The irony about the flashback event (for ps4, seems xbox is fine)

I know we only got flashback on console because the pc version got it, and it was easy for them todo it again for them as they had the mechanics already in place.

But, if you just see from the console point of view:

Whats the major concern on console atm, yeah performance issues. How does ggg respond, they come with an event, that makes the ps4 pro freeze out at magic white maps, because there is so much going on on the screen. For a company that alone lives from selling cosmetics, they should really focus on their engine. Why would someone buy nicer effects if you cannot see anything on the screen anyway? We need some tweak options to reduce graphic details and effects, it cannot be that a game releases for a "fix" hardware and runs then so poorly.
Last edited by Filix80 on May 13, 2019, 7:15:02 PM
Last bumped on May 14, 2019, 4:03:44 PM
Xbox 1 X with external SSD here, only crashed 3 times in 30 hours of play time for race event. Currently rank 2 for Scion and still top 20 overall - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2501211. This race has been one of the smoothest PoE experiences I have had in a while, even with all the extra map mods.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
Xbox 1 X with external SSD here, only crashed 3 times in 30 hours of play time for race event. Currently rank 2 for Scion and still top 20 overall - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2501211. This race has been one of the smoothest PoE experiences I have had in a while, even with all the extra map mods.

Yeah, I said this also somewhere else, the xbox one x runs way better than the ps4 pro. But ofc also depends on your build and amount of projectiles and ailments. I am running a spectre summoner with phantasms. I tried frist the frost sentinels, but even without spell echo, as soon they start shooting fps drop down. Right now with solar guard its "playable".

But as soon there is some bloodline mod that has anything with lightning, may it be shocked ground, totems that shoot ball lightning, I go down to < 1 fps. I also played a trickster with bane and soulrend, almost 0 issues there as well.

If Ps4 wouldnt have so much more players and a more active market, I would probably switch back to the xbox one x... Well we cannot have everything.
"
Filix80 wrote:

But as soon there is some bloodline mod that has anything with lightning, may it be shocked ground, totems that shoot ball lightning, I go down to < 1 fps. I also played a trickster with bane and soulrend, almost 0 issues there as well.

Ground effects were horrible for console when they first came out. there was a pseudo-fix for them about a year ago for Xbox. Maybe they weren't able to do the same for PS? High end grouping is still laggy (T10+ with 3 players) for me. The only thing that may help you currently is and external SSD. But not everyone has $100 they can just drop on one. But if you can, I recommend the Samsung T5. You could always get it from Amazon and if it doesn't work as expected return it no problem.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
Played lot on this flashack, 0 crashes so far on Xbox One X, sometimes some fps drops, but not high, when doing vaal cyclone on breach + some other packs.
I have an external ssd. But also ps4 loading times with an ssd cannot compare with the xbox one x with ssd. Maybe it runs on the ps4 pro like on the old xbox one. Hard to say. I played the same build in Synthesis on xbox, before ps4 came out, I only had some issues in breaches with beyond.

So yeah must be then PS4 only issue, but its terrible there and as far as I know there is nothing bigger available than the pro :-(
Reading about the current trials and tribulations of playing on PS just keeps me wondering: what do the People at GGG use to test the PS build? At times it seems like they only have say, one box from each platform and they only get used to bug hunt and only if very specific targets have been provided by the Players. I especially wonder if anyone at GGG ever checks out what the game looks like on a television screen (as opposed to a monitor). I sense deep concern about the state of the game on Console, but not a whole lot of empathy regarding the actual playing conditions.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Last edited by walkjohn55 on May 13, 2019, 7:42:25 PM
"
Corrison wrote:

Ssd only affects your loading times. Not the actual performance.
[Removed by Support]
I'm sure it's a bit worse since the PS4 version is still pretty new. People are definitely making it out to be massively worse than it is though. I'm on a stock PS4, with a 2TB HDD stuffed to the brim. I have pretty decent load times and minimal frame drops. Yesterday I even mowed down a double perandus pack and a harbinger all together with barely any lag. It was so pretty, I had no idea what was happening at first though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
I'm sure it's a bit worse since the PS4 version is still pretty new. People are definitely making it out to be massively worse than it is though. I'm on a stock PS4, with a 2TB HDD stuffed to the brim. I have pretty decent load times and minimal frame drops. Yesterday I even mowed down a double perandus pack and a harbinger all together with barely any lag. It was so pretty, I had no idea what was happening at first though.

As I said it totally depends on your build as well. I could make some clip with using the frost sentinels on my ps pro and you can see how annoying an predictable it is. As I said my chaos trickster with soulrend offscreens easily. Not so many projectiles, no corpse explosions, no ailments, its a huge difference. What I noticed if you find this shrine, where mobs cannot die and you have a build with fast cast speed , lots of projectiles and effects, you will most certainly die as you cannot get close to the shrine and still have frames.

So I would not say people are making it worse than it is, its just totally dependent what you play, so you can have a smooth experience, but poe is about playing everything you can imagine, and this is not working. You already have some decent limitation due to desync in movement skills, usability of flasks and on ps4 more than on xbox you are now extremely limited what skills or skill combinations you can use, to have a smooth experience. I get that desync and targeting might not be possible to fix, but performance should be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info