[3.5] Sleeper Orb Assassin (A magic find, 220% ms mapping build)

Im shit at build guides so here we go:

Want a fast build that plays the game for you?
Clear elder t16 8mod fully sextant beyond maps while wearing full magic find gear?
Want to get asked why assassin over elementalist every time youre in a party?

Pros:
Full quant magic find
Fast
Simple and fast
Flashy and a crit build (shatters)
Can do any map mods
Very Cheap
Fast

Cons:
Not the tankiest, but with MoM and 5k hp // 1.5k Unreserved mana it feels good
Only leech is on boots, no leech while single target (so bosses that dont spawn adds are a bit of a scare)(can be fixed with a warlord's ring)
Good weapons can get a bit expensive (but thats with all builds!)

Then this build might be for you!

My gear:
Spoiler

The only items that i would say is mandatory is the inpulsa's (although it really isnt to play the build, it just is a quality of life that makes clearing 10x better imo)

Links:
Spoiler

They genuinly don't matter but your biggest damage gem is controlled destruction. you can then use quality of life supports such as faster casting (which i use while i am solo, but when i play with a support i swap it for a damage gem, as the cast speed they give is enough to map fluently)

Gmp is another one thats pretty much a must while mapping, as well as increased duration. they are alot of quality of life that add a really good feel to the build.

Gear Explanation:
Spoiler

Weapons:

You honestly can craft these relativly cheap. within about 6ex each i crafted both of these. Just alt spam for tier 1 elemental as chaos, 16% or above, regal and annul (and when it breaks repeat) multimod and grab the juicy crafts that you can do this league.

Here is how i crafted these.
base: 40%elemental damage ilvl85 shaped scepter (2ex)

crafting materials: about 400 alts, 8 regals, 8 harbinger orbs (1ex)

Crafts: Multi mod(2ex), Double damage(1ex), x2 dmg w/focus(divine) others (4c 8vall) crafts toal (3.1ex) (tip:can cost more/less depending on how lucky you get here of course!)

ENTIRE COST: 6.1ex each x2 (both of them :D) 12ex total cost for some insane weapons.

Reason i didnt go with daggers is becuase as assassin you are nearly always crit capped anyways (95% crit chance) so i decided the elemental damage would be better, it might not be on paper or whatever but i choose sceptres! :D
edit: I have decided to go back to daggers, currently in the middle of crafting some. will share once crafted. Turns out not completly crit capped without daggers, so can still die in ele reflect maps. Although assassins mark would probably prevent this, i prefer to just alch, vaal and map. So something like ele reflect plus hexproof would fuck me. so i will go back to daggers!

Helmet:

So the main drawback of this build is the lack of single target. Which is why i use a blade vortex as a single target skill. A helmet with socketed gems are supported by "x" is a huge helper to your single target skill. Its a 6L basically, and since there are no helms with quantity, rares are our best option.

Amulet:

So the reason i wear this is because it gives the mod "gain shaper's pressence when you kill a rare or unique" and what that buff does is that it makes all debuffs (positive and negative) last 33% longer. Meaning winterorb stages stay longer, and feels better :D as well as a free temp chains is always nice!

Not required at all but the buff is just the cherry on top. You can easily replace this item with a rare amulet, that gives quant (up to 10) or just whatever you want to wear around your neck!

Rings:

Quant. Replacements are just rares with res // life // mana // whatever

Gloves:

Quant. Replace with rares that give res // life // mana // whatever

Boots:

Quant! Replace with rares that give movement speed // res // life // mana // whatever The enchant is nesecarry unless you turn off temp chains and run a curse on hit warlords. But honestly just get the enchant, either on Goldwyrms or another pair of boots with (yep movementspeed / res / life / whatever)

Belt:

Quant, alot of good corruption implicits, my favorite being movement speed
relace with a nice stygian that has life res whatever

No explination for Headhunter. not needed but its definitely a beast of an item :D.

Flasks:

Dyingsun is by no means required but it is a really good item for the build. the projectiles and the area are super nice.
Atziri promise is just good for anybuild.
Movement speed quicksilver / with another mod of your choosing.

Chest:

The clear you get with this item is just top notch. i love it. By no means do you need the corruption implicit that mine has, but i just got lucky.

Jewels: Alot of res is needed on jewels because we wear so many unique items. Try to get life and mana and then some damage mods where you can.

Tree / Pob:

Why assassin:
Spoiler

I like being able to run any map mods, (and assassin lets you do that through the "cannot take reflected damage from crits")
As well as a decent amount of movement speed from ascendancy.
I like the feel of assassin :D
Last edited by DaHigherPower on Jan 3, 2019, 3:17:40 AM
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2019, 7:30:47 PM
Hi! I like the build, and the concept of being able to play with magic find gear. I'm new-ish to PoE (betray is the first league i'm playing), so I'd like to have a character that can do everything just by swapping gear instead of having many characters for each purpose. My questions is : can it do other content like bosses (shaper, elder, atziri and all that other stuff) if you swap out the magic find gear for tankier stuff? If yes, what is some gear you'd recommend for that? And are there alternatives for the weapons? like some not too expensive uniques that would work well until you can get good crafted daggers? My idea would be start with some generic gear and upgrade as i get more currency, first into normal gear, then into magic find stuff after i have good non MF gear and more levels.
"
deps11 wrote:
Hi! I like the build, and the concept of being able to play with magic find gear. I'm new-ish to PoE (betray is the first league i'm playing), so I'd like to have a character that can do everything just by swapping gear instead of having many characters for each purpose. My questions is : can it do other content like bosses (shaper, elder, atziri and all that other stuff) if you swap out the magic find gear for tankier stuff? If yes, what is some gear you'd recommend for that? And are there alternatives for the weapons? like some not too expensive uniques that would work well until you can get good crafted daggers? My idea would be start with some generic gear and upgrade as i get more currency, first into normal gear, then into magic find stuff after i have good non MF gear and more levels.

Yes this build can forsure do the end game content, but i would not do it while using winterorb, as its single target is a joke compared to just using blade vortex. As well, you will need a reliable source of leech if doing the endgame bosses, using warlord's hit on a ring is the easiest option. Or an orb of storms curse on hit warlords, will do the trick if the have the open gem slots (which you easily should)

As for replacement gear, just replace anything that is magic find with items that give you life/mana/res. Being a spell caster there is very little armour that actually gives us damage so we want to use our armour slots the best we can to make up for res's.

And weapon replacements you could probably use Divinarius daggers, although just rare daggers with spell crit and global crit multi will most likely be better
great, thanks! i'll start this build soon. What would you recommend getting first, the 6-link inpulsa (i'd be working with a tabula until i get that), or getting good daggers?
"
deps11 wrote:
great, thanks! i'll start this build soon. What would you recommend getting first, the 6-link inpulsa (i'd be working with a tabula until i get that), or getting good daggers?

definetly some decent daggers. doesnt even have to be daggers. you can get some cheap 1 hands (sceptres / daggers / even wands) with good damage mods. spell crit crit multi / spell damage anything really. for pretty cheap

inpulsa's is only going to make the build feel good whenever you are able to constantly kill things fast, and you cant do that with shit weapons! haha gl man
hey ! sounds like a nice build
can you add any video for some visual?
Good build, but the 220 ms is almost bs. Using flask + onslaught + phase run, any build can achieve the 220 ms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info