-edited-just went full retard.

"
Important Notice: Holy Chaos orbs, Batman!
With recent changes to the how Chaos Orbs can be rolled, this table has been flung into chaos (pun intended). Look for frequent changes over the next few days.

Let me explain why this change is retarded.

They changed rate of chaos from exalted 1:15 chaos to exalted 1:10 chaos. Meaning the value of chaos just increased by 50% overnight.

HOWEVER there is as huge flaw.

the rate of chaos to alch and scouring ALSO changed from 1:2 to 1:3.

This means for 2 chaos, you can buy 3 alchs and 3 scourings.

Now can you not see how this is a problem?

There is absolutely ZERO reason to craft using chaoses now. Say you want to craft your 5 linked chest with chaos, and you got 10 chaos in the bank. There ZERO reason for you to use your 10 chaos, because you can simply buy 15 scourings and 15 alchs, and for 10 chaos, you can reroll your chest 15 times, whereas 10 chaos only allows 10 rerolls for your chest.

Price in PoE is determined by supply and demand like in any market economy.

Supply in PoE is vendor recipes and orb drops.

Demand in PoE is how much crafters are willing to pay for a currency to craft.

You have to realize that the only reason currencies in this game have value is because currency are crafting items, and at current rates there is no reason for crafters to buy chaos to craft when it is cheaper to simply buy alch+scouring.

IGN- Narutobieber
GUIDES:
Templar Budget Strike build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/298433/page/1
Marauder Universal Endgame Skill template: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338007
Last edited by peachii on Mar 8, 2013, 6:27:41 PM
Yeah. The person who owns -edited- is going to mess up the econ bad, since most people follow his site religiously for exchange rates. I wouldn't be surprised if he changed the exalt ratio to 1:1 chaos you would see people trading it evenly within 10 minutes.
Last edited by peachii on Mar 8, 2013, 6:28:00 PM
Then why use poeex?
They didn't bother accounting for the mass influx of chaos orbs generated by the old recipe, and now they're wrong about the new recipe's impact. It'll take months before the oversaturation of chaos orbs levels out to the new recipe.
This is exactly why sites like this shouldn't be followed. A baseline of what currency is above another is fine, but breaking things down like change for a dollar is silly.

Bartering is "I need, you have". Value is relative.
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
If you're a retard, full retard doesn't make any sense. If you have been shot and won't live, being shot again isn't going to do that much anyways.
With all intelligence, insanity becomes the backdrop of the good man, and will sooner become what usurps the good man.

If you tell a truth that people don't want to hear, the truth will imprison you.

What's the point of knowing the world, if the world never talks back and others don't listen?
People shouldn't use the site, but they do since they can't think for themselves. The OP outlined it perfectly. Chaos was 2:1 with Alchemy orbs and Scouring orbs since the pair had the same effect as a chaos orb.
Here is the thing that is strange about this change.

It took -edited- weeks to change exalt:GCP ratio from 1:6 to 1:5 when it was almost impossible trade 1 exalt for 6 gcp for quite awhile.

However today, they instantly changed the price of chaos even though people are easily able to exchange 1 exalt for 15 chaos... hell in the same day before the change I was able to sell an exalt for 17 chaos so its not like people were having trouble exchanging currencies like fusings/gcps/exalts into chaos.
IGN- Narutobieber
GUIDES:
Templar Budget Strike build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/298433/page/1
Marauder Universal Endgame Skill template: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/338007
Last edited by peachii on Mar 8, 2013, 6:28:33 PM
I prefer poecalc, hopefully they don't go full retard.
"
Narutobieber wrote:
However today, they instantly changed the price of chaos even though people are easily able to exchange 1 exalt for 15 chaos... hell in the same day I was able to sell an exalt for 17 chaos so its not like people were having trouble exchanging currencies like fusings/gcps/exalts into chaos.

When in doubt, someone is making a fuckton of money.
IDK why people use that site. Who is behind it and why do they think they know what the prices are? We determine the price.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info