Strange issues HELP!

Hi

I have played POE for quite some time and have never had any issues at all really. Played PC windows 7, 8 GB RAM, i3 processor and Geeforce 970GTX. Nothing strange there..

I bought a new CPU just the other day, a huge upgrade with win10, Geeofrce RTX 2060, 16 GB ram etc etc etc.

But now, the game have started to act very strange. It crashes/disconnects if i use alt + tab, i get an error message when trying to enter "Overgrown ruin" map. I got some strange crash erorr message I cant remember now.. But now also "Bazaar" map is making my game crash with error message:

Metadata/Monsters/Statue/stonestatuelargemalespear@74: Error: is not virtual and does not have a physical file.

Above errors are from base Class:
Metadata/monsters/statue/statuelarge

above errors are from base class:
Metadata/Monsters/Statue/stonestatuelargemalespear

Please advise..

And yes, I have installed all correct drivers for Graphics, processor, updated windows and all that. And I play game in DirectX11.

Something is really wrong… On top of this the program "POE builder" doesnt work either, I know that is not your own release but still.. I get some error message there as well upon launching the program, never happened on my old CPu for example..
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2019, 7:34:53 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/aqlbq0/nvidia_drivers_update_made_poe_angry/

tl;dr

try using an older, more stable driver.

sometimes, making sure you're running dx11 also solves problems. for this you must check/change the ingame settings (which writes it to the config file). stating either exe won't work.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Hi,

Thanks. Yes I have made sure I use divx11 so no worries there.. I'll check the link. Thank you!
I just wanted to update on the issue. Everything is solved now.

I reinstalled Win10, installed all drivers for Graphics, processors etc. What I did different is that i downloaded Visual c++ 2017 x84 and x64 and also an older version from 2015. Bam! All works as a Clock. Not sure exactly what was the main solver but thought it ought to be good if anyone else runs into the same issue.

Best regards
Mårten
"
Sterland wrote:
Not sure exactly what was the main solver

Do you have the game installed on an HDD and was it an "Exceptional" error message?
Hi

Yes, game was running on an quite old HDD Samsung. Now I installed it on my SSD.. Which is not intended since I only want windows there, but I Think I will invest in Another SSD disk cause they run much smoother..

It was not an "exceptional" error if i recall correctly.

Best regards
Mårten

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info