Weird Sound Stuttering/Cuts whenever you go near a waterfall or any water current.

I don't know if it's just on my end, or anyone else is having this issue, but sometimes, when you are in a city or a map where water currents (city water canals, waterfalls,etc) are present, the sound effect of the water either cuts and starts or just goes haywire and starts like looping until it breaks all sound effects.

Bugs that happened to me:

My character sounds are gone.
My character sounds are like at 5% volume.
My character sounds goes like 200% volume.
My character sounds start to stutter or loop.

Hope you can check this out in the future guys. Thank you :)
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 9:51:52 PM
You're not the only one having this issue.

The first time I encountered this (about 2 weeks ago), it was especially noticeable in the west corner of Act 8 Sarn Encampment. When I ran back and forth on the dock, the game kept toggling various sources of water sounds. They didn't have a smooth fade in or fade out, so I kept hearing sound sources start and stop abruptly. When I was standing still, I could definitely hear water sounds stuttering for half a second in fairly regular intervals.

The second time was in Act 8 Lunaris Temple, just today. I didn't know if it was looping, but the ambient water sounds were fairly loud considering I didn't see much in the way of rushing water. The regular-interval stuttering was very clear.

Both times, after the water sounds bugged for a while, I would notice a lot of quiet or missing sounds. Item drop and skill effect sounds would play roughly 5% of the time they were triggered. (Edit: I didn't encounter skill gem leveling very frequently, but the handful of times they did they were silent.)

From what I can tell:
- Seems to happen after playing for prolonged time in water-containing areas or AFK-ing near waterfalls, sewer outlets, etc.
- Very likely triggered or exacerbated by water sound effects, though they may not necessarily be the only cause.
- Impacts the game client until exiting and re-opening. Re-logging or changing characters alone are not enough, which eliminates some types of possible causes.

I'll continue to provide information if I run into anything more. For now, I tried increasing the maximum number of sound channels in case that might delay the onset of the problem.

(Edit 2: I just walked by the Act 8 Sarn Encampment west corner sewer outlet. It sounds like someone using a power grinder, and I can hear it from my stash.)
Participant in race seasons 3/5/7, Legacy HC, Harbinger HC, and Betrayal leagues. I primarily play homebrews.
Last edited by FailsWithTails on Jan 3, 2019, 4:12:05 AM
Somebody else mentioned it in a post I replied to shortly before this one.

They're one and the same with the coincidence of the impact sounds of Molten Strike probably in a similar area where ranging sounds trigger as you get close to them.

It happens to me- very occasionally and only in sewer type maps. And I am not doing any action to trigger it off.
Hey,

Thanks for the reports. To help us with reproducing this on our end please let us know some of the in-game settings you're using like some of your sound settings: channel count, if you have reverb enabled, and if changing any of these settings affects the problem. Also doing /debug and letting us know the bug ID may help us narrow it down too.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
This is happening to me with a pair of Sennheiser "Game Zero" headphones. Here's my audio settings from the production_Config.ini:

[SOUND]
ambient_sound_volume2=50
channel_count=medium
chat_alert_sound_volume=50
dialogue_sound_volume2=330
item_filter_sound_volume2=50
master_volume2=100
music_volume2=50
mute_in_background=false
reverb_enabled2=true
sound_effects_volume2=50

I can send a dxdiag if requested.