Need help with my ancestral warchief build

i feel like it's all over the place.

https://pastebin.com/MT9jCkP5 could someone look at it?
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2018, 1:30:44 PM
Hi,

I took a quick look at your tree and noticed a lot of minion nodes. Totems do not count as minions so those nodes are useless. To quote the wiki :

"
Totems allies are not considered to be minions, and are therefore not affected by minion-specific modifiers such as increased Minion Damage and Minion Instability.

"
Skills used by totems are affected by the player's passive skills, equipment, and linked support gems. Skills used by totems use the player's weapon when applicable.

Also, you have both critical strike nodes and Resolute Technique. Choosing RT means that your hits can't be evaded, but you don't deal critical strikes.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by haXterix on Dec 14, 2018, 12:22:37 AM
"
haXterix wrote:
Hi,

I took a quick look at your tree and noticed a lot of minion nodes. Totems do not count as minions so those nodes are useless. To quote the wiki :

"
Totems allies are not considered to be minions, and are therefore not affected by minion-specific modifiers such as increased Minion Damage and Minion Instability.

"
Skills used by totems are affected by the player's passive skills, equipment, and linked support gems. Skills used by totems use the player's weapon when applicable.

Also, you have both critical strike nodes and Resolute Technique. Choosing RT means that your hits can't be evaded, but you don't deal critical strikes.

Hope this helps.
minion nodes do count if you picvk spiritual aid
"
chibiusa91 wrote:
"
haXterix wrote:
Hi,

"

"

Hope this helps.

Only minion damage/accuracy in that case.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 14, 2018, 5:36:37 AM
Take a look at my tree. Left click my name on the right, and click the characters tab. Take note of my weapons. They are dirt cheap and are amazing for the price. The offhand is perhaps one of the best weapons possible outside of a 10ex shaper axe/sword.

Edit: I haven't bothered to gather other links like immortal call yet. Been playing Warchief totems so long, and build it so tanky, I don't even bother half of the time to put anything together. Have died maybe 3 times in 2 years on Hardcore? Something like that.
Last edited by Shnikins on Dec 14, 2018, 8:40:12 AM
"

A totem is not a minion. There is no passive skill or keystone that will turn a totem into a minion. There is nothing stopping you from taking every minion node on the tree if you want, but don't be surprised when you get facerolled by white mobs.

"
Only minion damage/accuracy in that case.

Totem damage / accuracy scales off the player's stats. Also, accuracy is completely useless if you're going RT.
"
Shnikins wrote:
Take a look at my tree. Left click my name on the right, and click the characters tab. Take note of my weapons. They are dirt cheap and are amazing for the price. The offhand is perhaps one of the best weapons possible outside of a 10ex shaper axe/sword.

Edit: I haven't bothered to gather other links like immortal call yet. Been playing Warchief totems so long, and build it so tanky, I don't even bother half of the time to put anything together. Have died maybe 3 times in 2 years on Hardcore? Something like that.

callinellus in main hand and princess in off hand.
does that still work? i thought this was fixed so that it actually alternates hands while dual wielding? isn't it a damage loss then to put a low dps weapon like princess in the off hand.
"
haXterix wrote:
"

A totem is not a minion. There is no passive skill or keystone that will turn a totem into a minion. There is nothing stopping you from taking every minion node on the tree if you want, but don't be surprised when you get facerolled by white mobs.

Read the "Spiritual Aid" node description.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info