playing poe and studying coding is it a good idea?

Hi soooo i just built a new pc since my last one got wrecked, i played and finished the legacy league before with flying colors and i was wandering and thinking about coming back to the game, any of you guys recommend this idea? or should i just focus and be mentally jacked on trying to learn how to code? Thanks.
<3
Last bumped on Dec 21, 2018, 7:40:01 PM
Hard to say without knowing your living situation and your gaming tendency. If you're able to do a few hours of coding exercises, experiments, etc. and still be able to play PoE for an amount of time you deem satisfying, then of course you can do both. Once you feel the need to do a large project that asks for all your spare time, then your gaming may go on the wayside. (But hey, you might be single, without a job, and living off a trust fund, allowing you to code for eight hours and game for eight more - we don't know!)
Depends on how serious you are about coding. If you really want to learn, you'll have to make time, and sometimes that means spending less time doing other things.

"10,000 hours to mastery" is a good premise.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
yeah thanks, i was thinking about that, right now, im trying to get the hang of trying to be immersed with it not getting bored, its fun and cool, im not really expecting too much excitement for now since im just a newbie about it lol but i guess something will happen eventually, i just decided to play poe lol but i might not finish the league that well, but i'l experience it :) might get lucky still but who knows il just play and code some stuff, thanks for the reply.
<3
Every time you level your character and put a point into the passive tree, take time to do a study session on coding. As you progress your character and leveling gets harder, study for longer periods of time and try to solve more complex problems. This is what i do with games like civ 6, and poe. Make sure to time yourself on how long it took you to level your character, so you can use an equal, or a specific set ratio of play:study time that makes you comfortable. It doesn't need to be 100% exact and set in stone on how you do this, just try to have fun and really learn.
Last edited by RogueSentry1 on Dec 21, 2018, 7:44:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info