*High DMG 30k+ AoE DPS **INCINERATE RF** Templar

***UPDATE***

Short gameplay video uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDWqvXEOJB4

Important notes*
This build is by all means and end game build, which is to be expected when using RF. There is a decently high gear check that needs to be met.

First go at posting a build, but after seeing complaints about incinerate decided to show off what I've been melting faces with. This build is still in the works, as there are a few missing keystones for even more dps and survivability.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Before going into the build, here is an example of my current DPS situation, level 75 and pain attunement now acquired.

**The DPS Numbers (Warning: Math)**

With my current items listen below:

3555 DPS base with RF running. x3 with LMP = 10665 max single target DPS
*After one power up(80% more damage)* 6399 DPS. x3 with LMP = 19197 max single target DPS
**After 2 power ups* 9243 DPS. x3 with LMP = 27729 max single target DPS
***After 3 power ups* 12087 DPS. x3 with LMP = 36261 max single target DPS

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/More for information on 'More' damage multipliers.

________________________________________________________________________________________

*The Skills

Incinerate- LMP/GMP, Mana Leech, Faster Casting, Added Chaos Damage/Fire Pen, Life Leech. Faster casting allows incinerate to power up at a faster rate, and mana leech is absolutely necessary in order to maintain the mana costs.

Righteous Fire- just try to get it in a +2 fire gems.

Purity/Discipine/Vitality- Reduced mana cost.

Clarity/Haste- Reduced mana cost + Blood magic. Main use of these is to get low life for Pain attunement, and free stats.

Molten Shell- Faster casting, Increased area/concentrated effect/duration. Use this if out of granite flasks, or in addition to.

________________________________________________________________________________________

*Passive Tree

*** When leveling I advise grabbing the clusters of life nodes near the templar starting area, and near Zealot's Oath. Drop these nodes only after acquiring Shavronne's Wrappings.

Level 72 current passive tree update- Pain Attunement included.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAW8CcQQHBLMFWwx9EH8UTRkuHRQfAiftLR8y0TQKNsU22DvhPI5DY0VHRtdMs03YUFBUSVfJWPVZ813GXz9gbWaebRlxTXrme9d9U35Zf8aBb4KbgziESIdli3qLjIx2jM-PRo_6ms-cLZ2AncSePKKjpwinK6yqtQS2hrcxuJO53cAawcXB88Ntxp7UfNSP2CTa3d3z4XPi9-dS52rr7uwY7FXtIO8O8WzyL_Pd9kj3wfrS

Standard path from templar start for RF builds to maximize ES and life regen nodes. Then head to the witch area to pick up more ES and fire dmg, and evenetually ghost reaver/pain attunment. Be aware that running no +life nodes is only an option after obtaining Shavronne's Wrappings.

Ideal passive tree around level 75.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAW8CcQQHBLMFWwx9EH8UTRkuHRQfAiftLR8y0TbFNtg74TyOQ2NFR0bXTLNN2FBQVElXyVj1WfNdxl8_YG1mnm0ZcU165n1Tfll_xoFvgpuDOIRIh2WLeouMjHaMz49Gms-cLZ2AncSePKKjpwinK6yqtQS2hrcxuJO53cAawcXB88Ntxp7UfNSP2CTa3d3z4XPi9-dS52rr7uwY7FXtIO8O8WzyL_Pd9kj3wfrS

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My current gear

Spoiler

Maximizing all resists, not just fire, is essential. Low base health build means you are vulnerable to status effects, namely freeze which is very dangerous.
The high ES requirement also means you will sacrifice a lot of armor, however this is made up for with granite flasks, molten shell, and the +armor/ES nodes.

Eye of Chayula is very strong here, as it allows your incinerate to never get interupted and reset(unless you get frozen, but if that is an issue there is dream fragments).

Shavronne's BP allows you to minimize your health pool, as well as grab pain attunement for free dmg boost. It is the only real requirement gear wise the rest is just for raw stats. With a 6 link I would grab life leech and thats when ghost reaver becomes available.
Last edited by Dsfarblarwaggle on Mar 14, 2013, 4:02:14 PM
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAW8CcQQHBLMFWwx9EH8UTRkuHRQfAiftKPotHzLRNsU22DvhPI5DY0VHRtdMs03YVElXyVj1WfNdxl8_YG1mnmh0bRlxTXvXfll_xoFvgseDOIRIh2WKr4t6i4yMdo9Gj_qUoJrPnC2dgJ3Enjyio6cIpyusqrUEtzG4k7ndwBrBxcHzw23GnsuY1I_VLNgk2mLa3d3z4XPi9-dS6-7sGOxV7SDvDvFs8i_z3ffB-tI=

IMO:
- The extra 0.4% regen that you get from the marauder tree is a waste when you have to pick up 16% increase to life just to get it.
- Grabbing the fire damage nodes in the Templar tree is a waste. 6% Fire Damage is nothing and a waste of a point.
- Why aren't you grabbing Pain Attunement now? Get rid of those Templar Fire Damage nodes! If you're a 'low life' build, you should be using things that boost your damage at low life.
- If you have 600 base life, with 75% fire resist, RF will do 150 Damage/sec on that. Your current regen is 2.9%, meaning that you require ~20K ES to break even with RF. You need more life regen. It is definitely possible to regen more life than RF takes away.
- Use those points towards the 1.2% Regen in the center of the tree.
- Use Springleaf Unique Shield - 6% Life Regen while on low life!
- Use Vitality with BM and RM instead of Haste and Clarity - with buff nodes at Level 17 it's an extra 1.7% life regen.

