in SSF standard, but I haven't played in a while and have no idea how to fix/update the tree.

Here's my current PoB link, and I've got 12 points or a full respec available.

https://pastebin.com/yfCKeLRU

I've never killed any endgame bosses in SSF and would love to finally break that barrier, and this is my best character. Any experts able to update the skill tree for me for all around boss killing?

I don't know how long haven't you played but 3.15 and 3.16 brought massive nerfs. Build lost a lot of damage, i don't think it's viable anymore for endgame bosses.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 29, 2021, 5:44:36 PM
Wow, the man himself! Thanks for the response. I decided to just pick some points and try it out, ended up with https://pastebin.com/qzSW3SwS I've done a few T16s and it feels about the same so far, dying on tougher mods, but overall pretty solid. My other characters still feel much weaker, so I'll probably just keep working on this guy in hopes he gets strong enough eventually. Please let me know if you do have any suggestions for improvement, and thanks again for the many hours of fun with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info