Summon Skeletons

Sorry my bad, soul eater grants generic damage reduction, not physical damage reduction.

Movement speed is the same on soul eatered guys, they get really fast attack and cast speeds.

Not sure if your minions get frenzy charges, but they could help with moving monsters since they provide massive movement and attack speed buffs to minions.
Summon skeleton Mages

They were not supposed to be included in the reduction of damage like summon skeletons according to the patch notes.

I am quite sure that the have been reduced in effectiveness. Played skeleton mages in metamorph, and tried them again in delerium. With gem level 21/23 (vaal summon skeletons) and empower lvl 4 with a +2 to all levels and +2 to summon skeletons chest and +2 level ascendancy makes it a lvl 32 gem on a 6 link finding a t16 boss difficult to kill, where similar setup in metamorph killed the same bosses in 2 seconds. The character I tested with is DeliriusWeapon. I tried on a t16 promenade, using dual curse on hit orb of storms ele weakness and flamability. I have anger and zeolotry on generosity support, and I apply EE(lightning dmg so reduced cold and fire res) with cyclone on boss. (This means that his fire resistance should be very low)

In my mind it was a league winner in Metamorph, and I was so excited that the skellie mages was not nerved in patch notes (since they have always been sub-par), but I had to switch characters in the league when I realized even ignoring delirum mirrors I could not kill normal map bosses. Starting with sub par skellie mages and nerf with the patch made them unusable.

Please can someone check what happened with skellie mages since I would like to play it again at some stage, but at the moment it is not a playable skill.
Last edited by WhiteMagick on May 29, 2020, 12:21:40 PM
hello there,

would be nice if the "Dead Reckoning" jewel gets removed, and a separate Gem would be available for Skeleton mages.

/and it would be cool if there is a way to summon Skeleton Archers. :)

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
Seems like we are getting summon skeletons in this upcoming patch. There is an alternative quality bonus on summon skeletons that can drop with an 100% chance to summon skeleton archers when you have the gem on 20% quality.
Hello,

I made a build with this 100% chance to summon skeleton archer.

The AI of the skeleton is very bad, its quite usual to see the summons wandering in the middle of bigs packs of monsters...

and it's very annoying. They often walk before attacking, or just try to attacks a monster which is far from them.

please make em attacks nearest enemy.

(the damage doesnt seem quite good too, but i'm not sure about this)
Interesting. Does this behavior chance if you link the feeding frenzy support?
2021 here.

Skellys, which I have used for several years now (though not the last 2 leagues), started to feel VERY squishy this last league (with the new minion damage gem).

At around T10 maps my level 19 skill gem skellys started MELTING in combat, living no longer then 2-3 seconds (without Bone Offering) in combat with melee mobs (they are still quite tanky vs elemental damage).
Buff Archer skeleton too. It had smaller by half dps than other skeleton. With the remove add damage on skeleton. its too weak
Leveling with Skeletons and Zombies is always great, however endgame when items (+1 Skeletons) can only be found in delve, restricting. The fact your itemisation is limited to delve, you either farm yourself or pay the mercy of those who farm delve.
Requiring this on helm, amulet and body armour is always a deterrent from Primarily running Skeletons.
To be honest. For me it would be enough if GGG would undo that huge (40%) nerf to skellies dmg. I would understand 15% of dmg or 15% attack speed, but 40% that's not normal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info