With the changes I've suggested, you'll get an extra 8.5% Life Regen, meaning you'll be over 11.4% Life Regen (I think). 600 base life, you only need 1315 ES - as opposed to 20K - to balance out the negative effect of RF. Of course you'll have more than that, but everything after just goes straight to regen. Assuming you had just 6K ES, your regen would about 530 ES/sec
Last edited by meatmeatmeatmeat on Mar 11, 2013, 12:25:51 PM
While I personally wouldn't make most of the changes you suggested (Dropping the fire damage nodes in templar tree -might- be effective, however I currently am lacking in resists gear so the +10 all with the damage is huge) I will say that they are great choices if you are on a lower budget for this build. Granted the Shavronne's BP is required regardless for low HP so its going to be costly.

In regards to how I am using low HP for this build- lower HP does mean higher regen due to less RF burn, however running the 2 blood magic auras is looking to require around a minimum of 1200-1300 max HP even with reduced mana linked. (You suggested vitality, I already have it but without blood magic.)

There are 5 auras my build runs: discipline, purity, vitality, clarity(blood magic) and haste(blood magic). These blood magic auras mean I need to maintain a minimum health pool, so the +life nodes help towards that.

My current state of gear puts me at 5500 ES with discipline running, and 1291 health. When RF is on, I am practially at the break even point, I lose ES at the rate of about 100 ES every 5-6 seconds.

The reason I have not yet invested into Pain Attunement is that my blood magic and reduced mana supports were not at the point they needed to be to allow me to run the proper auras and sit at <35% hp. This will be fixed in a few more levels of each gem.

This build (for my specific character) revolves around a high gear requirement. It uses a balance of getting the HP needed to run all the auras, with enough ES to out regen the RF burn caused by that HP, and loads of DPS to supplement the high ES pool and resists.

Also to note, having level 20 or 19 gems for your auras is a HUGE difference maker. If my vitality was 19 instead of 16 I would already out regen RF, and the same goes for if my purity was 20. Remember with purity at level 20 and elemental adaption, you are operating at 85% resistances, not 75%.
"
Clarity/Haste- Reduced mana cost + Blood magic. Main use of these is to get low life for Pain attunement, and free stats.

I don't think low life works that way. It reduces your maximum life by a certain percentage and thus it won't trigger low life, you're just reducing your overall life pool.
"
Ecneralc wrote:
"

I don't think low life works that way. It reduces your maximum life by a certain percentage and thus it won't trigger low life, you're just reducing your overall life pool.

Auras with blood magic does not reduce your max life, it reserves a set amount of your max life, and does allow you to have low %s of life.

For example you have 1000 life with 700 reserved, so your life is capped at 300 but it is listed as 300 out of 1000.
must say there is one thing i don't like at all... you didn't grab chance to shock on hit and use an added lightning gem... at a minimum of 6 casts per second it is well worth it in my opinion (aka 120% increased damage)
So many build ideas... no time....
"
Simony wrote:
must say there is one thing i don't like at all... you didn't grab chance to shock on hit and use an added lightning gem... at a minimum of 6 casts per second it is well worth it in my opinion (aka 120% increased damage)

This might not work that well, because the damage effectiveness of incinerate means that you basically will hardly get shocks. If the lightning damage is less than 1% of a mob's hp for a single hit then no shock will be applied. You'd have to run simulations to be sure.
IGN: Argonaute or Argohuskar
Last edited by argonaute on Mar 12, 2013, 12:37:39 AM
"
Simony wrote:

I saw some talk about it, have not tested it yet.

However as posted above, added damage gems are reduced to 20% effectiveness with incinerate due to the huge casts per second. I believe it was shown somewhere that the fully powered stage incinerate could trigger shock but I haven't tested personally.

*edit

Also incinerate cannot crit at all, which makes shock even harder to apply.
Last edited by Dsfarblarwaggle on Mar 12, 2013, 12:49:36 AM
Thanks to a few requests, I'm going to try and upload a gameplay video after the incinerate buff this evening, no promises on commentary however.
Won't chaos damage instakill you?

EDIT: Just checked your chestpiece. Never mind.
Last edited by oomist on Mar 13, 2013, 5:22:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info