Shattering Steel Issue (with thorough testing)

So I wanted to establish how many projectiles shatter from the skill itself as its a bit hard to guess just by looking at the skill in action. I took my wife into pvp, and made sure I had a 100% chance to poison.

1. No supports were used for the first test, and It came out with only 3 projectiles ever hitting. (Visually it looks like it should be more)

2. We made sure no dodge, chance to evade, block etc was on her character to prevent miscalculations. I even had a 100% chance to hit to further remove any error before proceeding further.

3. Next step was to add a GMP to the mix, I was able to land 7 poisons at most further proving the max amount of projectiles is 3 from the base skill.

4. Next was to test out how fork interacted, with the above projectiles being 7, I guessed I should be able to land 14 poisons. After testing this, I was only able to land 11 at most but it was highly inconsistent.

5. The last test was to add LMP, GMP, and Fork and see if the amount changed at all. Theoretically I should be able to land 18 hits with each swing, but I was only to achieve 15. Again the numbers were highly inconsistent. I was landing anywhere from 9 - 15 a strike and 14 was the best average, and 15 was the highest amount overall.

6. To get the most projectiles to hit, a player would have to practically be on top of the enemy. This would not be very realistic for most situations and I'm a bit puzzled as to why the skill is working this badly. My only guess is, a players hit box isn't very big, so maybe with an above average hit box I would see better results.

I don't know how I could test with a bigger hit box, but I still feel like this skill is under performing.

Edit*
1/24/2019

I did another test with a bigger hit box enemy. I went and did the brine king and added the golden rule so I could poison myself to see how many projectiles were hitting the target. I started with the base amount, which is 3 projectiles and the max count I could achieve was only 3. I could only ever hit him 15 times at most when adding GMP, LMP, and Fork. I never could get to the 18 max hit count I was hoping for. I was literally inside of the brine king as well, so I have no idea why the game isn't registering 18 hits.

As another note, I noticed when you have the skill in the action bar section it even states how many projectiles you fire. The HUGE misconception with the skill is it states that 3 projectiles are being fired (this is with no supports, or additional projectiles being added) but when the skill hits a target the projectile is suppose to "shatter". When shattering, the projectile count is still only 3. If you picture a glass being dropped on the floor and it shatters and you get a huge amount of glass everywhere, and this is how I would picture shattering steel to work essentially and everyone else too I bet.

So, with all of this being said and done, Shattering Steel DOES NOT SHOTGUN. The skill is either working improperly or is being falsely advertised. It would be nice to get a GGG employee to comment on my findings.

Edit 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn6Mh3w7YuA&t=67s video link
Last edited by ZACHWILDCAT on Jan 24, 2019, 2:21:58 PM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2019, 12:16:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Just make faster projectiles work.
Lancing steel need more help in my opinion.
@OP
You are wasting your time. Both lancing and shittering steel is pure "noobtrap", just like other crap, "spectral shield throw" or skills, which started to be weak and outdated during "nerfe processes", like lacerate, burning arrow or dozens of other.

Schema is simple. Before new league introducing there is “brainstorm” in GGG. Like…
- Oh, new league is coming, we have to introduce some new skills

- Ok, lets introduce something new

- Oh, but it cant be too good either!
- Why?

- Because if it will be too good, everybody will use it and will be pissed of, they “have to” use it as a new “meta”. After 3 months we will have to nerf it (to the ground) and players will be pissed off again…

- Ok, soooo… lets introduce… just something. Something which looks promising, but overall it is garbage. “New skill” will be gloriously introduced and nobody cares it is crap, everybody will play spells and traps anyway.

- Godd idea, lets do it.

So they did it and it was obvious crap from very beginning, noticeable for every experienced player. Typical timewaster.
"
Viljan wrote:
Just make faster projectiles work.
Lancing steel need more help in my opinion.

Ya, I should of done a testing for lancing steel too. You're right though lancing steel needs much more help than shattering steel. My point still stands though on it visually appearing to be more than 3 projectiles from the shatters from only using the base skill.

It also kind of makes sense why they added that huge boost in damage the further it is away from the target. The difference in how many projectiles on average that hit a target depending on your distance is unsatisfactory. Moving a few steps away from in your "face distance" can make you miss half of your projectiles from hitting a target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info