Path of Diablo

Start playing guys, it's great. Started few ladders ago, had kept d2 on pause for like 10 years no joke. Thought it was aged too much. I was wrong.

| Ultimate Werewolf Summoner | Patch #16 Jade
------------------------------

Using Werewolf form to run among your summons, killing and healing. A warlord of the wild that focuses on being a summoner more than a werewolf.

Ultimate version Gear
Weapon: Faith Crusader Bow
Weaponswap: Mang Song's Lesson // Heart of the Oak + Spirit Monarch
Head: Guillaume's 3s - cham, melee splash, ? // Jajals(budget)
sHead: +3 grizzly base with delirium // rare with +2skills and +3 grizzly
Chest: Rain Archon Plate
Gloves: Blood Gloves / Chance Guards / Bloodfist
Boots: Gorerider / War Traveler
Amulet: Metalgrid
sAmulet: +3 druid summ +1 all skills corrupt
Ring: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Belt: Arachnid Mesh

Charms: Hellfire Torch, Annihilus, 8 druid summ skiller(5 of which 12fhr), horadrim sigil - bear curse immune, resist on rest.

Merc: Act 3 Cleansing Aura merc with Lawbringer / Pheonix(or Rhyme), guillaume's face 3s, fortitude or Act 5 Might Merc with same just Eth Legend Sword lawbringer instead of shield. Cleansing recommended for maps because curses slow down your summons big time, and poison is super annoying.

Attributes: Str for gear, dex for bow, vita rest.

-----

Skill Points
- 1 Raven
- 20 Summon Spirit Wolf
- 20 Summon Dire Wolf
- 20 Summon Grizzly
- 20 Heart of Wolverine
- 20 Oak Sage

- 1 Firestorm
- 1 Molten Boulder
- 1 Flame Dash

- 1 Werewolf
- 1 Lycanthropy
- 1 Feral Rage
- 1 Rabies
- 1 Fury

Total 109 points, last in flame Dash. Max Spirit Wolf before Dire Wolf (we need more summons able to kill things in larger area).

-----

This is actually almost 2 full builds at the same time. It's a maxed out summoner with full summon gear. Reach 51 points in bear. Besides from that, we just take points to get fury in shapeshifting tree, which along with my + skills and summon party buffs makes werewolf a serious force on its own given feral rage leech/movespeed combo with fury and the items above, sitting on up to 80% crushing blow. The werewolf is there to give yourself sustain, and to help clearing monsters in maps.

This way, the summoning druid style of constantly collecting pots(both mana and life) to continue is going away and you can just braindead farm. The important realization behind a non-flamedash druid summoner is that clearspeed in maps is not tied to teleport, but being able to farm things spread out in larger areas efficiently, so this druid maxes summon and turns you into a beast yourself to assist while automatically sustaining you.
-

Due to snapshotting summons, after the initial summon we rarely need to summon them again, especially not the bears. Therefore you see that i have 2 summon items, sAmulet, sHead. Swapping them in before any bear summons gives bear +9 lvls. You can also swap a gheeds in after bear summon, or even swap more items like belt(verdungos/tgods) but i don't wanna swap too much. Rings also can be swapped for ubers etc. This allows me to use a full summoner + strong werewolf on the side to sustain me. And you can always retreat from the front line and let the summons do the work, it's a full summoner build first and foremost, which by itself can kill any content in game - also ubers.
-

You may notice i use a Faith bow for general mapping. Bow does however work with werewolf, it just attacks in melee. This is because beast is too annoying with repair costs for prolonged use. Beast is still BiS for performance though. Faith also comes with ignore targets defense for killing trash mobs in maps, as well as it spawns minions when you kill. Alternatively you could go for something like Stormlash with sockets, this can give you 4 frame attack time and 100% crushing blow, but you won't be empowering your minions with fanaticism.

-

To recap about ubers, if you really wanna facetank them i suggest keeping certain items around. Use beast/stormlash. Beast if you wanna go for summons, stormlash to max empower yourself. Stormlash can get enough sockets to get ias to reach 4fpa while also capping crushing blow and having a zod inside so it won't break from continued usage. Tgods. Stormshield or phoenix shield. Treachery for proc fade. If you really wanted a max uber build should also have dex for cap block.
-

Enigma is actually a core item if you want to use this build to do speedruns like cs, baal, keys, because your ability as a summoner in vanilla content is greatly diminished if you cannot teleport around, relocating summons(focusing them), so it's either enigma or max flame dash, but if you max flame dash your wolves won't be strong, so with a flame dash build you are going to be too slow for maps which is a big part of what i am addressing with this build. Alternatively you can invest points into Flame Dash over Dire wolf.

-----

This is clearly not a leveling/starter focused guide, expensive gear, but if you want to level go summoner, max flame dash early and i can suggest keyfarm + shrenk for earlier gear. That's super safe to start with.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 25, 2019, 3:08:48 PM
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2019, 6:13:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info