So can we have some control over privacy here?

yeah so anyway, i havent paid much attention to the social aspects of this game but apparently every time i log in now, i get spammed by beggars that seem to always know exactly what character i'm playing. now i confess i've done no research in this matter, but i assume theres some sort of friends list feature or somesuch crap i could care less about that must be in play here.

i'd really much rather not have random people add me to their friend lists or whatever is going on here without first requesting confirmation from me to do so. additionally, there doesnt seem to be any intuative way to remove myself from other's lists or prevent the broadcast that i'm online and what character i'm on.

not sure if i'm just blind or what but i cant see any checkbox for invisible/incognito login. sometimes i just dont want to be bothered and it's so much easier to just not be detected than to be a dick and tell everybody to bug off.

maybe i'm wrong about whats going on here and theres something else going on but i doubt it's coincidence. i really dont want to waste another key on myself just to play in peace.

tl;dr can we has option for incognito login?
waiting for OP to deliver.
Technically, there's an offline character account whisper function. Even if your on a different character, all the other person need to do is to know your other character name and you will still receive the message.

There's no friend list yet(you can see it doesn't work by right clicking someone's character, it's coming in the next patch though), so just do /ignore if you want to.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Mar 18, 2012, 5:39:30 AM
Currently there is no friends list, though we'd love to have that in (it's really awesome) within one-two weeks.

People are seeing what character you play with the /whois command. I completely agree that privacy options are necessary, and this is something I want to add in the future.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Privacy option could turn the trolls invisible, it may be dangerous to...
... nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info