Long loading times

This has been a 5 year long issue thats never resolved itself. Right now im using a very good i5 processor, gtx970, and other decent parts that should blow this game out of the water. My internet comes in at about 120 mbs so that couldn't be an issue either.

To start, the load times are terrible for me. I play with one friend on a windows 7 computer thats patched together with old parts and cat hair and another thats using his government issued work laptop to play PoE on and they both get in the zones twice as fast as me. I have PoE on a 7200 hdd but its not a bad one at all, name brand and everything. We play other games together and I'm definitely the big nerd with the better rig.

And while I'd much rather have that fixed the other issue is, well, bizarre. When I first load the game I need to give it maybe 5 minutes to finish giving me all the assets. I'll either play around on the passive skill tree or go do something else. Today I tried to play after only a minute and everything worked fine until I got attacked by a yellow box on the ground which ended up being a unique enemy. It was pretty funny but the usual situation is my game stalls for 5 seconds while the yellow box kills me. Its like the game assumes I'm using dial up internet and doesn't want to send me info too quickly when I first log in.

Oh, and not only have I reinstalled PoE several times over the years but this issue has transcended through two completely separate desktop computers. I've always used it on the steam client.
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2019, 10:10:17 AM
Bump to this?
if you friend have an old windows 7 pc but is using as SSD disc, he will out perform you easy on load times.
You will need to get a SSD to fix your loading time.

It can also be something like your antivirus system or that your pc is infected.

Are you sure that your drivers / firmware is up to date.

My old game pc was with 2 * 10K raptor disc in raid-1 and when I change to a Samsung 940 SSD it was like a got a rocket under PoE. Sometimes I load zones faster then the host even though he is on a local US gateway and I am from EU.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Feb 15, 2019, 9:59:12 AM
"
Omgawd wrote:
I have PoE on a 7200 hdd

buy a 250gb SSD eg WD 250GB Blue 3D NAND for ~50 USD.

Enough space for your OS and 3-4 games, including POE. Leave 20-25% space free for performance reasons.

Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Feb 15, 2019, 12:46:08 PM
running a hdd, defragmenting the disk might help.

also, disks get substantially slower if win detects errors in the filesystem. run scandisk to check for errors.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info