Are assassins real?

Cool, enjoy, or not. All good. Yes, I haven't watched commercial TV for years, except the odd football match when the hype train is on for my team (though I prefer to go to a game every now and then). All those ads, terrible reality content, "news", ugh. You couldn't pay me to watch that crap.

There's something fundamentally wrong with a medium that sticks five ads in between scenes in Sophie's Choice.

I watch a good few television series, though. Some brilliant stuff out there in so many genres.
Last edited by erdelyii on Feb 11, 2019, 9:10:44 PM
"
erdelyii wrote:

I think the truth might lie somewhere between the book and a more skeptical view such as this -

Cracks in “The Iceman”: Richard Kuklinski, Serial Killer and Real-Life Mafia Hit Man.

Regardless, not someone I'd want to meet in a dark alleyway.

I think you're probably right. Interesting read, thanks! ♥

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:

I think you're probably right. Interesting read, thanks! ♥

<3

"
He sighed and opened the black box and took out his rings and slipped them on. Another box held a set of knives and Klatchian steel, their blades darkened with lamp black. Various cunning and intricate devices were taken from velvet bags and dropped into pockets. A couple of long-bladed throwing tlingas were slipped into their sheaths inside his boots. A thin silk line and folding grapnel were wound around his waist, over the chain-mail shirt. A blowpipe was attached to its leather thong and dropped down the back of his cloak; Teppic picked a slim tin container with an assortment of darts, their tips corked and their stems braille-coded for ease of selection in the dark.

He winced, checked the blade of his rapier and slung the baldric over his right shoulder, to balance the bag of lead slingshot ammunition. As an afterthought he opened his sock drawer and took a pistol crossbow, a flask of oil, a roll of lockpicks and, after some consideration, a punch dagger, a bag of assorted caltrops and a set of brass knuckles.

Teppic picked up his hat and checked it's lining for the coil of cheesewire. He placed it on his head at a jaunty angle, took a last satisfied look at himself in the mirror, turned on his heel and, very slowly, fell over.

― Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Last edited by erdelyii on Feb 12, 2019, 12:40:14 AM
I believe that there are people out there that you can pay/hire to kill someone. I don't know if it is completely all about money they will get paid(tons of money) or they just view the world or the lives of people differently.
The freelance assassin is mostly a myth. Professional assassins exist, but virtually all of them are tied to one specific criminal organization who is their exclusive patron. It's not a service that is practical to advertise.

It's worth noting that John Wick, although fictional, seemed to operate under this model while working professionally.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 12, 2019, 11:03:03 AM
There was a documentary on a bunch of really young kids who tortured people to death for the MexiCali "mafia" and a 16 year old who is being tried as an adult in the United States only because he turned himself in when arrested in Mexico because he knew his boss planned to have him killed for being too spontaneous a killer and not obeying orders to kill only who he was told to kill. The guy shot the first man at age 13 when a guy promised to give him 6 thousand dollars if he shot a particular drunk guy in the room.

There are professional snipers for the military of many governments.

But if you are asking about the Dark Web, no. Those are all fake.
That 16 year old, what's his name?

This thread is incomplete without Leon.

I have watched that movie too..Polar..did not like the story line at all.
i do not believe there are professional assassins..like the pros who get in and out with ski masks and suits and all the passport changing blablabla...just crooks and gangs who hijack you and kill you..or break into your house and shoot you in the head..if pros who could do sniper shit from Burj Khalifa did exist then we would have very many prominent deaths.
https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/ | https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/lp/tatami-bjj-gi/ | https://www.safarivillageexpeditions.com/kenya-safari-tours/
biggie
Last edited by sandertristan on Apr 6, 2019, 9:22:40 AM
"
sandertristan wrote:
if pros who could do sniper shit from Burj Khalifa did exist then we would have very many prominent deaths.

They do exist. Thing is, unlike in movies, the myriad intelligence agencies around the world aren't incompetent enough to let a single high-profile killer run around.
Yes.

A recent example are the group of assassins sent to the Saudi embassy in Turkey by Mohammed bin Salman to dismember and murder Jamal Khashoggi

(Also, stay on I_NOs good side - just sayin')

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info