[3.7] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, easy and fun to play, beginner friendly

Hello. Welcome to my Scourge Arrow build guide. So, let me start with saying that I really love Scourge Arrow. I tried quite a few variations of SA (including CI Trickster version, for what I have another build) and I think I like this one the most.

Why? well, mostly thanks to Nature's Reprisal awesome poison proliferation. It solves a lot of problems that Scourge Arrow has, and that is having to charge to deal good damage, having issues with struggler monsters near walls and having issues with outputing damage consistently (because of constant charge/release playstyle). Nature's Reprisal solves this by proliferating all our poisons to nearby enemies when they die, so we just need to shoot once, and everything around dies, including rares and leaves no strugglers behind. And for bosses, well, our poisons last around 5 seconds and we run Mirage Archer so boss will be constantly dealt decent DoT damage, even when we are dodging.

Also, in 3.7 poison builds received huge buffs on tree, and Darkscorn (currently one of the best bows for this build) received huge buff as well. Scourge Arrow was buffed too (we no longer have any issues with doors) so now it actually feels great to play even in closed areas.

Changelog

Spoiler

12th August 2019
- Added Content Done section

5th August 2019
- Fixed Toxic Rain setup (moved to body)
- Added Tornado Shot setup
- Added PoB configuration section

3rd August 2019
- Optimized end game tree
- Added level 95 tree
- Added some explanation for level 95 tree to PoB section
- Added 5way battle video
- Changed Immortal Call level to level 9 and CWDT to level 7
- Updated QoTF tree

31th July 2019
- Replaced Kintsugi with rare maim body
- Replaced Wind Dancer with Divine Flesh
- Replaced Atziri Step with rare ms + spell dodge boots
- Updated guide with changes after changing keystone

Here is old Kintsugi pastebin for people following that version of the build.

29th July 2019
- Replaced Atziri Promise with Cinderswallow Urn for main setup
- Changed boots enchant on Atziri's Step (as now we get stun avoidance from our flask)
- Changed Ascendancy nodes for QoTF setup (now it is using Nature's Adrenaline as well) and slightly changed tree to get missing evasion
- QoTF setup is now using Sin's Rebirth
- Starter setup is now using Atziri Promise (because its easily accessible)
- Completely dropped Maloney's Mechanism setup and went back to Drillneck for all versions for more damage, and also dropped Dash and Vaal Blight
- Replaced Steelskin with low level Immortal Call
- Added Dash to movement setup instead of Faster Projectiles
- Properly linked and colored items in PoB
- Moved PoB 6 link to Body (just visual change, it obviously doesn't matter, but to not confuse people, and as 6l body is now cheaper than 6l bow because Darkscron a bit spiked, it makes more sense)
- Added Death's Harp and Death's Opus to leveling section

8th July 2019
- Added Dash to main body setup (with Maloney's)
- Updated Pantheon section (added Garukhan, added some explanation for Soul of Lunaris/Solaris and Brine King and when to switch from Brine King)
- Added more notes for when to switch to SA when leveling, and also note about Infused Channeling

7th July 2019
- Replaced Panicked flask with Bubbling flask

4th July 2019
- Moved Steelskin to CWDT setup
- Moved Vaal Blight to Body Armour and added Increased Duration link to it
- No Maloney's setup is now not using Vaal Blight

28th Jun 2019
- Replaced Onslaught support with Pierce support for leveling
- Replaced Vile Toxins with Infused Channeling support

24th Jun 2019
- Switched from Point Blank node for Wind Dancer to Perfect Agony node
- Added body skill gem setup for no Maloney's Mechanism
- Switched Kintsugi + Wind Dancer setup to main setup
- Switched Wind Dancer ascendancy node to Nature's Adrenaline (from Master Alchemist)
- Switched Wind Dancer Alchemist's Jade Flask of Reflexes to Experimenter's Jade Flask of Heat
- Added level 90, 80, 70 and 60 trees

22th Jun 2019
- Added quill rain to leveling section
- Added Kintsugi + Wind Dancer setup
- Added Toxic Rain setup

21th Jun 2019
- Created the build
- Added info about Soul of Shakari and Darkscorn synergy

