[3.7] 200% Quantity MF TS Deadeye [Video Guide Included]

[3.7] 200% Quantity Magic Find Tornado Shot Deadeye + Zerphi's Heart Version

[Updated] Video Guide: https://youtu.be/oyo25BqkKKw
[Outdated, but useful] Video guide for those who don't like reading: https://youtu.be/bP-Z-Y-QCOM

3.7.3 Changes
In summary, Unnatural Instinct got nerfed into the shadow realm, there are now generic increases to bow damage/projectile damage that are nice to path to, and we can utilize Bottled Faith (Only available in Standard) to get higher base crit. There don't seem to be any new gems that benefit the build, but I will do some experimenting with a few of them during the league to see if they are worth running. Lastly, abyss jewels were nerfed so I've opted to use two Inspired Learning jewels instead. The tree has been updated below, but here is the POB so you don't have to scroll down: https://pastebin.com/jcbgcMF5

Disclaimer:
Spoiler
I'm writing this build guide so I have a place to direct all the people asking for my tree/items/gem links/swaps/etc. That said, it will probably benefit a lot of people in general so I've gone ahead and included a some variants to the build that one could do to make it slightly cheaper/accessible

I guess we will start with a little description of the build:

Spoiler
The goal of the build is to making the most profit in a given play session that we possibly can. So, the idea is to stack increased item quantity (IIQ), a stat that makes mobs drop more items. This is the basis of magic find in path of exile. Increased item rarity (IIR), for reasons we will not discuss here, is not as useful as increased item quantity in terms of making more currency over time. In order to optimize our profits we also uses gear that makes us move faster. What this enables us to do is quickly clear a map while also getting the benefits of all the IIQ we stack. What we end up with is a higher mob kill count per hour because of movement speed, but also increased drop as a result of the IIQ we stack. You can think about it as more drops because we go fast and even more drops because mobs we kill drop more items. In the end we beat out every other build out there in terms of profit/hr when it comes to mapping.

End-Game Gear (Standard):
Spoiler
Gear:
Spoiler

Changes to gear for league:
Spoiler
In league you obviously don't have access to legacy quant items so some changes need to be made. A shaped amulet with 10% Quantity and two Ventors Gamble (ideally with 10% Quant and positive resistances) should be used. Sadimas and Goldwyrm are still best in slot items for the build in league, but one could also consider dropping Sadimas for a Tombfist or Rare Gloves w/ an abyssal socket for more damage/life/res. Lastly, if you have not capped your evasion for queen of the forest then using a Jade Flask of Reflexes will help you do so (at the cost of curse immunity).

Budget Gear: Use some of these items to help you get the build rolling.
Spoiler

Tool Tip:

Spoiler
In hideout.

Passive Tree Overview + Ascendancy:

Spoiler

Gem Links:

Spoiler
I'm really partial to leveling lots of gems so I often don't run a cast when damage taken set up in favor of leveling four enlightens, but I've included a cast when damage taken set up for posterity's sake.

Main Skill (Tornado Shot): Elemental Damage With Attacks + Damage On Full Life + Increased Item Quantity Support + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Mirage Archer + Tornado Shot. If not on standard replace IIQ Support with Increased Critical Strikes Support

Herald Of Ice Setup: Curse On Hit + Assassin's Mark + Herald of Ice + Increased Item Quantity Support + Increased Item Rarity Support + Onslaught. If in league replace IIQ Support with Ice Bite.

Phase Run Setup: Phase Run + Enhance + Increased Duration + Vaal Haste

4x 1L (gems can be linked but no need): Vaal Grace, 2x Enlighten, Portal

2L Set Up: Cast When Damage Taken (Level that corresponds to 1/3 your EHP) + Immortal Call
1L: Summon Ice or Lightning Golem.
1L: Blink Arrow

Jewels:

Spoiler
I've made this its own section because Abyss jewels are what make this build deal enough damage to clear content. One should aim for:

Lightning Damage to Bow Attacks, Lightning Damage to Attacks, Cold Damage to Bow Attacks, Cold Damage to Attacks, Critical Strike Multiplier, Attack Speed If You've Dealt A Critical Strike Recently, and Maximum Life. Any combination of 4 of these mods will do. Ideally you would want 3T1 Flat Damage Rolls and Crit Multi.

Get %Increased Evasion Rating While Moving, %Chance to Gain Phasing On Kill, +%all resistances, +attributes, and %Chance to Blind Enemies if you want some quality of life stuff.

POB Paste Bins:

Spoiler
Optimal Tree (Updated for 3.7): https://pastebin.com/jcbgcMF5
This version is what I use when mapping in group.

Note that while these trees may be optimized for me, they may not be optimized for you. Add and remove nodes as you see fit to adjust the build to your gear requirements.

I'll update the build with some videos as I go. Feel free to send me a PM in game if you have questions (IGN: CowwzPewPew).

If you are on standard and are looking for legacy quantity bases I offer a service for beastcrafting/duping them here:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2497372

Other Build Guides:
Spoiler
3.7 Cowwz's Double Strike Slayer - All Content / League Viable - 8m+ Shaper DPS:https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2521729
Last edited by MFarkouh14 on Jun 29, 2019, 8:45:13 PM
Last bumped on Oct 16, 2019, 4:41:51 PM
Amazing guide, pretty detailed and there is many options for many playstyles/budget. Recommended
`bump
Thanks for this, since i have an MF ranger in STD.

I would love to see some updates for 3.7!
I will update the guide once the patch drops :)

Will the tree be updated?
"

Yes, if there are any relevant changes to the build I will update it.
"
MFarkouh14 wrote:
"

Yes, if there are any relevant changes to the build I will update it.

I've updated the skill tree for 3.7 and included a quick synopsis of the changes at the top of the build guide. As for the new gems, there are none that seem like they will benefit the build, but once I've play tested them when the league starts I will make changes as necessary.
Love the guide, good work. I may miss the spot but which bandit do you go with?
"
Biggercheese wrote:
Love the guide, good work. I may miss the spot but which bandit do you go with?

I never explicitly mentioned in the guide, but I kill all for the two passive points. One could also help alira though if they wanted to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info