[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

How important is the +250 accuracy mastery with spiders?
"
Kurnis wrote:
How important is the +250 accuracy mastery with spiders?

It depends if you can fit precision and/or if you have gravepact. With a lvl 2 precision and gravepact (+ the small leading to it), it's useless. Without precision but with gravepact, it's more or less 2% more damage, which can be okay or not. Without gravepact, it will be pretty much required on top of bonus accuracy (like on jewels).
Do the OP's gear choices not work anymore? I was comparing theirs to what you did, Keyen, and was kinda curious. I want to try spiders but the other spider summon build is kind of a mess to read and was looking for something more streamlined.
It may work (since nothing major got changed on it), but I prefer the 4W triad version. Compared to the poison scaling which is the most popular out there, the 4W triad grip scales everything, including the base hit. It's really better for clear, and your damage is much more frontloaded (you don't have to wait 10+s to get most of your dps and you get less fucked when the bosses clear themselves from poison), and skipping malevolence for determination is much less impactful. The 3.16 added several things key to this version:
- 35% wither effect against 20% before (which is +15% damage taken)
- The new Brass dome, which is extremely good defensively speaking (and doesn't cripple nearly as much as before).
- Lot of armour and ES scaling, meaning you can actually reach a really good defensive setup on arakaali without losing much of the dps, with (Notably) Aegis Aurora.

That's also why I'm not sure if Squire is actually the good move on arakaali, because while it's indeniably very strong on the offensive side, it locks you from most of the sustain you can get on a summoner (be it Aegis or a 5% hp/block rare). A squire arakaali can probably manage to get high block and EHP (since they can sacrifice most of the offense in the tree), but getting sustain as summoner without a shield is really difficult (Especially since bone offering got buried, hence the switch of most of the spider users to Occultist). It's fine if you don't really care about your tankiness and if you play in the "they can't kill me if they die in 5s" glasscanon playstyle, you can probably reach 30M dps on a squire setup easily, but if you want to clear Simulacrum 30 reliably deathless, getting 15-20M dps is enough, adding a squire in this of setup remove any possibility to get (a lot of) sustain from the shield slot.
Last edited by Keyen on Nov 1, 2021, 8:01:45 PM
Awesome, thank you for the detailed response!
Delete
Last edited by Kurnis on Nov 5, 2021, 9:34:41 AM
video on youtube confirm that the squire is the best with araakali.

but 70 ex it s very hard to find :/
Is Necromancer ascendancy still the best choice for this build, or has Occultist become the better option?
"
Vinnco wrote:
Is Necromancer ascendancy still the best choice for this build, or has Occultist become the better option?

it's viable but free curse + explosions + free chaos res seems way more profitable in my view.

https://pastebin.com/t4kr9zmd - squire setup, if PoB says true i've 500k ehp and comfortable dmg (which is higher on bosses due overlaping with splash + hydro) like 30\30 simu deathless etc.

Gems setup is mostly bcs of splash+hydro in otherwise i would prefer replace awa.unbound for void mani and swap splash for anything else on bosses
i finally have the squire and it's a real up of dps.

Now i don't know what is the best for bossing.

minion damage
multi strike
melee physical
withering touch
??
??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info