Incinerate

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:27:19 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:27:48 PM
This spell seems totally unsustainable. It costs more than four times as much mana per second as Fireball. The base level 1 mana cost is 4 while Fireball is 5, but Incinerate casts every 0.16 seconds compared to Fireball's 0.85, so lvl1 Incinerate is 25m/sec while Fireball is 5.75m/sec.

I just tried and a level 1 Incinerate with LMP is over 40m/sec before attack speed. Add gem levels and three more supports, and depending on how much the mana cost scales up per level, I could see Incinerate's sustained mana cost reaching into the several hundreds per second.

On a level 10 character with lvl1 Clarity and +60% mana regen, a full bar of 150 mana depletes in a matter of a few seconds. This skill seems unusable at first glance. Maybe if the mana cost doesn't go up at all, but even so it's still unusable until you have at least 80/sec mana regen just to support a level 1 Incinerate gem in a 5L with typical supports such as LMP, Fire Penetration and Increased AoE.

It's also awful with Ignite because the damage per application is comparable to Firestorm, and Ignite doesn't stack so it'll just keep refreshing a tiny, worthless Ignite DoT. Also, the spell has 20% damage effectiveness, so you can't really use it with Added Lightning to apply Shock. The spell probably won't stun anything, either.

Other notes: the character screen DPS is about 40% lower than that of a Fireball of the same level, and the range is as short as Ethereal Knives. Oh, and the spell can't crit. It straight up has no crit chance.
Last edited by engqvist85 on Mar 7, 2013, 8:50:18 PM
wow this sounds horrible :O

still patching :/
IGN: kReiZy
Too similar to Flame Totem, especially since you cant sustain it as a caster.
IGN QTCRZ
I tested it a little more.

So far it appears to increase by 0.5 mana per level. It went from 4 to 5 by leveling the gem twice, at least. If it continues like that and ends up around 15 at level 20, the mana per second will look like this:

15*6.25 = 93.75 BASE, UNMODIFIED mana cost per second at gem level 20.

Add in support gems and it'll be at around 250-300/sec.

Add in, say, +40% faster cast...

Yeah. Several hundred mana per second.

GG, GGG. You fixed fire by adding a fire spell that's far worse than all of the existing ones.
Simply put, the only way to use it is on a totem, in which case its pretty much flame totem
Last edited by nynyny on Mar 7, 2013, 8:27:53 PM
Not sure what you guys are complaining about, with mana leech gem I can keep it going forever.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this skill also seems to have ZERO crit chance.
I only managed to get a crit through the critical weakness curse.

Why on earth does it have ZERO crit chance? A very low base chance would be perfectly alright, but ZERO? Even flamethrower has a crit chance.

What the hell?
Pretty sure the entire point of the spell is to put it on a totem, seems how the damage increases the more often it's cast from one spot.

Anyway, if you're just complaining about the spell, please calm your tits. It was just released, give it some time. Still beta guys. Still beta.
Last edited by elbicnivnimai on Mar 7, 2013, 8:36:49 PM
This is far and away the worst skill in the entire game...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info