Are these people bots?

Like I'm getting genuinely confused.
Every time announce is made by GGG, first two or three pages immediately get filled with one word comments like "wow", "pog", "woah", "<3" etc etc.
I keep filtering these people off but new ones keep popping up.
Every.
Single.
Time.

The most confusing part, is a lot of them are profiles with high number of challenges done, supporter packs, end-game character etc.
Do people actually do this or they just add some sort of bot to their account that does this automatically whenever GGG member makes a thread?
What is the point of this?
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2019, 10:38:22 AM
puts tinfoil hat on :

or maybe everyone saying anything remotely negative about patch gets their post deleted and posts described in op get moved up to front page

Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
puts tinfoil hat on :

or maybe everyone saying anything remotely negative about patch gets their post deleted and posts described in op get moved up to front page

Sounds like something Digital Extremes would do.
Still doesn't explain where do brain dead comments come from. And why.
I think the larger the medium, the more of such comments we will have, not everyone is as eloquent as some people so maybe they dont know any other way to express their happiness over patch content.

Just check youtube comments and it will be pretty simmilar. Also somehow i think first page comments thing is a meme and people do it intentionally.

There happened a few times that someone made a constructive comment but it just gets buried in 50 pages of "nice".
Spreading salt since 2006
My experience: brain dead comments come from brain dead people 90% or more of the time. The other times they could be bots, I guess.
Censored.
Beta testers bro.
>be me back when I used to actually play PoE
>notice new announcement up within 2 seconds of staff posting it
>read comprehensively and write post of critical analysis
>press submit
>see my post is on page 3

No, they're not bots. No, they're not necessarily braindead people, even if they're posting braindead posts. It is simply this: if you want to be first, you don't have time to even read the announcement, much less form a cogent response.

It would probably help if GGG soft-locked announcements for the first 15 minutes or so that they're up; by "soft-locked" I mean you can begin writing a reply in the editor but can't post it until the duration expires.

/thread
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 7, 2019, 4:56:48 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
>be me back when I used to actually play PoE
>notice new announcement up within 2 seconds of staff posting it
>read comprehensively and write post of critical analysis
>press submit
>see my post is on page 3

No, they're not bots. No, they're not necessarily braindead people, even if they're posting braindead posts. It is simply this: if you want to be first, you don't have time to even read the announcement, much less form a cogent response.

It would probably help if GGG soft-locked announcements for the first 15 minutes or so that they're up; by "soft-locked" I mean you can begin writing a reply in the editor but can't post it until the duration expires.

/thread

Yep, this.

I used to do this as well back in the day, thinking it was "Cool" to be on first page on those daily news posts.

Way back mods would remove those one word replies on the first page of news posts. I remember having my one word comment removed, and got a private message from the mod saying that my comment was removed as it was out of content and considered spam, and I was kindly advised not to post such comments again. I just dropped commenting on news posts after that.

My comment was: Oi!

Guess they don't bother policing the news posts in such manners any more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info