I need some feedback on my lvl 69 firetankmage

well basically I have a marauder on HC that is lvl 69 currently. I've been farming docks merciless with no issues really. But i just feel a little bit underpowered...as this is my 2nd HC character (first one was lvl 62 fire witch) I am still fairly new. I wanted it to be strength based fire mage with iron will, with LMP my dps is 1000 so if 3 hit the same target im sitting at 3k dps. I dont know if that is low or if it is high for lvl 69, but I will just go ahead and assume that it is low. well enough talking here is my build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEBwSzE1sUTRVQFm8ZLhmFGjgabB8CJDwkqiepJ-0pTy0fNsU22DbpOtg64TwtSVFMs03YUFBUSVXGWGNZ81ptXz9k52z2bRl4DXq4fll_xoFvgpuMdozPj0aQVZ2unjyiAKKjplenCKdcp4SpaKlurKquk7T5tfK3PrndvorAGsHzxPbGrsbYz2XQ0NSP2CTa3eNq5CLnUuw47FXvDvAf8WzyL_ZI

I plan on going through the duelest tree for the strength node and eventually getting golums blood and following through too the might node and the thick skin node.

I am currently running 3 auras : hp regen one, haste (cause I no longer need purity), and the armor one. I have 3 k armor, and 3k life at the moment, i have 2 granite flasks if I see myself in front of a bunch of white archers. enough of my build here is my (shitty) gear.

I'm not sure what items I can roll spell dmg or increased fire dmg (percent, not physical) but I have none of those rolls on any of my items besides the staff.
when or if I end up 6 linking the staff I dont really know what gems to use. I was thinking of faster casting and lifeleech (i been leveling fire pen gem as well that Im not using) but I dont know. Any and all feedback is welcome. I have about 10 respect points I can use ( maybe more i dont know yet ) Or if this build isnt late game viable Im gonna re-roll. I want to figure out how to make fire mage tank viable late-game.

bump
bump
While i don't have time to fully analyze your build, i can tell just from a glance that its very poorly optimized path wise

download the offline skill tree calculator and play around with that a bit, it will show you the shortest path to any node.

Also I notice your gear has a crap load of dexterity and very little HP. you should get gear with HP as a priority and Str secondary, dex only as needed. but maybe i'm missing something in your build. also max your resists if you haven't done so already. once you max your resists then get the node elemental adaptation. it will reduce the elemental damage you take by about 20%
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Mar 13, 2013, 12:29:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info