The Holy_Penguin's Guide to the Incinerate Marauder! [3/12/13]

Update : Woot! Incinerate 12% increase damage buff! Hurry up and start on your incinerate marauder to do some serious DPS!

Want to have some fun? Tired of the same old running and gunning marauder playstyle? Ever wanted to burn down things with your skills?

THEN THE INCINERATE BUILD IS JUST PERFECT FOR YOU!

What will this build focus on? Mainly HP nodes and resistances and some pure damage nodes.

Why? Well with incinerate, you are forced to stand still or the skill will not be effective. In order to survive and deal as much damage as possible, you need to take all the HP nodes available to you.

What does it offer? This build offers some insane DPS along with some good survivability.

Why should you play this on a marauder and not a witch? Well, although I've never played a Witch myself, I feel as if the disability of being forced to be immobile during casting is a bit too much for a witch to handle. I don't believe they are tanky enough to sustain such a skill whereas marauders are. Marauders are made for straight-up face tanking and this skill is able to build off of that. Getting up close and personal while frying your enemy's faces off is what this build does best on a marauder.

Key Nodes to get :
Spoiler
Unwavering Stance - So you don't get stopped when on a flaming rampage.
Static Blows - Shock stack with your 4th level of Incinerate for some MASSIVE DAMAGE.
Immolation - More fire.
Any life nodes - Really?
Chaos Resist Nodes - Snakes hurt.

Passive Skill Build : Updated
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEC4wPGBAcEswUtBg4HpQn2DH0OPBB_FCAUTRRxFm8ZLhmFGjgabBzcHwIkPCSqJa0nqSftKLUpTyycLR82xTbYNuk6UjrYQKBBqkbXSRtJOklRSbJMs03YUEdQUFRJVcZWBFhjWfNabV3GXz9gS2CIYVJj_We9bRlyqX_GgW-CEIKbhmCHZYuMjHaMz49GkFWboZwtna6ePJ_LogCio6cIpzCnXKeErKqvt7UEuJO53byfwBrB88aextjPZdDQ1BnUj9gk37Dhc-Nq45_kIudS7DjsVe0g7m_vDu9O8B_xbPF28i_z3fZI9zL46_3P

OPTIONAL : YOU CAN GET THE BLOOD MAGIC NODE IF YOU WANT ( Highly suggested until you can support yourself with life-leech and a blood-magic gem)

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
Pros :
1. This build has WTF damage
2. You light things on fire and watch them burn very fast
3. End-game scales better than early-game
4. You'll be able to solo anything eventually
5. FUN AS HELL TO BURN SHIT
6. Since you're a marauder and building HP, you can use this skill to it's full potential

Cons :
1. Insane mana costs early-game until you get a blood-magic gem or get the node
2. You can't move
3. You need to charge up to reach full potential
4. You need a 5L or a 6L to reach the full potential damage of this skill

Support Gems you need :
Spoiler
You ABSOLUTELY need to have either greater multiple projectiles or lesser multiple projectiles, faster casting(optional but highly recommended), added lightning damage, blood-magic, and life-leech/mana leech. Mana leech early on to sustain until you get blood magic gem or node.

Aura Gems Needed :
Spoiler
Honestly, you have a lot of options here when it comes to auras. However, the four main aura's that I would consider using would be Vitality (Sustain yourself), Determination (Tank harder), Haste (Get to stage 4 faster), and Purity (Tank harder).

Gear Needed :
Spoiler
I'll come back to this.

Let me know below what you think.

If you have any comments, concerns, or questions just leave a message below or PM me.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
Last edited by pianokingx3 on Mar 12, 2013, 5:45:17 PM
"
Any general Area of effect nodes - Helps you spread dat shit.

Incinerate isn't an AOE skill gem. Maybe you should try something before writing a guide on it.
I too decided to make an incinerate marauder. I feel the blood magic node is absolutely necessary because of how many support gems work well with incinerate, and if they don't reduce the mana cost you would kill yourself with the blood magic support gem. I haven't decided on static blows. I haven't done the math, but I question whether you could ever do enough damage with a single cast of incinerate to get past the minimum health percentage shock threshold.

