Question on blood magic and witch

I just started using the beta, and with all these skills' pretty confused overall for now. Won't be able to figure much out until I have time to sit down and really go over the passive charts.

However, I did notice the blood magic skill, and thought it would be interesting to try with a witch. However, it seems it would be a real 'niche' role if it can even be done in the first place effectively.

I don't want minions, and the elemental paths seem sort of limited between a few active skills for ice and fire, which put's me off a little. Lightning seems sort of fun, as many are not trying it, but seems I can't find anything about a witch trying blood magic as there main build focus around.

Please help me out if this is viable at all, and what direction to start concentrating on passives, if I was able to try it. I would assume I would need alot of life regen, as well as good defenses in order to survive long enough while using my health. Mabey a combo of curses would be intriguing.

Anyways appreciate any time in helping me with this.

Sincerely,
Archyt
It is a little awkward on a witch, but it also depends on what you want. If you are planning to use int (energy shield) gear, Blood Magic is going to be bad news: you will not likely have a huge amount of health, and will be paying with it... and the constant self damage you will take by casting is going to keep your energy shield from ever regenerating. Basically, if you are focusing on energy shield blood magic is a no-no.

The only exception to that rule is, perhaps, if you are using the blood magic support to fuel a bunch of auras with health, and then build a very vast amount of energy shield to buffer that. The idea is interesting, would not require you to make your way to the blood magic keystone whatsoever (which seems to be the largest turnoff for the passive for you.) It would make chaos magic extremely deadly to you.

If you are going to use heavier armor, however, you may find a build that would allow blood magic to work well for you.
"
Kraide wrote:
and the constant self damage you will take by casting is going to keep your energy shield from ever regenerating.

This.

The game doesn't know the difference between you taking damage from a monster vs. using health to cast spells. Unless you stop casting for six seconds your energy shield will not regenerate. Makes every +int node you travel to get to spell and elemental damage bonuses a complete waste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info