[3.5] Dexinstraw's Storm Brand Occultist - Power Charges and CI (WIP)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome, Exiles, to my STORM BRAND OCCULTIST POWER CHARGED DUAL VOID BATTERY CHAOS INNOCULATION build.
Disclaimer

^ That is my plan with that build, I will throw the idea and some information on your face and you play if you want.
If you do, share your experience, info and opinions in that thread. :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A D V A N T A G E S/D I S A D V A N T A G E S

+DO YOU EVEN CRIT? NOW U WILL

-not beginner or SSF-friendly. ;-;

A S C E N D A N C Y

Occultist

1. Forbidden Power.

The best thing in this node is the new way of generating power charges without needing Power Charge on Critical support gem and, of course, one more maximum power charges. This one first.

2. Profane Bloom.

Now our curses apply to Hexproof enemies and the best part: now we have a little Inpulsa's Broken Heart to clear entire packs faster.

3/4. Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion.

These ones are for the Chaos Innoculation node later in the game. We will receive so much Energy Shield as so much good new ES safer interactions.

S K I L L G E M S
Storm Brand, 6L
WORK IN PROGRESS.

Concentrated Effect can be used before you can have an Chain gem.

-Controlled Destruction:
OMG!1 This will reduce our crit chance by 100%, are you trolling me, bro? No.
Controlled Destruction cannot lower the critical strike chance of a spell below 5%, and we will increased crit chance so much that this 100% reduction will be something trivial. >:D

-Chain:
Will make the beams of Storm Brand chain more two times, increasing clear wave.

-Lightining Penetration:
Pen their res.

-Added Lightning Damage:
Moar lightning damage.

-Power Charge on Crit:
Even after Forbidden Power, this gem is very powerful because supported Skills deal 4% more Damage per Power Charge, and with 7 power charge in act 5, we have 28 solid increased damage. Probably will be replaced.

Brand Recall
Brand Recall + Arcane Surge (Low Level to proc with one conjuration of Brand Recall)
-Arcane Surge: Increase spell damage and cast speed, essential for us.

Flame Dash/Mov. Skill
Flame Dash+Faster Casting

S K I L L T R E E S

Take care, following these trees will make you powerful, but squishie. If you want more defensiveness, pick every life nodes you see.

24 points

Runebinder: Increase the Single Target.

44 points
Just pick instability if you have Power Charge on crit linked to Storm Brand. And pick: Spell Damage per power charge.

Now rush Runesmith, gaining one more Brand and much more damage.

Moar Power charges

Now moar power charges. >:D

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/XacAg7kQ

Last edited by dexinstraw on Dec 19, 2018, 8:38:31 PM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2019, 9:59:46 PM
where the gear at meyn

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/jzw5q9.jpg[/IMG]

Hello :3
Did something like this, just made some adjustments.

Using a shavs w/presence of chayula and dual-wielding void batteries. I did not go C.I. - instead went low life by using blood magic with discipline. This lets you get pain attunement.

You can get 18% chance for stormbrand to chain enchantment, which lets you get more dps by not having to use the chain gem.

I have 8.5k es and 5k tooltip. I have 9 powercharges and when charged up have 15k dps. Did elder super easy on yellow maps so far. Clear red maps very well.

If I had a watcher's eye that gave ES on hit the build would be close to perfect! Will be my league starter since I cleared many early maps b4 getting a shavs or void batteries. Possible higher dps if you used a shimmeron, might try if i get ES on hit while affected by discipline watcher's eye
🐢

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info