[3.5] Vulpix0r's Shattering Steel Champion build guide, newbie friendly

"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Slower Projectiles on our links for some reason makes our "swing" slower and the projectiles taking a bit longer to reach the full distance, but it's really negligible for the amount of damage the gem gives. PROJECTILE SPEED DOES NOT MODIFY THE SKILL'S RANGE.

Maybe because you use Vicious projectiles that reduce projectile based skills attack speed and not slower projectiles gem that reduces the travel speed of the projectiles?

Vicious Projectiles is due its less atk speed mod barely worth the dps gain due to its clunkyness in my opinion. Same as on my beloved ranged builds I never use that gem.

Btw: This is the best Guide I have read and I play since beta.
You make a good, short explanation of mechanics. The colours are well used to make everything understandable on first sight without beeing too overwhelming. The structure is done well. The poe planner links are nice for people who dont use that paste.bin stuff.
That leveling and gem-grabbing walkthrough is effective and good readable. Not like others that either post an excel spreadsheet or a 2 site wall of text ^^.
Overall I enjoyed reading it!

Thanks for the guide / the videos!
http://i.imgur.com/TF8Auam.jpg
"
Almornik wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Slower Projectiles on our links for some reason makes our "swing" slower and the projectiles taking a bit longer to reach the full distance, but it's really negligible for the amount of damage the gem gives. PROJECTILE SPEED DOES NOT MODIFY THE SKILL'S RANGE.

Maybe because you use Vicious projectiles that reduce projectile based skills attack speed and not slower projectiles gem that reduces the travel speed of the projectiles?

Vicious Projectiles is due its less atk speed mod barely worth the dps gain due to its clunkyness in my opinion. Same as on my beloved ranged builds I never use that gem.

Btw: This is the best Guide I have read and I play since beta.
You make a good, short explanation of mechanics. The colours are well used to make everything understandable on first sight without beeing too overwhelming. The structure is done well. The poe planner links are nice for people who dont use that paste.bin stuff.
That leveling and gem-grabbing walkthrough is effective and good readable. Not like others that either post an excel spreadsheet or a 2 site wall of text ^^.
Overall I enjoyed reading it!

Thanks for the guide / the videos!

Thanks for the comments! Thankfully Vicious has a lesser drawback Vs Slower Projectiles, I would still recommend Vicious, but Slower is still an option for those who want to put up with the downside.

Actually Slower Projectiles has a significant effect on your swing speed not slow speed for some strange reason, while tolerable, it's probably not a very good link in the long run.
Updated guide with gear recommendations, jewels. Also updated my own gear and POB. Added a mino video, it's pretty laggy unfortunately...
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Dec 31, 2018, 9:46:05 AM
Hc viable?
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Updated guide with gear recommendations, jewels. Also updated my own gear and POB. Added a mino video, it's pretty laggy unfortunately...

Thanks very much, happy new year!
"
Fullmetalpwn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Thanks very much, happy new year!

Thanks, happy new year to you too.
Before this season, I bet the Shattering Steel will be a great skill. I've tried with a Deadeye and a Champion, and finally, the Deadeye weaponed with a Beltimber and a Grelwood killed the Uber Elder (quite easy without the odd Fork)...

And then I notice that shotgunning, and I've changed to dual Beltimber and replaced the GMP with Fork, now my blade is thirsty!!!

P.S. Slower Projectiles do slow down the swing speed, I choose the Vicious Projectile.
Last edited by nonoroazoro on Jan 3, 2019, 3:38:16 AM
Hello Vulpixor,
Why use beltimber instead of grelwood? Grelwood seems better or is it because of the sword expensive price on poetrade?

Btw, thanks for the guide ! :D
"
sudir1 wrote:
Hello Vulpixor,
Why use beltimber instead of grelwood? Grelwood seems better or is it because of the sword expensive price on poetrade?

Btw, thanks for the guide ! :D

It's expensive, requires you to get hit to get the additional projectiles.
Hey, thanks for the build. Couple of questions if you don't mind. Price aside, would Grelwood be better than Beltimber? I mean, you will always be "hit recently" vs anything that matters and this seems better to me than having to use your mobility skill every 4 secs. Also, what do you think about a scion champ/slayer or champ/jugg instead of pure champ? Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info