DCs and packet losses

Hello. I've been struggling with random disconnections in PoE since I started playing back in 2.0 and finally brought myself to report this issue. Recently I ran a traceroute and ping test for "fra.login.pathofexile.com", where I usually play and have the lowest latency; using WinMTR and I've noticed packet loss at host "bbr01.eq01.ams01.networklayer.com"

Here are the full test results: https://pastebin.com/jnf0raza

Also for clarity: I had three different ISPs, dozens of different modem routers and tried playing on other servers with relatively low latency, but the disconnections were always present.
Last edited by NoNick1337 on Dec 18, 2018, 6:13:32 AM
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2018, 8:21:22 AM
I have the same problem. I have less dc since i use x64 exe and i dissabled post processing. But I still get one dc per hour/two hours.
also i lose some packets on one of ggg servers (about1%). I am changing provider in next months and i hope it will help.
I tried different graphical options, but the disconnections always persisted. Switching networking modes didn't help too.
I've disabled Windows 10's Full Screen Optimizations, but that didn't seem to help either.
I was thinking about contacting my ISP about the packet loss issue, but if I'm not the only one who experiences this problem then it's seems to be on GGG's side.
I would really appreciate if someone from official support could reply and make a statement on this situation.
I have contacted GGG support directly and received an automated answer.

"Unfortunately we are unable to offer technical support currently, due to limited staff resources. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

---useless links to other threads---

"We will be offering technical support again in February 2019, please feel free to contact us again then if you continue to encounter any issues with Path of Exile."

I'm guessing they're busy with new MTXs.
nah they just have no staff on over xmas. I have the same problem and have just given up. you can try running through a vpn and that may help.
"
nah they just have no staff on over xmas. I have the same problem and have just given up. you can try running through a vpn and that may help.

I didn't think about that. Thanks for the suggestion.
So I gave VPN a try and it did work. Not a single packet loss. Here are WinMTR results using TunnelBear VPN: https://pastebin.com/m7770pnP

Latency isn't really affected. The small 119 ms jump isn't noticeable while playing.

It's only a temporary solution, but better this than nothing.
TunnelBear also offers free 1.5GB per month which is nice.
Me and my german friends got the same problems. It always existed to some extent but this league it's horrible.. Saying they got no staff over holidays is a poor excuse. The problems are huge since the start of december.
Last edited by Solananda on Dec 31, 2018, 8:21:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info