STASH ITEMS GONE AFTER DELETING CHARACTERS...

Hi, today when i logged on i decided to start again for various reasons. So i deleted the 3 characters i had & proceeded to make a new one, a witch. Well, when i got her to the first general area & went to my Stash to see what i could use at her lvl i was shocked to discover 90% of the items i had collected were GONE. The first thing i did (once i calmed down, lol) was to come here to the forums & check to see if in fact the items actually stay in the Stash once you delete all chars on your account. I have seen that yes in fact they do stay in the Stash & i also remembered that there were a few items left in it. The items left were armor, weapons & things that had not been identified yet due to lack of scrolls. I also realized ALL the items that were gone were things like all the different orbs i had collected & all of the crystals & flasks i had been collecting. Now i think thats a big coincidence to begin with but i also have a theory or suspicion on what might have happened & here it is. I had noticed over the last week that almost anytime i went to my stash & other "new" players went to the stash that after a few seconds another player from out of nowhere it seemed would run over to the stash also & would usually only stay as long as the other player was accessing their stash. So i started strpping away from the stash as soon as i saw someone run up to it & by "coincidence" the player that rushed up to it after i did wouldnt stay at the stash after i left. Also i started looking at the names of the players that would run up to the stash & it seemed to be the same small group of players doing this each time. So what im getting at is....have other players found a way to access our stash when we open it or is this just one huge coincidence?

Either way it still doesnt explain the fact that my stash has been pretty much cleaned out & i still do not know why or how it has happened. I am a new player & wasnt sure what to do about this or where in the Forums i should post it. I would appreciate any feedback from players & developers alike.....basically anyone who can help me figure this out. Thank you in advance for the help...
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2019, 3:56:13 PM
So first question: How long were you gone for before you came back to PoE?

Also, what you are talking about is when you are in a public waypoint / city.
You don't have to be there at all, you can just go to your Hideout to access your Stash.
I have access my stash in these cities several times and I have lots of gear in my stash and have never lost anything.

Did you play SSF before (the 3 deleted chars?) and forgot to migrate this to standard?

However if you are 100% sure you had what you said in your stash, then it sounds like you got hacked. If you are using the stand-alone client and didn't tell GGG to disable security checks on your account, this means that he hacker have to have access to both your GGG account AND your e-mail account since an e-mail are sent to your e-mail account with a unlock code when you access PoE from a new ip.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
So first question: How long were you gone for before you came back to PoE?

Also, what you are talking about is when you are in a public waypoint / city.
You don't have to be there at all, you can just go to your Hideout to access your Stash.
I have access my stash in these cities several times and I have lots of gear in my stash and have never lost anything.

Did you play SSF before (the 3 deleted chars?) and forgot to migrate this to standard?

However if you are 100% sure you had what you said in your stash, then it sounds like you got hacked. If you are using the stand-alone client and didn't tell GGG to disable security checks on your account, this means that he hacker have to have access to both your GGG account AND your e-mail account since an e-mail are sent to your e-mail account with a unlock code when you access PoE from a new ip.

So first answer is again a question: What do you mean by how long was i gone for? I logged in this afternoon after logging out less than 12 hours previously & deleted the 3 characters i had made. All 3 characters were made within a week ago. An thanks i didnt know i could access my stash from a hideout & as soon as i get a hideout ill access from there only. Im still working on the Syndicate thing, so i havent gotten my hideout yet.

An i had only tried playing PoE 2 times previously & both times were for less than 5 minutes each, i didnt like it then but i really do like it now. But the characters i had then are long gone. The 3 i deleted were no older than a week at most. An yes i am 100% sure i had the items im reffering to. There was an assortment of as far as i know at least 1-3 of each orb, also the Armourer's Scrap, Blacksmith's Whetstone, Silver Coins & an assortment of different sized flasks & also an assortment of skill gems & support gems. Im new so i dont know what i need & dont need so i was saving alot of things. Id guess that there was probably over 25 different items at least that were bone. I am sure they were there, you dont imagine that many things & you definatly notice when ALL of them are gone, yet all the armor i had (because i didnt have enough scrolls of wisdom to identify all & didnt wanna sell them yet) or most of it was still there.

