Once again left with 5 uber lab trials.

Please get rid of RNG for progression.

Have the first trial in T1 maps, the second trial in t2, etc. Give us something to run, to get to the trial we need.

I don't have the 4 link craft, cause it's hidden in an unknown location in the Delve. Have a indicator like the maps do. Give us some hint at what to do. Who knows what else i'm missing.

New master system. My engagement in this league has never been so low. There is nothing to progress. Masters are nearly always on maps i don't have and almost not able to get, with the low map drop rate.

I hated the pokemon league and not really fond of the time travel one. Now they are the masters. ho hum.

I have friends i normally play with, share masters, maps. didn't do that this league. nothing to share, not enough care.

Anyone else notice that people like poebuild.net, EE, ZiggyD - all quiet this league.

X
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 6:25:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
aren't games about giving players the chance to discover things?

even the streamers you obviously love so much are dependent on game elements being kept secret from the player so they can spoil them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
While I agree with OP Uber trials are annoying and too heavily gated behind RNG, it is nothing that can not be overcome. This system did not change for a long time, if anything it should be easier in 3.5 to hunt trials due to changes to how Zana appears in maps and provides additional maps with trials as completion criteria.

It took me 25 trials in maps to find all, you can easily track it by counting offering to the goddess. My record number of trials was over 80 few leagues back where I was absolutely desperate. I considered joining Global 820 to look for the trial.

The idea of having trials on various tries is decent. Alternatively, GGG should tweak algorithm spawning trials to prefer those trials that were not yet encountered. One way or the other, I should be slightly easier to get all 6 trials.
Missing last trial feels like a minor/major nuisance (non-SSF/SSF)

On other side, probably every fine tuned meta build rocks the game even without the last Ascendancy.

My (unpopular) opinion is that trials should instead be ditched altogether and Uber Lab should be beefed up accordingly.
"
aldorus wrote:

My (unpopular) opinion is that trials should instead be ditched altogether and Uber Lab should be beefed up accordingly.

Understandably unpopular opinion ;P

Izaro is still one of the hardest hitting bosses currently in PoE. There is not much space to buff him unless you want to make him 1-hit KO monster. This would disproportionately punished builds requiring precise positioning, melee range or channeling to deal damage.

If you suggest to buff labyrinth itself, ie. make traps hitting harder or complicate navigation through the maze more, it would infuriate even more people than if you buff Izaro's damage.

I don't know about ssf, but as a normal player. I finish the acts,spend about half an hour in /global 820 and have all the trials. They do need some rework, until that time, you have 820. Especially in the early stages of the league, a ton of people have trials they are willing to share.
I've got uber lab done on a very casual play through ssf hc... I skipped trials for the majority of my initial mapping.
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
aldorus wrote:

Understandably unpopular opinion ;P

Izaro is still one of the hardest hitting bosses currently in PoE. There is not much space to buff him unless you want to make him 1-hit KO monster. This would disproportionately punished builds requiring precise positioning, melee range or channeling to deal damage.

If you suggest to buff labyrinth itself, ie. make traps hitting harder or complicate navigation through the maze more, it would infuriate even more people than if you buff Izaro's damage.

Honestly, I do not even remember when I last saw Uber Izaro make a move. He appears, face-slap, movement skill, boom, he disappears. The best way to ignore whatever damage he can do is to not let him do anything :( Note, that I tend to be one of those loathing Uber Lab, yet I did the Uber Lab chests grind challenge this league (!) because it is just an autopilot task.

I claim that Izaro just ceased to exist in the current game, if you embrace the "big numbers builds". Sure, the traps inbetween remains, but I did hundred runs almost paying no attention, and I am really a scrub and my mechanical skills corresponds to that sleepy-grandaddy I am. It almost feels like our characters gained three extra magnitudes of power, while the lab was more or less left alone. I am really not sure, but at current state, it really is just a legwork job, you snipe that last one or two trials on /820 if you can, then you just brute force trololo walk through it, once you are sure you will explode Izaro without him having a chance to do anything (important part). Part of playerbase hates that altogether, part silently accepts it, part struggles to reach that Izaro melting point and struggles. Sure, part enjoys the current state, I do not.

I probably should not care, but I am alarmed. Adding invulnerability phases and damage/oneshot culture feels like a blind alley. I would rather see Uber Izaro completelly gone and the Maze repurposed to be something else than it is now.

Idea: the Uber Lab gains one new "flavour" - Ascendancy only. At the end of this instance, there would only be Ascendancy table, no enchant nor chests. You would only need majority of trials completed to enter (4+). To enter the "proper" Uber Lab, you would as normal need them all, but then, you get the sweet extras.
Bonus Idea: get rid of Izaro "kill me or I kill you", by choosing out of two/three different types of encounters in the Aspirant trial room (~1=as is now, 2=puzzle room, 3=extra saucy maze, time for extra key)
global /820 ftw

SSF = well ... i feel sorry for you ;)

"
xyllywyt wrote:

Anyone else notice that people like poebuild.net, EE, ZiggyD - all quiet this league.

t.b.h. : i could not care less about these people
Last edited by bex_HB on Feb 15, 2019, 6:25:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info