Pro's & Con's

+ Great single target. The build can reach 5M single target DPS with Darkscorn (to calculate the DPS from PoB, add both Thorn Arrows and Release at 5 stages together and then multiply it by 1.385 for Mirage Archer).
+ Pretty good clear speed (because of Nature's Reprisal poison proliferation and Scourge Arrow hitting whole screens)
+ Great Legion Monolith farmer thanks to poison proliferation (see Media section for example)
+ 200% increased movement speed
+ 7.8K Life
+ 23k+ Evasion
+ 86% melee avoid chance, 86% projectile avoid chance, 50% spell avoid chance, 88% stun avoid chance
+ 85% chaos resistance (thanks to Divine Flesh)
+ 20% additional elemental damage reduction (thanks to Divine Flesh)
+ 10% additional physical damage reduction (thanks to Divine Flesh and Darkscorn)
+ 40% additional chaos damage reduction (thanks to Divine Flesh)
+ 8% less Chaos damage taken (thanks to Infused Channeling). This, together with Divine Flesh adds another 4% additional elemental damage reduction and 2% additional physical damage reduction
+ Permanent flask uptime (because of Nature's Boon)
+ Can do all map mods
+ Can do all content (except Hall of Grandmasters)
+ Best weapon is Darkscorn what is pretty common and cheap unique
+ Decent league starter, as it do not really requires anything to function, and can work just fine on Tabula

- Needs a lot of intelligence from gear
- Can run into mana issues without mana cost reduction rings
- Positive chaos resistance is mandatory to prevent Darkscorn from killing us (and capped resistance is needed for Divine Flesh) what makes gearing a bit annoying
- Scourge Arrow playstyle takes some time getting used to

Content Done

- All guardians
- Atziri
- Uber Atziri
- Mastermind
- Shaper
- Elder
- Uber Elder
- 5 way battle
- Delve depth 500+

Path of Building

Path of Building is tool for PoE to plan gear, skill tree and calculate effective damage. It also contains Bandits choice. You can download it here. Then simply import below Pastebin URL.

Pastebin

(and here is my current Legion character)

Navigating through PoB (important, read carefully)

There are 7 trees, for level 100, 95, 90, 80, 70 and 60, and also special QoTF (Queen of the Forest) tree.

Use dropdown in bottom left corner of Tree section in PoB to cycle between them.

For level 95 tree, after level 91 we respec Hunter's Gambit and Mana Leech and take Dirty Techniques and then path to Golem's Blood (by respeccing some other life nodes). Then, till level 100, we just pick up the remaining life nodes and at the end, also Hunter's Gambit again.

There is also workaround jewel for Divine Flesh keystone on tree. To get Divine Flesh, simply get Glorious Vanity jewel with modifier Bathed in the blood of (100-8000) sacrificed in the name of Xibaqua.

The number of jewel does not matter, only the name is important. If you do not have enough chaos resistance yet, simply replace Divine Flesh with Wind Dancer, what is Brutal Restraint jewel with modifier Denoted service of (500–8000) dekhara in the akhara of Deshret.

There are 3 item sets:
- Default: This is regular version utilizing rare maim chest with life
  - QoTF: This is altered regular version, using Queen of the Forest as body, sacrificing some defense and damage for more evasion and movement speed.
  - Starter: This setup is designed for league start, using Tabula Rasa as body armor for easy 6 link

There are 3 body skill gem sets:
  - Default: This is regular and recommended setup, utilizing Scourge Arrow and Mirage Archer
  - Toxic Rain: This setup is using Toxic Rain instead of Scourge Arrow. With this setup, you also want to get extra projectile Toxic Rain helmet enchant, and replace Cinderswallow Urn with Dying Sun. This setup is for people who prefer to play Toxic Rain, it does not really have upsides or downsides, its just personal preference.
- Tornado Shot: This setup is using Tornado Shot instead of Scourge Arrow. Benefit of this setup is improved clear speed, and downsides are mana issues, lower damage and higher investment required. For this setup, you also want to replace Cinderswallow Urn with Dying Sun, get Tornado Shot +2 enchant and possibly also Rigwald's Quills. For seeing Tornado Shot in action with this build, see Media section.

How to configure PoB for your own character

Spoiler

After importing your character to PoB, follow these steps to properly configure it to show your actual stats:

1. Find Wither in Main Skill section on left and set it to 15 stacks
2. Switch to your Scourge Arrow setup (still in Main Skill section)
3. Select Darkscorn in items section, click Edit.., add 60% more damage with Poison at bottom and click Save (this is workaround for poison mod on Darkscorn, because PoB do not supports it atm)
3. Enable all flasks in items section and switch to configuration section
4. Set Is enemy boss? to Shaper/Guardians
5. Check Do you use Frenzy Charges?
6. Check Do you have Onslaught?
7. Check Is the enemy Maimed?
8. Check Is the enemy Blinded?
9. Check Is the enemy Ignited?
10. Check Is Infusion active?
11. Set # of Virulence stacks to 40
12. Set # of Poison on enemy to 40
13. (Optional) Go to skills section and enable Vaal Haste

Pantheon

For major god Soul of The Brine King is good pick to avoid being chain stunned in bad situations. If you get boots enchant with 80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently or 50% chance to Avoid being Stunned during Flask Effect (from Cinderswallow Urn) switch to either Soul of Lunaris or Soul of Solaris pantheons. Because we are evasion/dodge build, I prefer Lunaris.

