A world without video games...

Imagine the millions of hours the world is spending playing and developing videos games were invested into something else.

What would that be? Would the world be better off with or without video games?.
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2018, 11:01:22 PM
well we would waste our time in other ways. and better? no. i lived in a time without videogames. at least outside special places.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
I'm not gonna lie, I'd have been way more productive. I basically flunked out of college my first time around because thats when I finally got highspeed internet and was staying up till 3/4am and going to class at 7am, every single day. Until I just stopped going. I wish it was something as cool as partying, but it was videogames.(I went back 10 years later and got my degree, but still).
Last edited by Destructodave on Dec 2, 2018, 9:04:23 PM
Would be in the inn all day drinking and gambling lul.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I think we'd spend at least some of that time inventing video games.

But if this is a thread for Video Game Confessions And How They Ruined My Life, fuck, how long have you got? I could literally write a book about it. I think I started to at some point. Then I stopped to play video games.

I'll admit: Part of me wanted to be that guy and just quote this and say "/thread" but I'll try to say something more mature & inspiring instead:

I think video games are a gateway to the utopia/dystopia we will eventually reach, assuming humanity doesn't wipe itself off through some sort of global catastrophe.

A world where human consciousness is 'digitized' so 'persons' can exist & operate with practically zero maintenance/resources (perfect VR). Volunteers (which are easy to come by, thanks to gamification of mundane tasks) take care of 'physical world' tasks via remote-controlled systems.

A perfect existence with almost all the pleasures of organic life, with almost none of the troubles... Basically a man-made heaven where, what we currently consider to be 'wasting our time' (because of a system where everyone needs to 'make a living' via tangibly productive efforts) will simply be called 'life'.

Like I said, it's just a matter of time, as long as we don't destroy ourselves before that.

Trust me, I'm from the future*.

* The one where we didn't destroy ourselves. Duh.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
A World without Video Games would be kinda better in many ways. Well, not sure really, but you would be more out working, be more active in many ways of course.

Just wait and see. One day all the Technology, Digitized and Computerized SH%& will destroy us.
Last edited by Kundarin on Dec 3, 2018, 8:09:08 PM
A world without videogames would have people using drugs, getting drunked, gambling, sit all day passively watching tv, or realising the awful IRL world and setting it on fire once and for all.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
We will be definitely more productive.. .
CASUAL GAMER
Werd. I was just thinking after I sorted my SSF stash for two hours tonight how much real stuff I coulda got done. Like hung cristmans lights on the house, did my paperwork for the week, take my son to the park. Video games are escapism basically. Think I'm getting too old for this.
Git R Dun!
Board games. Card games. That is what I did when I was a wee one.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info