[3.6] The Bomberman

Credit to MechsniperSynthMemes for the build!

Found it on poe.ninja and thought wtf is this dude doing?
Leveled the build and am now playing it. I love it! I gave it my own twist though.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/Rtnpz1q3

Build is a fire/explosion themed Juggernaut using Righteous Fire, Firestorm and Eye of Innocence to self proc CWDT setups.

Build is finished at level 85. After that you can take more life, or jewels or damage. Up to you.

Gear

Auras

Herald of Ash, Purity of Fire (boots)

Gems

Vaal RF setup in elder helm
Vaal RF - Elemental Focus - Burning Damage - Efficacy - (Conc. Effect)

Firestorm setup in shaper gloves
Firestorm - Spell Echo - Unleash - Increased Duration - (Faster Casting)

Low level CWDT setup in chest to get things going. 5 link is enough.

CWDT(2) - GMP - Ball Lightning (5) - Unearth (9) - Cremation (5) or Volatile Dead (8)

High level CWDT setups
CWDT - Storm Brand - Firestorm
CWDT - Elemental Weakness | Herald of Ash
CWDT - Discharge - Purifying Flame - Wave of Conviction

CWDT setups are not set in stone. Pick what you like.

Jewels

Hypnotic Eye jewels with life and damage to spells

Leveling until 68

Tabalua Rasa, Quill Rain (4link)

Herald of Agony in chest, Rain of Arrows - GMP - Poison - Wither in bow

At 68 equip gear and get the party started.

Gameplay

Walk around and grill stuff with RF while casting Firestorm. The more mobs the better. It will get the show going.

For bosses enter with Vaal RF stand and nuke. A sanctified mana flask will let you spam Firestorm for ages if needed.

Healing

You heal for 82 damage if you ignite an enemy. Even with that much fire resistance the 100 fire damage taken while you ignite an enemy which gets reduced to only 12 damage is enough to proc the chain. Even on bosses no problem. ~50 ignites are needed to proc the chest setup.

Just to give you an idea on how ridiculous it is. A maximum of 22 Firestorms (the dps one) will be active. Each procing every 0.1 seconds.
That is 55 procs Firestorm after 0.25 seconds which is the CWDT cooldown.
Once the chest chain gets activated it is game over. :-)
Last edited by zorker on Apr 1, 2019, 5:08:18 AM
Last bumped on Feb 1, 2023, 4:46:19 AM
I need to see this! This looks awesome.

A few questions: Do you have a video or something? How much currency did you put into it to get going and can you clear t16 maps or uber bosses with the build?

stay sane
I went ahead a did the same thing you put together. I like it. I just feel like it a lot going on and it could have a little more n sync skills. It causes a little bit of lag here and there. Right now I'm level 75. Can't wait to see this thing at 95.

PS: It also looks like you add all three spell damages on purpose how come?
Last edited by Dontbejello on Apr 6, 2019, 11:08:37 AM
"
Dontbejello wrote:
I went ahead a did the same thing you put together. I like it. I just feel like it a lot going on and it could have a little more n sync skills. It causes a little bit of lag here and there. Right now I'm level 75. Can't wait to see this thing at 95.

Build doesn't do enough dps to do end game content...Thats why dude only leveled up once since he posted the build.

Its another yuck yuck
@Dontbejello
No I stopped playing the league.

Btw I tested sth yesterday that I read in the Winter Orb guide on Reddit from the guy using Ice Spear - Ice Spear - Unleash for single target.

This is very useful for us too. We need ignites to proc the chain. Unleash takes 2.1 seconds for full charges. We can do : Firestorm - Firestorm - Unleash - Increased Duration.

From some more testing Volatile Dead beats Cremation imo.

The idea of the build is really good imo. It might not be perfectly executed but it does work. If you ever saw this build doing a breach, abyssus or any other content with good density you will know what I am talking off.

The build needs the chain to go off. It is like a perpetuo mobile once that happens.

Maybe the spells need some optimization too. I had an idea. What if you use the idea from the Winter Orb build. We convert all damage to fire and drop RF. That is possible with cold to fire (the elemental hit helm) and avatar of fire.

If we can use Malachai's ring we can use Herald of Purity to proc EO from Hatred.

On top we could try to change the procs to Frostbolt, Ice Nova, Ice Spear. It might be even possible to use Winter Orb instead of Firestorm.

Without using RF we don't need so much fire resistance. Using that much might have been counter productive too. Since so much resistance reduced the chain.

looks fun, so what did you find was the best setups then?
https://youtu.be/8tmAXYGMNAk
https://youtu.be/oD-QxV-IohQ

My attempt at recording a video of it.

X
any update for 3.20?
no?:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info