For minor god Soul of Soul Garukhan is good choice because again, we are evasion/dodge based build, and extra dodge is always good. Another good option is Ralakesh to reduce dot from Blood Rage and to get Blind and Maim immunity. Valid options are also Ryslatha for extra charges for life flask and extra life recovery from it, and Soul of Shakari for poison immunity and reduced chaos damage taken (what is basically also reduced physical and elemental damage taken because of Darkscorn and Divine Flesh).

Ascendancy

Get Nature's Reprisal first. Then get Master Toxicist and Nature's Adrenaline for some damage and finally get Nature's Boon from Uber Lab.

Leveling and gearing

Spoiler

So with this build, you will be mostly leveling with Toxic Rain as it is super smooth. After leveling, you can switch to Scourge Arrow (or switch sooner if you want to, but I would not really reccomend doing that).

- At level 1 grab Caustic Arrow + Pierce + Lesser Poison. If you can, get also Vaal Blight now.
- At level 4 grab Mirage Archer and add it to main setup. Grab also Dash for movement and self-cast Steelskin for defense
- At level 10 grab Precision aura and Blink Arrow
- At level 12 replace Caustic Arrow with Toxic Rain
- At level 16 grab Herald of Agony and Blood Rage. You will most likely not be able to sustain Blood Rage at this stage, so just start leveling it but do not use it.
- At level 18 grab Deadly Ailments
- At level 24 grab Malevolence aura if you have enough unreserved mana. If not, simply level Malevolence but do not use it (or use it instead of Precision). Also, if you can, get Vaal Haste (and drop Vaal Blight).
- At level 28 you can replace Toxic Rain with Scourge Arrow if you want to, otherwise just keep using Toxic Rain until maps. If you decided to switch to SA, also grab Infused Channeling support now.
- At level 31 add replace Lesser Poison with Added Chaos Damage
- At level 38 you can grab Vile Toxins support. Also get Immortal Call, Increased Duration and Cast when Damage taken supports and replace your self-cast Steelskin setup with this, and make sure to link your Vaal gem to this setup too (for increased duration).

When you get to mapping, you can also grab Wither totem setup, but before that, it is not really necessary too.

For leveling with Toxic Rain, best item to grab is Quill Rain, because with it, Mirage Archer will basically clear everything for you. If you feel you are lacking damage while leveling, you can migrate to Death's Harp at level 33 and Death's Opus at level 44 (or some rare high pDPS bows, up to you):

After you will be done with leveling, your core item setup will look something like this:

Alternatively, these are great for speed mapping:

After that, feel free to grab anything else you can (ideally tabula for 6 link in body).

Try to get Scourge Arrow creates an additional spore pod at Maximum Stages enchant on helmet as soon as possible, it makes the build feel a lot better (see Media section)

End-game optimization

For chest, you can aim for something like this (maim and -15 mana cost for socketed skills, and getting crit on top of that would be even better):

With chest like that you can dump mana reduction rings (well, one of them, and other one can be smaller roll), what will save you some affixes for either more damage or more life.

If you are struggling with hitting the boss with pods (and/or want more defense and life), you can get quiver like this:

To improve clear speed, you can get Embalmer's with Despair on hit corruption, the difference between everything being cursed with despair is very very noticeable (but you still want to keep frenzy + coh setup for bosses):

If you can get Watcher's Eye with Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence (or Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you corruption on jewel) you can replace life flask with Forbidden Taste:

For tree optimizations, if you can get enough Intelligence and Strength from gear, you can remove Primal Spirit from tree and instead either take more life or damage (so for example Lethality cluster) or extra jewel socket near Golem's Blood. For example I get all my stat requirements just from amulet and one ring:

Media

Mapping
Beachhead Lvl 84
Phantasmagoria/Cells Lvl 85
Crystal Ore Lvl 88
Esh's Breachstone Lvl 88
Tul's Breachstone Lvl 88
Chimera Lvl 88
Glacier Monolith Farming Lvl 90
Vaal Temple Lvl 90
Elder Burial Chambers Lvl 94 (Tornado Shot)

Bossing
Atziri Lvl 88
Red Elder Lvl 91
Shaper Lvl 91
2 way battle Lvl 94 (Tornado Shot)
5 way battle Lvl 93 (with HoAG disabled by accident)

Delve
Delve Depth 364 Lvl 94 (Tornado Shot)
Ahuatotli Delve Depth 483 Lvl 95

Misc
Difference between having and not having SA enchant on helmet
My builds:
[3.7] Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Very tanky, awesome clear, respectable single target
[3.7] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, easy and fun to play, beginner friendly
[3.7] Rampage Spiders - Rampage Raise Spiders Necromancer - Very tanky with awesome DPS and clear
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Aug 16, 2019, 6:59:01 PM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2019, 5:35:08 PM
Small update:

Added info about Soul of Shakari and Darkscorn synergy, as I completely forgot to mention this. Basically, it is also physical damage reduction (at 25% effectiveness, but still).
My builds:
[3.7] Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Very tanky, awesome clear, respectable single target
[3.7] Rampage Spiders - Rampage Raise Spiders Necromancer - Very tanky with awesome DPS and clear
Your build seems dope. I'll do it right now and review later.

