Can Cleave's range or AoE be buffed?

Does anyone know which gems or nodes I can take that will buff Cleave's area of effect, arc range, etc.?
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
I'm not at my CPU, but if memory serves, there are several increased radius / increased area skills near the Templar start spot and also above witch there is one. Other than that, the support gem increased aoe should work. Search the forum for "elemental cleave Templar" and you should find a build highlighting all these.
Currently wondering if the increased area of effect is useful on this gems...
Does it only increase the high of the cone or also its width?
Let me know if u find out :).
"
ShauNotDeaD wrote:
I'm not at my CPU.

XD

"
Increases to AoE will increase the radius of the affected area.

Judging by that quote, since PoE is usually very specifically worded, it would mean it "elongates" it, but doesn't make it "wider".

So if it used to be

it should end up as

which, when you look at it, does actually make it a bit wider (even though the angle remains the same).

(Note: the graphical example should just be taken as a rough sketch designed in order to explain better)

EDIT:
"
Deals damage with all equipped weapons to enemies in a 180 degree arc in front of the player.

That would actually add up on what I wrote up there, and the result is you get a really big increase in the area.

Where the smaller part represents unmodified Cleave, and the larger Cleave with Increased Area of Effect.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Mar 8, 2013, 3:12:47 PM
My points is : I want to max the life I leech, i have a 5l item ( sure i have :p) and im in a average aoe situtation....

Shall i take

Cleave/ Added phys dmg/added fire dmg/faster attack/life leech

OR

Cleave/added phys dmg/ increased area of effect/faster attack/life leech

I think this question can be relevant for optimisation...
"
urkdum wrote:
My points is : I want to max the life I leech, i have a 5l item ( sure i have :p) and im in a average aoe situtation....

Shall i take

Cleave/ Added phys dmg/added fire dmg/faster attack/life leech

OR

Cleave/added phys dmg/ increased area of effect/faster attack/life leech

I think this question can be relevant for optimisation...

my favorite answer ever . . . It depends

I can see situations where both would be the best. a ton of low hp mobs the your second options is best.

a smaller group of high hp mobs and the first option is best.

Best way to know for sure try both and see what feels right.

hob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info