3.6 CoC Shock Nova Elementalist - Shaper Viable

Passive Tree

Path of Building/Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/0w0hgxuq

Youtube Video w/ Full Guide + Shaper Run :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUJR0C7IUUw

Gear

Pantheon
1. Bring King - Chain stuns are annoying
2. Garukhan - A little bit of extra evade after a big CHONK helps to stay alive sometimes.
I swap Garukhan for Yugul during Elder/Shaper runs.

Bandit
Alira

Gem Links + Explanations

1. Cyclone + Shock Nova + Cast on Crit + Power Charge on Crit + Increased Crit Strikes + Inc. AOE/Concentrated Effect

2. Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic - Movement skill, allows to move around map + reposition yourself during boss fights

3. Ice Nova + Firestorm + Blind + CWDT - Potential blind on enemies when hit for 500~ish dmg. Could be life saving, usually doesn't do anything

4. CWDT + Immortal Call + Vaal Grace + Inc. Duration - Can be life saving, generic + super common defensive setup. Vaal Grace for an extra defensive layer

5. Summon Ice Golem + Minion Life + Faster Casting - I'm not always checking to see if my golem is active, this lets it be tankier while also allowing me to cast it faster when it's dead

6. HoI + Herald of Thunder + Haste + Enlighten - HoI for the shatters in map clears, Herald of Thunder for a little bit of extra lightning damage in my build + faster wave clears, and Haste allows me to move faster and attack faster while cycloning

How's Shock Nova now?
This skill got one of the bigger buffs in 3.6. I definitely recommend playing it now as it's super strong with the recent CoC buffs in 3.5.

Why Elementalist? Isn't Assassin better? You're so starved of dexterity...
I picked Elementalist because of the Beacon of Ruin node. With 150% increased effectiveness to shock, you can actually ramp that "damage taken by at least 20%" part to 50%, which is where shock is capped at.

Why do you have cold damage to spells modded to your sword? Don't you want lightning damage to spells?
I modded it with cold damage so that I could do enough cold damage to shatter enemies in red maps. Shatters make me happier when I'm mapping.

Why Rat's Nest over Devotos?
Devotos is definitely BIS for helm. However, I was able to get enough dexterity in to my build to forgo it. This allowed for me to pick up a Rat's Nest for more crit.

Why not use a 2H sword w/ Socketed Gems are supported by CoC?
You definitely can! Actually, I even recommend it! You will want an Exquisite Blade base + "Socketed Gems are supported by CoC" + "20% chance to deal double damage" + Good attack speed roll (hybrid with 20% chance to deal double damage). These bases are kind of expensive and hard to roll for. If you have the currency, you could probably pick up a fully 6 linked one on poe.trade for 10-15 ex.

Okay, I don't have 10ex. Yikes. Is your one-handed sword + Lycosidae variant a good enough substitute?
Yes! It's absolutely fine. Make sure you get a good 1H sword base (high base attack speed + high base crit rate) with solid attack speed, crit rate, crit multi rolls! Lycosidae allows you to skip accuracy checks when critting :)

How are you sustaining?
I use a Warlord's Mark ring. You can use
a Warlord's Mark curse aura and drop Haste from the aura setup if you'd prefer to not buy the ring.

Got more burning questions? Drop them below! Happy to answer!
Last edited by asphyxiaPOE on Apr 23, 2019, 11:24:35 PM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2019, 1:19:10 PM
The build itself seems to work without specific uniques. Would you say you can play it SSF or is it too item dependend?
"

The build itself seems to work without specific uniques. Would you say you can play it SSF or is it too item dependend?

You can do it SSF!
I'd say the only unique that's pretty much an essential is Lycosidae. Your accuracy will be too poor without it since this is a witch and witches are starved of dexterity so they don't have much accuracy to work with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info