POE_Components: an installer for additional programs, scripts, loot filters

Description
This is a free open-source software which provides an installer for additional components for the Path of Exile (POE) game.

At some point, every POE player faces a need for additional programs, scripts, loot filters, which will make the POE experience much smoother. The installer downloads the latest versions of additional components (programs, scripts, loot filters) and installs them in the Path of Exile game folder.

In case if some component, which doesn't provide auto updater, releases a new version, execute the POE_Components installer, and it will download the latest version for the selected components, no need to download anything by hand. Filters installed via POE_Components will be placed in the appropriate folder automatically, no need to move them by hand. Additionally, POE_Components creates a custom shortcut, which runs all the scripts and shortcuts placed in the specific folder. Check "Features" section for more info.

Note
POE_Components was developed for Microsoft Windows users. An installer will work in any Path of Exile version unless some core changes in POE will take place in a file structure.

Features
* AutoUpdater - download POE_Components once
* Supports English and Russian languages
* Custom shortcut, which runs all scripts and shortcuts placed in POE_Components\Components\AutoHotkey\Scripts as well as game executable - no need to run scripts/tools manually The shortcut is available in POE_Components\src\ folder as well
* Chosen loot filters will be added to the game automatically - no need (but you can) in moving filter files to the appropriate folder
* Loot-filter selection in the installer - no need (but you can) to select loot filter in-game if selected in the installer
* Installing LabCompass via POE_Components will add game client path to the LabCompass automatically. Run LabCompass, import maps - profit
* Compatible with GGG and Steam clients.

Components
* AutoHotkey installer
* Logout Macro
* Trade Macro
* Neversink's loot filters
* Path of Building
* LabCompass
* MercuryTrade

Components short description https://github.com/TheDonVladon/POE_Components/wiki/ENG:Components

Download
To download the installer go to the installer latest release page https://github.com/TheDonVladon/POE_Components/releases/latest and click on the POE_Components_x.x.x.zip, where x.x.x is the version.

Troubleshooting
In case if you have any issues, do not hesitate to ask in this thread or create a ticket in the issue tracker https://github.com/TheDonVladon/POE_Components/issues/new.

The game is designed as it is, and any in-game 3rd party program may cause issues with GGG, so this is your responsibility to choose what to use.
Last edited by TheDonVladon on Oct 24, 2018, 6:53:45 AM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2018, 8:51:34 AM
Has GGG clarified whether using Mercury Trade is against the rules?

(full size image: https://i.imgur.com/kThKSMy.png)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Oct 23, 2018, 12:09:20 PM
I'm not sure if you're safe using a tool with automated features (even if you're not using those automated features), because the question is - how you are going to prove that you have not used any automated features in case if someone will provide a proof that you're using such tool?

Also, the support did not explicitly say that Mercury Trade is not allowed, but they did not recommend to use it, that's it.
Perhaps you'd like to consider removing it or adding a disclaimer, then. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

"
Sarno wrote:
Perhaps you'd like to consider removing it or adding a disclaimer, then. :)

Then similar disclaimer should be added to any 3rd party tool, even to the AutoHotkey, cus you can easily add 5actions on 1 click, which is against the rules obviously.

Mercury Trade has been added to the installer because the community has requested it with some reasonable reasons, and I do not call to use it in any way.

The game is designed as it is, and any in-game 3rd party program may cause issues with GGG, so this is your responsibility to choose what to use.

Thank you for a notice.
"
TheDonVladon wrote:
Then similar disclaimer should be added to any 3rd party tool, even to the AutoHotkey, cus you can easily add 5actions on 1 click, which is against the rules obviously.

I'm sorry, but that's a cop-out.

Nobody expects you to predict what the end user may do and warn them ahead of time. I think the average person, before creating macros, would check which are allowed. I'd also question how much the relative demographics of someone 1) writing their own macros, and, 2) looking for a program to make installing software easier would overlap. Though if you want to add a disclaimer for AutoHotKey, I wouldn't try to talk you out of it.

The list of things being installed is the following;
  • AutoHotKey. A dependency for other items on the list.
  • A macro using functionality allowed by GGG.
  • A macro using functionality allowed by GGG.
  • Loot filters. Allowed by GGG.
  • Path of Building. No interaction with the game client.
  • A program which reads the log file, which is allowed by GGG.
  • A program which GGG has warned people against using.

You're telling me you really don't think one of these things stands out from the others? I don't understand the objection to a simple disclaimer. It's not like it's a lot of work or something.

We're talking about whether 'out of the box' functionality is allowed. Seems pertinent, don't you think?

----

"
Sarno wrote:

• A program which GGG has warned people against using.

You're telling me you really don't think one of these things stands out from the others? I don't understand the objection to a simple disclaimer. It's not like it's a lot of work or something.

We're talking about whether 'out of the box' functionality is allowed. Seems pertinent, don't you think?

The main reason why I'm not going to state that some of those tools are allowed or not because of this: https://imgur.com/a/3HIhdIU

When there will be an official thread (this will not happen) with the list of all allowed or restricted tools then we can speak about this.

If you can provide a support response, which clearly shows that Mercury Trade is not allowed, it will be removed from the installer straight away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info