[3.6] Hand Casting Storm Call | Elementalist/Occultist | League start | Big update

So far my Skill set is double unleash storm call. im playing as trickster which changes some aspects but my cast speed is fast enough that I can drop a double Unleash and things just melt. I paired them with storm Burst for charges and infused channeling if I can manage it but have yet to decide on it.

However I definitely have enjoyed my double Unleash setups.
"
Trilusions wrote:
So far my Skill set is double unleash storm call. im playing as trickster which changes some aspects but my cast speed is fast enough that I can drop a double Unleash and things just melt. I paired them with storm Burst for charges and infused channeling if I can manage it but have yet to decide on it.

However I definitely have enjoyed my double Unleash setups.

Hey,

I am interested in your gem links. Can you list them out? I am a bit confused on what you mean by double unleash storm call. I have a decent amount of cast speed but am curious as to what you mean.

Thanks!
Twitch.tv/Kevic
Guide Forum posts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2461277
I have two socket sets of stormcall,
Both being:
-Stormcall
-Decreased Duration
-Unleash
Then one more socket that I havnt quite decided on, ATM I have one with Elemental Focus and a second with increased AoE.
Since I have alot of cast speed as I run I click Both keys, drop 8 stormcalls(4 each) then keep running. Or drop one to the left, one to the right.

As im a trickster(but no builds to compare to over there), I use storm burst for charges and its damage amp linked with
-Phy to lightning
-Elemental focus
-Increased duration
-infused channeling

when I hit a boss I channel burst for max charges(6/5). for at least 1.6 seconds for infused channeling( both of which make my stormcall 5.8k and 3.9k when my base is only 3.9 and 2.6 --Tooltip dps) and while channeling I can click the stormcalls and it automatically mixes them between my channeling for extra dps.

Im using increased AoE on the one instead of double concs since I tend to clear trash with the unleash stacks instead of stopping with channels.
still working out if spamming stormcall is more dps since my cast speed is 90% without last lab though...
Doesn't stormburst deal more damage? I also believe it gets more damage for less investment in the passive tree due to conversions from phys.
ON Bosses it seems to, but 8 hits of stormcall stacked with a vaal stormcall is the tried and true storm call burst- assuming your gear is up to par which mine isnt lol. atm my burst is 7.58 cps, stormcall is only 3.8. with 36% ICS trickster to pick up still but thats irreverent. so casting the calls takes half a second lossing me ~ 3.7 burst casts but 8 stormcalls gained, along with bursts explosion effect. likely not worth the 8 gems lost in comparison and its preventing me from picking up the duration on the skill tree. but I wanna improve the stormcall, whas my initial skill choice.
So I am running basically the same thing. Haven't spent on the daggers yet still working on getting the crafting mods much less the 4 exalts.

Running 2 auras Wrath, Heard of Thunder. I run semi low on mana sometimes single target boss fights but with unleash I can wait a few seconds while dodging to get the mana back up. Zealotry can over take Herald of Thunder but that would require EB but if you look at the next paragraph you will see that EB is unnecessary.

The larger dmg increase is from running 2 curses by impresence and then an extra curse item. Right now i am using vixens but you could easily doedre's Damning instead and craft gloves which would be better in the long run but more expensive. The most expensive is getting an impresence that is corrupted with the extra Curse. Assassin's Mark is huge dps increase with conductivity and if you wanted to be safe you could replace assassin's mark with enfeeble to increase tankiness. I am applying the curses by storm brand which is also what i am using to proc arcane surge for increased dmg.

Overall this is a good build and fun. I love storm call and haven't gotten to use it in a long time and plays very well. I think the small amount of ES leech/ES keeps me much safer wondering what you thought over reserving all your mana.
Greetings, I'm currently leveling a character using this skill build, got into the league a bit late this season but still wanted to check it out. I've been using the PoB leveling trees that increment every 10 levels for the EB version of the build. So far it's worked out well in the early stages, but I noticed that transitioning from the level 60 to level 70 tree requires 28 refunds, and then going from 70 to the default tree requires another 35. Is this fully intentional or were the leveling trees just not updated?

I've definitely seen guides recommend swapping around some points for gems later and changing sections, but I've yet to see a PoB guide that requires 63 refunds. If it's intended, I don't mind, but I just wanted to make sure before investing into it.

Also, is there a certain currency amount and level you'd recommend to be the minimum for switching over to the CI occultist version? I've been wanting to mess around with a CI build for a while now, but never have gotten around to it.
This looks interesting, but I have a question. In your PoB, it shows you use Arcane Surge linked to Flame Dash and also to Storm Call, but you also take Eldritch Battery which means you're spending ES instead of mana to cast, so Arcane Surge doesn't proc unless you burn through your ES. Is this intended? Surge won't hardly ever be up this way.
This has never and will never work on a Witch.

Storm Call is only realistic on the old dude with no pants with shit model that makes every Mtx armor look like Rubbish.

His name is Templar
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on May 18, 2019, 9:22:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info