Game crashes all the time and has become unplayable - check your Anti-virus program !

I've played the game up until the last update without an issue. I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. I have an i7, an SSD wit hplenty of space, 64GB RAM and a video card with 4GB. The game was crashing before I updated Windows. The update did not fix the issue. I'm able to run every setting at the highest level. Changing those to lower levels defeats the purpose, and besides I've dropped to lower settings and the game still pukes itself on a regular basis. It crashes out at any time, any place. Sometimes the game completely shuts down. No error message. Other times I'll got those excellent pop up boxes about an error at such and such a line and have to call up tasks manager to kill and restart. Given I've not changed my system at all, the only change is POE updates.

I've lost whole delve levels, maps, experience, and even a set of gloves with four gems at max level once when I was in the middle of swapping gear.
I can tolerate the occasional hiccup. No software or internet connection is 100% reliable but this is ridiculous. With 4 characters in the mid 80's to 90 time and resources, not to mention the XP loss are just not sustainable. I'm guaranteed to crash in one way or another at least 2-3 times per session. What diagnostics can I set to capture errors ? I can't continue to play at this rate. I can't be the only one this is happening to.
Last edited by BowWizard on Feb 21, 2019, 10:27:52 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2019, 10:27:15 PM
Been having the exact same crap since 2016 but since this last patch I can't do ANYTHING without a crash or Unexpected Disconnection or both. I'm about to throw my PC out the damn window, even though it's definitely not my PC that's the problem (every other game I have runs JUST FINE...)
There Is No God But Kuduku And Le Toucan Is His Messenger. O Blessed St. Harambe Who Sitteth On The Right Hand Of Our Lord, Pray For Us Scrubs Now And At The Hour Of Our Shaped Maps, Amen.
Dude i just made a thread about the popups i think your talking about the thread is call wow, what does this mean GGG? But yeah the game disconnects regularly and today got those never ending okay error popups....think GGG need to really work for a whole month on server side performance so everyone that plays poe can have a great experience....
Try clearing your %temp% folder, your Minimap folder in the Path of Exile folder, and also try clearing your Nvidia Shader Cache folder located in Windows -> Temp -> Nvidia Corporation.
Last night I was able to play without an issue. Mind you I was in maps about 4 levels down from where I usually play. Maybe the patch update (yet another one) corrected something, maybe I just got lucky. If it happens again I'll try clearing the folder contents, but seriously, why does anyone have to do that ? The game should be far better than that. And when some people pay $480 USD (no I didn't) there is no excuse.
So much for the optimism. Crashed 4 times tonight and that's after I cleared every cache known to humankind. Seriously GGG what are you smoking on the land of the long white cloud ? Truly annoying and disheartening to see such a great game seem to go downhill. Not sure what is worse though - the crashes or the fact no-one at GGG seems capable of responding to the issue so far ...
Last edited by BowWizard on Feb 1, 2019, 10:19:19 PM
Same problem here, PLEASE fix this!
Misery loves company, so my grandmother said. At least we are all in the same boat. I keep hoping and I keep getting disappointed.

Oh well. Check back in a week I guess.
Another 4 crashes today, totally random. Two of those the game just disappeared completely. The other two I had to kill it using task manager in windows. The only good thing was I had completed maps or was able to get back to open portals for once. Maybe this is a new feature from GGG. There is so much content in the game but that's boring compared to the excitement of never knowing when your session will quit, taking your hard earned XP, gems, currency and what ever else you might have open at the time.

There are 13 reports of the the same or nearly the same issues in the first 3 pages of this forums. I didn't bother looking further. That's suppose to be GGG support's function. What will it take for GGG to take note - 100, 1000, 10,000 people or more trying to help and tell them there is a serious issue to fix ? I guess the few don't really matter in a pool of several hundred thousand now do they ....
Add another two to that tally tonight ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info