Quest items removing life

I think this was an issue in previous patches but I thought it was fixed.. Seems it has returned.

Today on my HC Ranger in Cruel, I noticed that if had less than 100% life and I picked up any of the quest items from my inventory and placed them back down again my life instantly would reduce to the next lowest 20% mark. It only happens when placing the item back into the inventory. Also, life never goes below the 20% intervals. So, on my Ranger I have 710 max health, the 20% intervals are 142, 284, 426, and 568. If I have 150 current health then my life will be reduced 142 but not below. If I have 500 current health then it gets reduced to 426. I havent tried below 142 because I dont want to see if my HC character will die, lol.
I'll check up on the status of this issue, see if it's resurfaced. I remember it only happens after you take the Oak reward.
Balance & Design
For me, I noticed it after Kraytin and the Baleful Gem. I hadn't even seen Alira nor Oak yet.
Ah, seems this is still on the list to fix! It'll get there eventually.
Balance & Design
Default ranger, buggy item (this time) seems to be The Apex:

1, Took +45hp from Oak (Cruel, took it on Normal too, probably not important)
2, Zoned to Waterfall Cave Level 1
3, After killing a bunch of monsters I opened inventory to sort items -> not on max hp, I was regenerating from items+passives
4, Whenever I picked up and put down The Apex, my health dropped.

This does not occur when I'm on max hp. It takes off ~50 hp on each click, could be 45, the regen makes it impossible to tell. I have 1119 hp total, no Blood Magic keystone, no monsters around. I tried to kill myself with it, but it only reset to 1 hp. Going to town and back didn't fix it.

Edit: Activate the pyramid quest update took off another batch of hp, but picking up the item and putting it back down still took hp each time (before activating the pyramid). Actually activating the pyramid removed the item from my inventory and took off another chunk of hp. Max hp was never affected tho.

Edit 2: I forgot to check, and naturally this is on the list of known issues.
Last edited by mirelitbab on Dec 4, 2012, 5:32:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info