Now the last part i dont understand though, what do you mean by stand alone client? If you mean what i think, yes, im running the game myself, not through Steam. But i dont understand what you mean by migrate or telling GGG. Im sorry as i said im new & i dont even know what GGG is. But yes i do agree, i was probably hacked. As i said in the original post, i think/thought it might have had something to do with the other players.

I hope my answers helped & please let me know what other info you need from me & ty for your response...
"
Wyldstorm wrote:

So first answer is again a question: What do you mean by how long was i gone for? I logged in this afternoon after logging out less than 12 hours previously & deleted the 3 characters i had made. All 3 characters were made within a week ago. An thanks i didnt know i could access my stash from a hideout & as soon as i get a hideout ill access from there only. Im still working on the Syndicate thing, so i havent gotten my hideout yet.

An i had only tried playing PoE 2 times previously & both times were for less than 5 minutes each, i didnt like it then but i really do like it now. But the characters i had then are long gone. The 3 i deleted were no older than a week at most. An yes i am 100% sure i had the items im reffering to. There was an assortment of as far as i know at least 1-3 of each orb, also the Armourer's Scrap, Blacksmith's Whetstone, Silver Coins & an assortment of different sized flasks & also an assortment of skill gems & support gems. Im new so i dont know what i need & dont need so i was saving alot of things. Id guess that there was probably over 25 different items at least that were bone. I am sure they were there, you dont imagine that many things & you definatly notice when ALL of them are gone, yet all the armor i had (because i didnt have enough scrolls of wisdom to identify all & didnt wanna sell them yet) or most of it was still there.

Now the last part i dont understand though, what do you mean by stand alone client? If you mean what i think, yes, im running the game myself, not through Steam. But i dont understand what you mean by migrate or telling GGG. Im sorry as i said im new & i dont even know what GGG is. But yes i do agree, i was probably hacked. As i said in the original post, i think/thought it might have had something to do with the other players.

I hope my answers helped & please let me know what other info you need from me & ty for your response...

Do you have any current characters in any league at all? The profile linked to the account that you are posting from has no current characters.

Did you create characters in the Betrayal league or in Standard league or both?

Other players in town cannot interfere with your stash at all. It is highly unlikely that you have been hacked either, unless someone has access to the email account that you have linked to your Path of Exile account.

GGG is Grinding Gear Games, the creators of Path of Exile.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Last edited by xjjanie on Jan 7, 2019, 5:41:25 AM
well then you have to write an e-mail to GGG support and ask for a restore of the 3 chars you deleted (this is possible) and see if your stash is complete again.
I've sent you a PM regarding this now Wyldstorm! :)

HanSoloDK is right though, we can look into undeleting characters. Just send us an email at support@grindinggear.com with the character's name and class/ascendancy and we'll look into it.
"
xjjanie wrote:
"
Wyldstorm wrote:

Do you have any current characters in any league at all? The profile linked to the account that you are posting from has no current characters.

Did you create characters in the Betrayal league or in Standard league or both?

Other players in town cannot interfere with your stash at all. It is highly unlikely that you have been hacked either, unless someone has access to the email account that you have linked to your Path of Exile account.

GGG is Grinding Gear Games, the creators of Path of Exile.

As of last night i have 3 in the Betrayal League & thats all. At the time you looked at the profile it was in between my having zero chars & it recognising i made new ones, it said it takes a lil bit for it to recognise & show the new chars on accounts. Well my email or something has been hacked recently because i got an email from Steam & 2 other sites saying someone in Korea & one in India tried to create accounts/log into my accounts. But something did happen to my stuff i had in the Stash but you know what, its ok. Im sure whatever happened was my fault & im sorry to have wasted your time , but i really do appreciate the help youve given me. I learned some new things & will be alot more careful from now on. An no i dont want to undelete the chars i deleted, i had never wanted them undeleted, but ty again for asking. I will reply to your PM...
ggg being able to undelete chars is good news, actually
Oh yes, dont get me wrong, i cant remember the number of times i deleted a character & either forgot something important on them or just plain regreted it & changed my mind. Its awesome, no other game ive played (that i know of) has been willing or able to retrieve/revive deleted characters...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info