Struggle with bosses (single target dps).

Hello,

I run winterorb as a new char with my elementalist. As a fresh target my gear aint optimized (offcourse) but I realy struggle with single target dps (lvl 1 maps).....any advice in this matter?

Thx.

https://pastebin.com/PjFeVzNM
Last edited by Umbario on Feb 14, 2019, 3:39:04 AM
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 2:32:55 AM
i took a quick look and first things that comes to my mind:

-are you critting often enough to keep EO up?

-cold to fire and 3 Heralds (i'd drop Thunder and Ice and go for Anger+Ash)

-you shield is kinda useless, get something that gives you Deeeeps ( Sceptres with penetration are nice)

-swap duration for firepen for bosses?

-take EE and test, can be tricky with ice/fire, but atleast it's something

e: also your support gems are 0 quality and low level, so there are some nice gains incoming :)

d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Feb 14, 2019, 5:51:31 AM
think you looked at the necromaner ;)

I asked about the winterorb elementalist xD

"
Umbario wrote:
Hello,

I run winterorb as a new char with my elementalist.
Last edited by Umbario on Feb 14, 2019, 6:18:57 AM
if your Necro gets better with these, then ok xD

-are you critting often enough to keep EO up?

-cold to fire and 3 Heralds (i'd drop Thunder and Ice and go for Anger+Ash)

-you shield is kinda useless, get something that gives you Deeeeps ( Sceptres with penetration are nice)

-swap duration for firepen for bosses?

-take EE and test, can be tricky with ice/fire, but atleast it's something
d:-D*
its a build from ziz and I am pretty sure he knows a thing or 2 from PoE......the shield is ment for endgame I might have equiped it to early cause I am no where ready for end game.
generally, most builds struggle with single target DPS if they're not super strong / designed very well. best option is to just follow the FOTM builds if you really care about single target damage
I swapped spirit shield and it gave me 25% boost already....the shield I was using was in the endgame gear/build.

My totem guy had enough single target but I just dont like the mind over matter all (most dunno :P) totem builds use.

After 900 hours and 7 chars in this league I am still looking for a build that suits me best and I am no where close to make them myself. But then again if you (I) keep following pre made builds I'll might never learn.

PoE is a very complex game if you compaire it to diablo or grim dawn.
"
Umbario wrote:
Hello,

I run winterorb as a new char with my elementalist. As a fresh target my gear aint optimized (offcourse) but I realy struggle with single target dps (lvl 1 maps).....any advice in this matter?

Thx.

https://pastebin.com/PjFeVzNM

I think your main problem is gem choices in your 6 link. You clearly value quality of life and clear speed, but if you want to up your single target DPS I recommend the following:

Don't use increased duration - use Efficacy instead. (Probably keep efficacy always)

Faster casting should be switched with Controlled Destruction (at least for single targets).

For bosses that have no adds, you could also swap out GMP for added cold or cold penetration.

Your gear obviously needs work but it's plenty good enough for level 1 maps. I would look at your weapon especially, it's barely giving you anything. You don't need spell crit at all if you are going to play EO.

Get your cruel lab done ASAP for a big DPS boost.
"
Zidly wrote:
[

I think your main problem is gem choices in your 6 link. You clearly value quality of life and clear speed, but if you want to up your single target DPS I recommend the following:

Don't use increased duration - use Efficacy instead. (Probably keep efficacy always)

Faster casting should be switched with Controlled Destruction (at least for single targets).

For bosses that have no adds, you could also swap out GMP for added cold or cold penetration.

seems to work ;) thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info