Patch 0.10.3 Deployment Schedule and Other News!

"
pneuma wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
If we make specific skills hit with both weapons while dual wielding, those skills effectively have +100 multiplicative damage when dual wielding, and thus are either broken with dual wielding or useless without it.

When should we expect a change to Cleave, then?

A little reduced physical damage is hardly a dw penalty when the predominant form of damage is elemental, and has been many, many months.
I'm not in charge of such decisions, so I have no idea. Personally, while I understand the reasoning behind giving cleave a penalty which wasn't large enough to fully counter the damage increase, in making it interact differently with certain effects than other skills, I feel time has shown that the penalty should at least be more in line with the damage increase gained, as there have been negative side effects to build diversity and to perception of other skills that don't behave the same way. But that's my own opinion, and not any official GGG stance - I don't know how the others feel on this issue.
The saddest part is that Cleave, a 'broken skill', is one of the only viable and extremely fun melee skills.
there is a too much broken thing about melee and physical damage. 2h weapons has 2x more "DPS" than 1h melee weapons. And while dual wielding if all skills work with 2 weapons it wont be broken. You can reach 2h weapons' physical's dmg. But peopels using broken cleave with elemental dmg for reach 2h weapons dmg. I dont like elemental dmg while playing melee. Physical dmg sux while playing ranged, while playing melee and at everything. Wont u balance this isues.

Btw melee roles unbalanced with all ways. Rangers has same surviblty with melee duelist and mara. Elemental dmg vs physical dmg broken, 2h weapon vs dualwield broken, desync ! is a killer of melee with all way and WB, cyclone useless with desync. Plz fix those than we can play REAL MELEE roles at end game. At the moment melee in trouble and broken. No chance vs LA rangers with 20k+ armor and 10x more dps while they at range.

We are saying those isues since 1 year but ur not explaining any plan about those.

P.S.: Sorry for bad engilsh.
What I find funny about Cleave is one of the reasons that come back often when people ask why skills don't benefit from DW the same way is that GGG would need to redo animations to hit with both weapons. Yet Cleave actually doesn't hit with both weapons. You swing one weapon and the other weapon isn't moving or being used at all in the animation. The only skill that actually shows hitting with both weapons is Dual Strike. And I guess Cyclone even though it doesn't hit with both weapons at the same time on the same target so alternating makes sense there.

Assuming Cleave is being normalized and stop working with DW the way it does, I don't think DW will be that good though. The speed multiplier is certainly strong but the fact mods on your offhand weapon tend to be local instead of global makes it pretty meh for the loss of a shield defensive stats. Sure you have another weapon that has many damage mods, but they do literally nothing for half the hits other than a few(resists, accuracy, global crit). Mods on your shield are all global since all defensive so they work all the time. So the advantage is fairly heavily in favor of shields in my opinion, probably too much for "only" 10% more speed to be worth losing 10%block+a lot of defense stats.

At the same time, buffing base DW bonus is probably unrealistic as long as cleave works the way it is. I think I'd rather have Cleave be "nerfed" to work like other skills and DW bonus being increased to compensate. Preferably not by increasing the speed mod since that always makes elemental stronger because there's so many sources of +flat elemental dmg like auras, gloves, rings, unique armor and obviously your weap vs only one flat phys and whatever phys you have on your weapon.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Mar 13, 2013, 11:32:16 PM
Lol.

GGG worried about too much physical damage?

Sorry, but elemental damage makes physical damage look like an utter joke.

And Mark, you're getting the balance wrong. 10% attack speed increase does not overcome the extra ES/DEF/block % on shields. Not when every little bit counts for melee.

Having dual wield shouldn't just be each weapon taking turn hitting. That's literally the definition of pointless. Look at Cleave: it's one of the only viable melee skills in game right now. By a long shot.
I am a Templar and my legs are cold.
Last edited by ocajavati on Mar 14, 2013, 2:46:13 AM
"
Chris wrote:
I'll give a hint - it was no harder to add than the other two league types I mentioned in that post. It's not a super complex one, but is really fun.

I think I got it ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Any chance we can bind skills to other mouse buttons? feels kinda clunky to have to use the keyboard when I m only using 2 buttons on the mouse. N my middle mouse button is impossible to use. Sorry if someone already mentioned this. Thanks.
Huh!
After every patch with letter "0.10.2b, 0.10.2c", for example, my latency increases a lot! From 50 ms to 120! Why, i dont know how it could be possible! Yesterday everythign was ok, and this happens everytime when new patch comes out!
"
malvod wrote:
"
Falcord wrote:
A new guess for Ancestral: Every skill has the corresponding "totem" support, so all spells are supported by Spell Totem and all ranged attacks by RAT. Both for monsters and yourself. Also, you can summon multiple totems.

Nope, he said it would be 'as easy to add' as the other ones, and how would that work for melee characters?

I'd just like to point out that not everything has to work for melee characters or characters of any one type, because it's a race and everyone's starting new characters for it anyway. They could easily do a race league where projectiles do no damage for instance. It would be dumb to start as a witch, but even so, possible to get by if you find some chests on the beach. (And, hah, that might be worthwhile just to try to get 1st Witch.)
Last edited by MesostelZe on Mar 14, 2013, 7:29:55 AM
Maybe its about time some of the devs (I prefere Mark) tends to the Cyclone skill feedback topic?

Some people have given very much thought in how to improve this skill or have questions about it and are being left out in the dark. As this game builds on it community I kinda feel that it's time for some official response. Besides that, GGG made the topic and wanted the feedback but now that the topic has gone all negative they don't step up and awnser/respond.

Just my 2 cents

Postcount +1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info