HC viable MoM Crit Arc Trapper (HOTGM, Shaper, Red Elder all done deathless)

This is my overview for this fairly standard Arc trapper that I got to lvl 95 in Delve (3.5).

Gear
Spoiler

I'd say the most important piece of gear, next to the pretty mandatory COTBH, is a shaper chest with "spells have 1%+ critical strike chance" so Arc scales off of 6% instead of 5. With power charges and diamond flask up we're crit capped.

Other than that it's all life, resists, mana regen and damage. Cerberus' Limb is an extreme budget weapon that gives some nice and unique defensive stats, opening up for good synergies for a lot of types of shields. A high ES shield helps your effective life pool as well as giving evasion, another defensive layer that goes well with blind and Acro/Phase Arco.

Tree/PoB
Spoiler

Poeplanner tree with details.
Now, 157% life (without jewels) doesn't sound like much. With 2K mana and life regen up to 20% from triggered traps (roughly 1400 life regen on my character) it holds up.

https://pastebin.com/zghWWiJA

Leveling
Spoiler

Start with any spell of your choosing but buy the trap gem from act 1 after you've killed Brutus. When you've dealt with Merveil you can purchase Arc from Nessa as well. A 3L +1 wand with Trap, Arc and Added Lightning will do ok until you get Controlled Destruction from doing the Weaver quest in act 2.

From this point, you can level with Trap, Multitrap and Arc (Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus and Added Lightning if you're using a Tabula. Swap Added Lightning with Lightning Penetration from the library quest before Dominus.)

Somewhere in act3 you should have completed normal lab to get Perfect Crime. The build really starts to shine once you do cruel lab for Chain Reaction.
As for the last 4 points, I don't have a recommended route since they're both heavily defensive in their own ways. I suspect Born in the Shadows to be most impactful due to the lack of Trap Throwing Speed at this point. With more speed, Pyromaniac gets better.

What can this build do, and is it HC viable?
Spoiler

So far I've done Hall of the Grandmasters deathless several times as a service, all the red tier Elder Guardians, all the Shaper Guardian maps (Mino especially is really easy with Blind/Acro) etc. All Shaper Guardian maps were done with really insane mods. The great thing about a MoM trapper is that the only bad map mod is Temporal Chains, which you can dispel with a flask. No Regen is the only "dangerous" mod, but a mana and life flask should already be on your belt.

Some of the rippier maps I've done with this char. I'll make a video if enough people show an interest in that.

The character has a fair few /deaths. 12 of them are from Uber Elder. I didn't do any research and pretty much thought to myself that I'm not mechanically good enough for that fight. Single target damage is not the strongest part of Arc Traps. Safe clearing with extreme map mods is the strongest side of this build.

Is it fast as fuck?
Spoiler

Not really, it's a trapper. You can boost the clear speed with higher tier gear, like an expensive scepter and shield combo, ditch MoM and use Wrath etc. You can definitely do that for early maps.

Last bumped on Nov 22, 2018, 12:09:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info