[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

Finally upgraded my bow from this:

to

Last edited by dfda91 on Feb 3, 2020, 6:38:35 PM
Spoiler

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/4PzeLF3i

Hello! Thank you for build DankawSL and KETONOWY post

Shaper, Elder (normal) - no problem.
any Metamorph(83) - i kill before first wave mobs spawn

Can anyone tell me - with this gear Sirus 8 possible? if i'm a right calculated dps - near 4kk(adrenaline 4sec), then 3.0-3.5kk
Last edited by DoctorPNZ on Feb 4, 2020, 12:10:31 PM
about maxing armour, what double-influenced would be good for us? got ilvl86 elder armour 6L base and want to spend $$$
Quick question for you guys. Got a lion's eye vision chest with +2 to projectiles implicit. Would it be better to socket puncture or split arrow onto the chest? I had split arrow on the chest before because of the innate pierce so to move puncture, I'd have to replace a support gem for split arrow with pierce again (probably would have to replace awakened chain but then the clear doesn't feel as good). Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
Any recomendations for upgrades? Obviously bow and quiver i guess.

"
slowmath wrote:
Any recomendations for upgrades? Obviously bow and quiver i guess.

Not sure if this is still relevant, but here you go:

You've already mentioned the bow. The flat phys roll is really low, so I wouldn't bother 6-linking it. Better get an ilvl 84 6-linked base and fossil craft it. The whole process shouldn't cost more than 2ex. You could also just 6-link the bow as is, but since that is quite the investment, you'd better spend a little on a better bow first. Either way, the extra support gem will be a massive damage boost.

The quiver is a problem because of the pierce. You will not be able to use Ensnaring Arrow with it. EA massively increases your DPS because most bosses stand around a lot, so EA triples your damage in that time.

Your helmet has great life, but you can get way better resists on it, which would free some other gear slots for more damage mods.

You should try to get Physical Damage over Time Multiplier on your gloves, amulet and quiver. Check the crafting section of the guide, it has a great explanation of what stats are important. At the current point in your build, you can just buy better equipment for 20-40 chaos per slot, which is a lot cheaper than crafting your own.

Also try to get rings with +flat phys damage. They're cheap, even if you also get good life and resists on them.

In general, look at the stats recommended by the guide, search for items like that on the trade website, copy them into PoB and see by how much they increase your bleed dps. Make sure you use LocalIdentity's fork of PoB, it fixes a few bleed-related things. Then buy whatever is good value for money.

All in all, I think for about 2-3ex of investment, you can at least double your clear dps without sacrificing defenses. And with Ensnaring Arrow (once you remove Pierce from your gear) and a six-linked Puncture, your boss dps could be almost 10 times more than what you have right now.
FilterCloud: https://filter.poe.gg
Filter Debugger: https://bschug.github.io/poedit/poedit.html
Apparently it's been around 3 weeks since my last update. Obviously i didn't play much during that time, but it seems i'll finally stick for longer and deliver the update. However in past few days i did play a decent chunk.

I switched to trade league somewhere around 12 watchstones to speed up the testing, plus i already figured out how the build looks in SSF. Excluding future bow investment i bought exactly 6 items: 19 Imperial Legacy cards (2nd set turned in), Ryslatha's Coil, Kintsugi, Awakened Unbound Ailments, solid rare amulet and 3 Deafening Contempt essences. My old amulet was awful so i bought good one to annoint it, i already farmed oils back in SSF. My current gear:

Current gear

No matter how you look, it's quite average. In practice it allowed me to push the build all the way to 32/32 watchstones and AL7 Sirus kill. Not even 100% bleed dmg fossil mod. @Haasts, i remember when you told me that this mod isn't necessary. I didn't completely believe it but you were right. Once the gems level a bit and the character as well, it starts rolling.

If you guys remember in last update i said the build doesn't feel nearly as good as the old 3.4-3.8 one. It's still mostly correct, but once you get those few key items it does start to feel good to play.

I don't think i can improve the budget version of the build so i'll be pushing the update soon, probably tomorrow.

Now for other discoveries / testing results:

Crimson Dance and Siege Ballista:
I kept testing both of these multiple times over the last few days like i did back in SSF. I think i've reached final conclusion. In most cases CD is worse for clearing (as expected), but once you reach that threshold where it feels great to use it should be better than standard bleed. That's with RoA/TS as a clear skill. Once you start using Crimson Dance, then Siege Ballista suddenly becomes a superior choice for single target. Simple as that. As i mentioned in previous entry of this "journal", old build still works but on higher budget.

Ensnaring Arrow and the disappearing debuff:
It's actually a thing. Mobile enemies who jump/teleport should remove the pinning debuff very often, that's natural and massive pain in the ass. For immobile enemies it makes sense to cast your Ensnaring Arrow once or twice and be done with it, right? Kuduku doesn't agree. I observed some bosses simply removing the pinning stacks without moving an inch. It's very easy to notice on totem bosses (Atoll/Plateu) in particular. I'm positive there are more cases like this, but this one is the only i confirmed. In some cases it might be simply effective range of the pinning debuff. I'll test it more in the future.