Also, unless it has some secret properties not listed anywhere, your area of effect nodes are wasted. Incinerate doesn't have 'AoE' on it, I'm pretty sure it's just a 100% piercing projectile.
"
Chypre wrote:
"
Any general Area of effect nodes - Helps you spread dat shit.

Incinerate isn't an AOE skill gem. Maybe you should try something before writing a guide on it.

+1

And 120 Points Build (and even with 120 points, you are not taking the marauder arsonist node). Please, rewrite this correctly.
IGN - Elyzim
"
JohnLG wrote:
I too decided to make an incinerate marauder. I feel the blood magic node is absolutely necessary because of how many support gems work well with incinerate, and if they don't reduce the mana cost you would kill yourself with the blood magic support gem. I haven't decided on static blows. I haven't done the math, but I question whether you could ever do enough damage with a single cast of incinerate to get past the minimum health percentage shock threshold.

Also, unless it has some secret properties not listed anywhere, your area of effect nodes are wasted. Incinerate doesn't have 'AoE' on it, I'm pretty sure it's just a 100% piercing projectile.

I wouldn't say that you'd kill yourself with the support gem. I sustain myself pretty easily with the Bloodmagic support gem and a life leech support gem.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the AoE nodes. I havent tried them myself but was going to since I felt that GMP along with Incinerate looked like an AoE Cone. But yeah, I'll fix that immediately.
Just got an quality added cold damage gem. Testing to see if this freeze will work with incinerate. If so, PVP will be hilarious.

nvm, its less effective than I thought it'd be.
Last edited by pianokingx3 on Mar 11, 2013, 4:46:34 PM
Honestly, if you're going to get all those skills for an incinerate build, I would recommend making a Witch.

The reason is that you aren't taking both starting nodes from the Marauder class (and you wouldn't want to, really). With witch, you make essentially the same build as you're planning but you can pick up +40% mana regen with only one point on the right side of Witch's starting nodes and another +20% mana regen (and +8% max mana) for a paltry 2 points.

I'd build it out by rushing to fire walker and immolation in the Witch area then take the strength paths through Templar and Marauder to give you the extra survivability you'd want as the mobs increase in lethality.

The key to picking a class for a longer-term build is looking at which starting nodes you'd like to be able to take, since those paths are only connected for the appropriate class. In the case of the incinerate build, those starting mana regen nodes would serve you quite well.

Going all the way to the Templar's 40% mana regen node and then stopping short of taking it also seems foolish to me...

"
pianokingx3 wrote:
Just got an quality added cold damage gem. Testing to see if this freeze will work with incinerate. If so, PVP will be hilarious.

nvm, its less effective than I thought it'd be.

20% effectiveness on added cold/lightning damage combined with the minimum thresholds for status ailments based on crit means you're likely to freeze no one, ever. Shock is a little bit different because you can get %age to shock on hit from talents that doesn't rely on critting.
"
Boylston wrote:
Honestly, if you're going to get all those skills for an incinerate build, I would recommend making a Witch.

The reason is that you aren't taking both starting nodes from the Marauder class (and you wouldn't want to, really). With witch, you make essentially the same build as you're planning but you can pick up +40% mana regen with only one point on the right side of Witch's starting nodes and another +20% mana regen (and +8% max mana) for a paltry 2 points.

I'd build it out by rushing to fire walker and immolation in the Witch area then take the strength paths through Templar and Marauder to give you the extra survivability you'd want as the mobs increase in lethality.

The key to picking a class for a longer-term build is looking at which starting nodes you'd like to be able to take, since those paths are only connected for the appropriate class. In the case of the incinerate build, those starting mana regen nodes would serve you quite well.

Going all the way to the Templar's 40% mana regen node and then stopping short of taking it also seems foolish to me...

Well it does make sense early on to start with a witch, but the thing is, I believe that a marauder will have better overall DPS end-game than a Witch due to a marauder's unparallel survivability. Incinerate disables you from moving and in order to keep it up, you need t o be able to take hits. No one is better at that than a marauder with high armor.

As far as taking mana regen nodes, I think that Incinerate takes far too much MP and the only way to sustain it for a long duration is to take blood magic.
Wonder how this build is currently working out? Wanted try something like this as well...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info