Bane

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2023, 9:49:40 PM
I've levelled to 80 on an Occultist with Bane, and mine's an audio remark. I just feel like the sound of casting the skill doesn't entirely convey the power, and from the enemy's point of view, the horror of being the victim of a curse spell so potent that it damages you directly. I really like the sounds of the previous, direct curse skills and also the lingering voice-like background sound Bane has. The "main" sound, which is the loudest, however, I find lacks that something that makes it sound and hence feel properly... malignant >:)

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, I remember seeing a pre-release video of Bane where it had a different(louder?) cast sound, but considering fast casting in succession, I understand why the team went with the more subtle choice. My point still stands and I believe the current version of the skill sounds a little too generic and glittery though.
Last edited by LamppuKioski on Mar 28, 2019, 10:26:32 AM
I'm a level 83 Occultist and I don't understand why "Bane" which has itself labelled as a curse skill is not triggering with "Vixen's Entrapment Embroidered Gloves". I am a Cursebot build using Deodre's Skin Widowsilk Robe, Cane of Unravelling Ezomyte Staff, Heretic's Veil Decide Mask, a rare stygen vise, 1 rare ring, 1 dream fragments sapphire ring, presence of Chayula Amulet, Windshriek reinforced greaves. Ascension nodes I took stretch to Malediction and Vile Bastion. The idea is to cast "Bane" currently socketed in Deodre's Skin triggering the curse skill Bane (a second one) socketed in the "Vixen's Entrapment". I can't find anything stating why this shouldn't work but it's not working.

~ Claudia_of_Katolis
My most successful character ever runs Bane as a primary skill, but I am not sure what nodes impact banes damage over time component (if any) when it comes to curses.

Specifically, do the 5% increased effect of curses nodes increase the damage of Bane's DOT effect or is any increase I am noticing due to the increase in the effectiveness of my despair curses.

(This matters most for things like the side nodes around Whispers of Doom.)
"
Nodor wrote:
My most successful character ever runs Bane as a primary skill, but I am not sure what nodes impact banes damage over time component (if any) when it comes to curses.

Specifically, do the 5% increased effect of curses nodes increase the damage of Bane's DOT effect or is any increase I am noticing due to the increase in the effectiveness of my despair curses.

(This matters most for things like the side nodes around Whispers of Doom.)

Curse effect nodes do no affect Bane dot, but as you suspected you will get increased damage because of despair being more efficient
Lvl 90 in legion league. Using bane as my secondary skill. Essence drain is my main skill.

I like this skill and always use it on tougher monsters like rares and bosses. I use it to apply my three curses and deal additional damage but it can be used as a main skill just as well i believe.
I decided to stick with essence drain as my main skill for this league because of the interaction with league mechanic.

To sum up: I have nothing bad to say about bane. The way it works with curses is also cool and new thinking. Good skill.

Spoiler
Something I noticed and not sure if its as design.
"Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect"
Heralds added damage doesn't seem to be caculated and same goes for items adding damage to spell the same way.

Is this a bug that no one noticed or it just another case of tooltip not showing anything?
flat damages are for hits only so they won't affect bane. If anything they may increase tooltip damage when in reality doing nothing
I'd like to suggest allowing Bane to work with Blasphemy, and either having any extra curses in the same link setup work as auras with blasphemy first as separate auras like normal, or allow them to work with bane and blasphemy increasing the mana reserved appropriately. Would make for another fun build setup to work towards, like righteous fire or Death's oath.
This isn't related to a single build, but overall, Bane feels a little boring, despite being incredibly useful. Something to make it a little more visually intersting might be to make some particle effects related to the curses it's casting pop around the area, or have it quickly flash each sigil on cast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info