Anyway that's it for today. There's a lot of work to do.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I am really enjoying this build. I started fresh char on SSF in prep for 3.10. Is the leveling section good to go for 3.9/10 or is there upgrades to be done? Also, how much difference / damage does the first ascendancy make while leveling?

Edit: you also said that the “100% bleed dmg fossil mod” is not needed, why is that? I would think that it would be the most important thing offering double damage for bosses at least?
Last edited by clawface on Feb 24, 2020, 7:09:12 AM
February 24-25th, 2019
Spoiler
Passive Tree:
* Basic tree revamped - no longer goes to left side of the tree, instead it goes to shadow's starting area.
* End game tree removed.

Gem Setups:
* Revamped the whole section.
* New main clearing skill - Vaal Rain of Arrows (bye bye Split Arrow).
* Puncture setup now uses Unbound Ailments instead of Swift Affliction by default.
* Ensnaring Arrow is now used in Curse on Hit setup, now known as Debuffing Setup.
* Frenzy is now a standalone skill.
* You can now check what each gem does at their designated level.
* Some explainations are shorter and right to the point.

Levelling and Progression:
* Updated levelling passive trees to reflect recent changes.
* Removed End Game Build section since it's somewhat outdated. It will reappear once i update it.

Path of Building:
* PoB link updated to newest version.
* Now features 2nd gear set with extremely expensive equipment.
* Added levelling passive trees.
New PoB for convenience: https://pastebin.com/zD0R1hcm

There's still more work to be done but i need more time to test end game possibilities. I'm not rich enough to do that right away.

"
clawface wrote:
Spoiler
I am really enjoying this build. I started fresh char on SSF in prep for 3.10. Is the leveling section good to go for 3.9/10 or is there upgrades to be done? Also, how much difference / damage does the first ascendancy make while leveling?

Edit: you also said that the “100% bleed dmg fossil mod” is not needed, why is that? I would think that it would be the most important thing offering double damage for bosses at least?

I just updated the levelling section, trees are the same until act 4 -> 5. First 2 labyrinths are VERY important, you should do them as soon as you're capable.

It's not needed = the damage is reasonable enough without the mod. Of course you want the mod in the long run, but it's not necessary to "finish" the game or to clear well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Feb 24, 2020, 9:41:43 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:

No matter how you look, it's quite average. In practice it allowed me to push the build all the way to 32/32 watchstones and AL7 Sirus kill. Not even 100% bleed dmg fossil mod. @Haasts, i remember when you told me that this mod isn't necessary. I didn't completely believe it but you were right. Once the gems level a bit and the character as well, it starts rolling.

Glad to hear your SSF experience fell in line with my own - haven't been playing this build safely in high-level content lately (ran a Cremation Chieftain for very forgiving A8 Sirus etc) but am using it for grinding out the map bosses challenge.

Spoiler

Some notes for anyone thinking about this in SSF:

Spoiler
* I have chanced every white Studded Belt that has dropped for me this league as well as used Ancient Orbs / temple rooms on belts, and I am the proud owner of fifteen The Magnates and zero Ryslatha's Coils.

* Took me seventeen Corroded+Jagged fossil attempts to craft my bow and wasn't particularly keen to craft others; wish I'd delved to ~iL83 instead of farming ~iL70-75ish biomes.

* Despite every attempt with farming scarabs etc, could not get an Elder/Hunter amulet to drop to craft and should have tried to craft/anoint a different amulet rather than stubbornly holding out for the right base to drop.

* Ran a lot of Calderas and farmed A6 Mud Flats for a couple of hours(?) getting sets of the Lion; didn't get the jewel in the five sets I gathered ... generally heard it takes a dozen attempts to get the jewel and wasn't enjoying the grind. Randomly ended up with another set via random Metamorph/Stacked Deck div card jobs which gave me the jewel; was a very significant DPS boost.

* Boots: 100-150ish Chaos / Alch+Scour attempts; hit T1 End Charge on Kill & Spell Dodge once but on a six-mod item with no MS; first annul (of the three I've found this league) hit a junk suffix instead of a junk prefix and the second annul hit the End Charge on Kill. Eventually decided to see what I could do with Alt+Aug+Regal and hit End Charge on Kil and good life/res rolls, which seemed good enough. Despite doing as many Jun missions as possible, putting Aisling in Research to craft prefixes onto boots without MS etc, I didn't get the option to unveil hybrid MS crafts so caved and used the straight MS craft.

* I'd been using a 5L Kintsugi but had a set of The Dapper Prodigy to turn in and wanted to try out Rain of Arrows of Split Arrow - wish I'd made the change sooner, and might see how Crimson Dance / Siege Ballista works with my level of gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info