Thank you for your work :)
Looks good, going to try this out - any levelling guides for 30/60/90 so we know which way to assign passives?
"
PJ1985 wrote:
Looks good, going to try this out - any levelling guides for 30/60/90 so we know which way to assign passives?

I still need to add them, sorry :/ But for now, on tree, try to get all poison chance on hit nodes on tree early, life, evasion and Master Fletcher, those are mostly core part of the build.

If you are lacking evasion for QoTF get avatar of the hunt early, otherwise skip it. If you are getting stunned a lot, either take Brine King, or Unpredictable Offensive, otherwise skip it as well. Avatar of the Hunt and Unpredictable Offensive are weak nodes for this build, they are purely for utility on the final tree, and can be easily skipped.

Oh, also, get the bottom-right mana leech node for sure.

EDIT:

Also, small update. For leveling, I addeed Quill Rain as great option (more info in the leveling section in the guide)

My builds:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 22, 2019, 6:07:20 AM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
PJ1985 wrote:

I still need to add them, sorry :/ But for now, on tree, try to get all poison chance on hit nodes on tree early, life, evasion and Master Fletcher, those are mostly core part of the build.

If you are lacking evasion for QoTF get avatar of the hunt early, otherwise skip it. If you are getting stunned a lot, either take Brine King, or Unpredictable Offensive, otherwise skip it as well. Avatar of the Hunt and Unpredictable Offensive are weak nodes for this build, they are purely for utility on the final tree, and can be easily skipped.

Oh, also, get the bottom-right mana leech node for sure.

EDIT:

Also, small update. For leveling, I addeed Quill Rain as great option (more info in the leveling section in the guide)

Awesome thanks for the quick response!
1) What about the Legions? Is it good at clearing them? Does poison proliferate off "freed" mobs?

2) Is it any good in Timeless Conflict?

3) Are DMG reflect maps doable? (both ELE and Phys)

Looks really interesting, might give it a try. Receiving these answers might just tip me over the fence, lol. Good job!
"
Rallige wrote:
1) What about the Legions? Is it good at clearing them? Does poison proliferate off "freed" mobs?

2) Is it any good in Timeless Conflict?

3) Are DMG reflect maps doable? (both ELE and Phys)

Looks really interesting, might give it a try. Receiving these answers might just tip me over the fence, lol. Good job!

1. It is decent, SA spread is pretty big, in good areas you can clear the whole monolith. But, for the poison prolif, no, atm it do not works with legion, but GGG mentioned that they will be looking about some ascendancy on kill effects not working with legion (and hopefully this includes Pathfinder)
2. Did not tried the build in 4 or 5 way battle so I dont know yet, but, the damage and clear is pretty good, so I imagine it will not be very bad there (ofc, it cant compete with stuff like TS, as that is on whole another level)
3. Yes, you can do both. Honestly, so far no map mod was an issue for me, I just alch and occasionally corrupt everything without even looking at the mods.
My builds:
Started this build today, feeling decent leveling with Scourge Arrow itself.

I would like to know why Master Alchemist over Nature's Adrenaline? In PoB Nature's Adrenaline seems to give more total damage, and movement speed and attack speed is always welcomed. We are not doing any elemental damage anyway, so the Master Alchemist does not seem all useful beside the immunity.
"
cyruszin wrote:
Started this build today, feeling decent leveling with Scourge Arrow itself.

I would like to know why Master Alchemist over Nature's Adrenaline? In PoB Nature's Adrenaline seems to give more total damage, and movement speed and attack speed is always welcomed. We are not doing any elemental damage anyway, so the Master Alchemist does not seem all useful beside the immunity.

It's solely for immunity, so we can use better flasks.

E.g, when not using Master Alchemist, you will have to give up suffix on either Jade flask or Quicksilver flask, and losing it on either of them means big loss in movement speed, so basically taking Nature's Adrenaline will make you slower in the long run.

But yeah, it is more damage for sure, as that 20% attack speed is very nice. It's mostly personal preference I guess, but I prefer the extra movement speed from Master Alchemist (thanks to better flasks) a lot more.
My builds:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info