[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

"
rahsaan wrote:
As for my videos, do not be afraid :D I do them because I like that, and also to prove that this build is not theorycrafting but that it actually works.

I am afraid, because my last char was an Ed/cont trickster which was pretty tanky with max dodge and high eva but couldn't do any single target damage unfortunately. Map clearing was fun and quick however bossing stress was not:(

Now I found your build and it's pretty exciting for me to play blade flurry, because of all this Iai samurai concept (DMC Vergil in my case) and good single target :) I just don't want to hit a wall when starting red maps.

I know that you understand my concern because you like the concept too and don't want it to fail and more importantly you would like to manage all content with a single focused build.

Oh, you were talking about the increases and decreases in life, ok.
Sure, it can be an emotional rollar-coaster.
For the videos, I like to put myself in difficult situations and show the most stressful moments. Otherwise, that would be boring :D
But this build is tankier than it seems, I'll try to show that in my next videos.

A fellow player gave me several ideas to improve the build. Thx to him !

1) "For Ascendancy, go Unstable Infusion and Deadly Infusion instead of Noxious Strike and Toxic Delivery. You can also take Disciple of the Forbidden notable for even more damage per power charge."
--> From my calculations, DPS is roughly the same in both cases : 20 poisons or 5 power charges + Disciple of the Forbidden. It's probably faster to ramp up dmg with power charges, but you lose some life regen from poison, which is not negligible.

2) "Get instant life flask, it is very good it will save you a lot."

3) "You can use Intuitive Leap Unique jewel in Ranger socket to skip small passive and get thing like Survivalist and Hearthseeker : max cold res and crit multi!"

4) "Get some Onslaught on kill on Abyss jewel"

5) "Blood rage with 20% quality give 20% attack speed + free frenzy charge while clearing."

6) "Use Infused Channelling support on main instead of Attack speed support, it inc all damage so it will inc chaos also. Or use Withering Touch as you go full phys as extra chaos dmg."

7) "My other suggest is to go Impale. I think it's possible with the new cluster jewel so you can get 100% impale without going around the duelist area passive. But you will have to go full phys without chaos."
--> Impale support (40%) + Dread Banner (20%) + Deep Cuts jewel notable (15%) + Vicious Skewering (10%) = 85% chance to Impale.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Mar 22, 2020, 5:47:36 AM
Do you think second wind support will be useful with withering steps or is it too much?
I am trying to fit arcane cloak somewhere but looks hard.
Haven't tested Second Wind yet. I'll tell you.
Arcane Cloak, I'm not sure about it. Gotta try it a bit more.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
"
Cruonit wrote:
I just don't want to hit a wall when starting red maps.

I have started red maps, and I can feel that wall again. Didn't think I would after all these years in the game. But it's still there.
Just reached level 90 and I didn't die too much these last days, but those Baran boys hurt a lot.

Here is my current stuff :

Left dagger is 1ex (too expensive), right one is 30c (very cheap) :

The rolls are very good on this Perfidy : .

Chaos res on stuff, now I have +20%. I shouldn't suffer too much against Al-Hezmin and his snakes. Avoid ailment on the helmet is nice too, could get the same mod on gloves.

Anointment on the amulet needs to be changed : I'll get either a fat mana node or Twin Terrors (best DPS according to PoB)

+70 life or more on every piece is mandatory. Got 5.2k life now.
As you can see, there's none of the BiS uniques : Starkonja, Shaper's gloves, Ryslatha's belt.

PoB : https://pastebin.com/G0PHcR77

I can feel my DPS is lacking in red maps. I need Lion's Roar flask, probably a better dagger and a 6L Perfidy.

Here is a new video. A beach map when I run like hell to reach the boss before timer ends.
Note this was made some days ago, before patch 3.10e, when Delirium was much more deadly.

Hope you enjoy a good rush of...

PoB : https://pastebin.com/G0PHcR77
#5 : Adrenaline

Last edited by rahsaan on Mar 24, 2020, 5:56:08 AM
I have made it to level 91.
A 5L Perfidy wasn't enough for red maps, so before I get the 5ex for a 6L, I bought a rare 6L with lot of life :

60c

I have levelled in t11-12 maps. I've done no tricky boss, no Breach, no Delirium... A bit frustrating but it's better to level slowly without dying.
Sand Stance all the time + Enduring Cry.

Also, after a lot of hesitation, I've found a way to use the cluster jewels.
Best configuration I've found so far :

- A medium cluster jewel with only 4 passives
- Notable passive : Overwhelming Malice : 10% chance to get Unholy Might on crit.
+ jewel socket with a rare jewel.

Practically speaking, we have Unholy Might all the time, so we can avoid using Sin's Rebirth flask. Instead, we can use a Sulphur flask with anti-curse.

There are other notable worth using on medium clusters, in particular those for Channelling skills.
Last edited by rahsaan on Mar 24, 2020, 10:44:46 AM
Hi, I have spell dodge and survivalist cluster now. After putting a green nightmare under survivalist I can have 75/50 dodge during elusive.
What are your thoughts about alocating tenacity on amulet? We already have more than %150 increase to life on tree, with belly of the beast and some equipment it will go past %200, which means tenacity grants %60+ increased dmg.
I couldn't edit amulet on PoB so not sure about how much dps it will be.
What are your thoughts?
Green Nightmare + Survivalist cluster + Phase Acro = very good :)

Here is how to edit the Amulet or any item :

Spoiler

Write "Allocates Tenacity"

Also, at the bottom of the tree, check the "Show Node power" box, it will highlight the best notables in red : the brighter, the stronger.
Can be Tenacity, Twin Terrors, Ambidexterity, Disemboweling etc. depending on your exact build.

After some theorycrafting, here is an exemple of an optimized cluster tree for 22 pts :

With Curse immunity w/ channelling + 10% power charges + 10% Unholy Might + 40% stun avoid + life, I think it is really worth it.
This is theory though, an ideal config with +life on all small passives.

Complete tree :
Spoiler
Last edited by rahsaan on Mar 25, 2020, 11:24:30 AM
Thank you very much. This is an essential information for me.

Right now I am at level 65, just finished cruel lab and started act 10.
I am running with Bino's, taproot and carnage heart. Amulet feels good, resist+ inc dmg while leeching. How should I proceed? I already have an aul's with hatred mod, don't know if I will feel a difference.
What do you suggest for daggers? For example there is one with 1.8aps and 350dps for 3ex. Is it worth it, good for endgame or should I invest more for higher stakes?
"
Cruonit wrote:
I already have an aul's with hatred mod, don't know if I will feel a difference.
What do you suggest for daggers? For example there is one with 1.8aps and 350dps for 3ex. Is it worth it, good for endgame or should I invest more for higher stakes?

Yes an Aul/Hatred amulet, or phys as extra cold dmg on a rare is good too. You just need some cold dmg to freeze Porcupines.

1.8/350 Dagger for 3ex yes, good price and suitable for endgame.

- Your stuff is very good for endgame already
- Whirling Blades need to be linked with Faster attacks, not Faster casting.
- Flasks : Lion's Roar, Atziri's Promise, Sin's Rebirth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info