Glyphic Fossil - Craft item

Can someone enlight me on the best use of this fossil?

thank you
Last edited by ThoryX on Oct 22, 2018, 5:37:33 PM
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2018, 1:33:36 PM
A popular choice are Elder Eternal Burgonets to try to hit the perfect combination for RF: 30% more elemental damage, Burning Damage Support, Concentrated Effect Support. In addition it's theoretically possible to roll Less Duration Support and -9% Fire Resistance to nearby enemies, but the former mods are more important. All five with t1 life would make it the best possible item for RF.

Helmets with the first three mods start out around 30 ex with crafted life.
or the best possible item for molten strike. elder eternal burgonets to hit 30% more ele dmg, conc effect, immolate, and getting -9% fire res with scorched fossil as well would easily be mirror tier.

only thing is...glyphic fossils are expensive as hell now. huge gamble
so the craft recipe will look like this:

- Elder Eternal Burgonet lvl 85 (1ex)
+
- Prime Resonator (1.3ex) with: Glyphic (1.1ex) + Scorched(0.5c) + Sanctified(35c) + Pristine(2c)

am I right?

Last edited by ThoryX on Oct 25, 2018, 6:32:12 AM
I would consider blocking mods instead of using a sanctified fossil, as the expensive mods don't have large differences between mod tiers (they might all count for sanctified for all I know, since they're Elder mods). The pristine also seems optional. Getting good life is nice, but unlike the damage mods, you can get it on other gear too.

I wouldn't spam glyphic and scorched due to the high cost of glyphic, so a prime resonator is probably worth it, but you should make sure to have the best chance for the outcome you want.
"
I would consider blocking mods instead of using a sanctified fossil, as the expensive mods don't have large differences between mod tiers (they might all count for sanctified for all I know, since they're Elder mods). The pristine also seems optional. Getting good life is nice, but unlike the damage mods, you can get it on other gear too.

I wouldn't spam glyphic and scorched due to the high cost of glyphic, so a prime resonator is probably worth it, but you should make sure to have the best chance for the outcome you want.

something like: Glyphic + Scorched + Prismatic + ?

the core idea is to obtain:
Elder Suffix:Socketed Gems are Supported by Level xx Burning Damage
Elder Prefix: Socketed Gems are Supported by Level xx Concentrated Effect
Essence Suffix: Socketed Gems deal xx% more Elemental Damage (Glyphic)

- on poedb.tw the "burning Damage" is not listed why?
- "Burning damage support" is influenced by Scorched Fossil?
- "Concentrated Effect" cannot be influenced, right?
- It seems the if I use Scorched and Prismatic I've an high probability of obtaining "immolate", is it so bad?

the issue with rolling the helmet is it has a lot of possible fire mods. it might be better to block stuff instead of influence fire, im not sure.

but with scorched you can get immolate, burning damage, and most likely the essence mod socketed gems have 50% chance to ignite as that is also a fire mod.

it will be much more common to hit ignite chance than it would hit more elemental damage.

back when glyphic fossils were only 40c i tried to craft a helmet for MS i think about 8 times. i only hit the more elemental damage essence mod twice out of those 8 times.
Burning damage is grouped with immolate on poedb, but they have the same tag, so which one you roll basically just decides whether it's fit for MS or not.

From what I can tell without much research, ilvl 82 will be enough, at least for RF, but people are enchanting ivl 84 and 85 bases. A quick search actually resulted in probably no (except price fixing) to enchanted bases that haven't been crafted. Righteous Fire enchants are cheaper, but also not available as a pure crafting base.

RF cares considerably less about the enchant, but even if you hit two supports in addition to the essence mod, it will be considerably less valuable for MS. So if you want both possibilities, you probably have to invest in an enchant or spam enchanted fossils yourself.

Other than that, it turns out that pristine actually blocks a lot of armour prefixes that could otherwise roll, and blocking everything else would be difficult. I'm not going to do all your work for you though, so you still have to figure out the last fossil on your own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info