Stuck on authenticating user on login screen

I'm trying to login to the California realm and when I click the Login button, I get the messages in the lower left corner about connecting to login server... connected to login server. Authenticating user... and then nothing. Usually if this happens, I will eventually get hit with an unexpected disconnect message and I can try logging in again, but this is not happening. The client just sits there with the buttons grayed out. I tried other realms and all are having this same issue.

Edit: I think there is just a node down or something in between me and your servers. I am able to connect through a VPN and have minimal issues (just periodic lag spikes). Same with the website.
Last edited by jabbedxorz on Feb 7, 2019, 10:58:07 AM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2019, 4:44:24 PM
Did you have the problem before? Or did it just today turn up?

If everything stayed the same on your side, then it is an 'Internet thing.' Possibly that your ISP change something. Like their DNS. If you change/update a DNS, it takes time to propagate (apply changes, let changes be known). If the routing of the DNS is bad (because it's not fully propagated yet), the connection will very likely time out.

You can test it with WinMTR. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789/page/1#p11291009

If the problem persists the next +48hrs. You could try not using your ISPs DNS, and instead use the public DNS of Google, Cloudflare, or OpenDNS. Google your internet routers handbook how to change the DNS you are using for your internet connection.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info