[PS4] 3.6.4 Follow Up Patch Notes

I feel like not much has changed for me since the latest patch. I was hoping that at the very least the memory leaks leading to the infamous blue screen had been resolved, but sadly that isn't the case. The game still crashes on me randomly even in less crowded maps, and for what it's worth it doesn't seem to matter whether I just started playing or if I've been doing so for an extended period of time.

Performance is still subpar too. The fps drops, the stuttering, the horrendous lag and rubberbanding (whirling blades is a bad joke at this point) make for an extremely frustrating gameplay experience. There's a great game waiting to be played here, but the console version definitely still needs a lot of work.
"
Seanana wrote:
"
oeduPsx wrote:
417.6 mb for fixing the trade?

Why are some people such insufferable brats? I really have respect for developers and community managers in popular games. I couldn't handle all the entitled kids that are never satisfied..

TY for all your hard work GGG.

entitled....no i dont think so. when people spend real money on a product and it doesnt work properly, they have the right to complain. yes the game is free but a lot of people invested money in microtrasactions just like myself. would you ever go to a store, buy a product, take it home only to find it has major defects. would you just sit there and thank the company that made that product or would you complain and return said product. im not sure why people like yourself allow developers to get away with selling unfinished or broken products. people like yourself are the reason the gaming industry is in a shithole place right now. the state of poe on console is literally unplayable with certain builds endgame. myself and my 5 friends have already quit because of the constant crashes and fps drops.
"
Cheers... a performance patch would be nice too... I still get serious dips in fps and screen tearing.
Math of Exile moar liek it amirite
"
xiidarkiix wrote:
"
Seanana wrote:
"
oeduPsx wrote:

Why are some people such insufferable brats? I really have respect for developers and community managers in popular games. I couldn't handle all the entitled kids that are never satisfied..

entitled....no i dont think so. when people spend real money on a product and it doesnt work properly, they have the right to complain. yes the game is free but a lot of people invested money in microtrasactions just like myself. would you ever go to a store, buy a product, take it home only to find it has major defects. would you just sit there and thank the company that made that product or would you complain and return said product. im not sure why people like yourself allow developers to get away with selling unfinished or broken products. people like yourself are the reason the gaming industry is in a shithole place right now. the state of poe on console is literally unplayable with certain builds endgame. myself and my 5 friends have already quit because of the constant crashes and fps drops.

There are plenty of things worthy of complaining about on the PS4 version of this game, but this isn't one of them. It also demonstrates a basic lack of understanding about how software works. The fix could have been no more than 2-3 lines of code, but the object module (executable) it lived in is no doubt considerably larger and that is the smallest unit of work they can deploy in order to apply the update. and seriously, unless your internet is a Potato, a module of that size is downloading in less than a minute. So yeah, small minded, petty and entitled.
Just wanted to say that since the event has started, I can only do about 10-15 maps before the memory leaks become noticeable. It starts with frame stuttering and then rubber banding (especially with movement skills) until an eventual blue screen crash. I’ve also noticed that trade notifications stop coming in and are sometimes unable to accept/decline/withdraw. On a side note, restarting the client every time I see these symptoms seems to somewhat prevent crashing and it also resets the trade market bugs. It can be extremely frustrating and downright discouraging when you crash at a bad time and lose that 10% XP, so I thought i’d share. Maybe it’ll help someone, maybe it won’t.
Last edited by Eternal_Eclipse_ on May 14, 2019, 7:28:37 PM
You only fixed one crash. This game on ps4 crashes so often, it might as well not get up again. Didn't you sell out to the south Koreans? Maybe have one of them look over the game...
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
sigh had a massive game freeze/glitch, lost control over everything while in a memory. couldn't do anything except go to options or logout. when i choose log out i couldn't do anything from the main game menu. close the game via PS button, launch the game again and it just launches into a black screen. close the game again and launch and it goes to main menu but i can't connect to server to select character only open options. so i close it another time then it allowed me back in the game
"
Seanana wrote:
"
oeduPsx wrote:

Don't know. Maybe it's because of all the money they had to spend on buying the game. (insert sarcasm here)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info