Maping and atlas....

So ive been playing for a long time and basicly every league i hit lvl 90 with a character i get bored with it, run a couple of tier 12/13 maps and im done with it.
i eather reroll something new or im done with the league at that point.
This league i played alot of characters some of them died and some of them i still have.
Today i decided to try and sustain some t12/13 etc...
So i got my atlas to 100+ dunno how many points above it is atm.
im chiseling alchemy rolling and scoure when needed in order to get higher quant,
im corrupting them and runing onslaught or bloodlines and im basicly geting no returns ?!!? like wtf is this shit ?
Basicly if i put 3 to 5 chaos orbs in a map i expect to get return every other map if not in every map. but thats not the case ?!?! wtf am i missing here ?
Im basicly trowing currency away adn geting nothing.
If im wasting 4 chaos per t12/13 map and im not geting returns with 100% atlas well its not worth it at all and im better off byuing maps and just runing and ignore the atlas building chiseling and everything else crap.....like wtf ?
Waht am i missing here

Forget the part that i can go down delving and get maps that why, leave that out.
Last edited by intersept on Oct 18, 2018, 3:46:21 AM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2018, 6:22:15 AM
red maps = very rare drop
yellow maps = good amount
white maps = excessive drops

also it has to be variety map, if its a shaped specific map it doesn't drop back unless there is a elder influence

t3 burial chambers is the best to sustain good profit/layout map
yeah but forget t3 burials and t4 volcanos....im talking about red maps here where im investing more then the map cost do go buy directly from poetrade and i dont get anything from it
Are you sure you are corrupting them? Because corrupting + zana mods is not worth it, you do one or the other.
"
intersept wrote:
i expect to get return every other map if not in every map.

There's your problem. Don't expect it. In Incursion, I ran 34 consecutive yellow maps without an upgrade. Bad streaks can and will happen in an RNG environment. As they say; "Random wouldn't be random if it wasn't random".

I do what everyone does; chisel, roll for pack size, often corrupt or Zana mods, and focus on running Shaper/Elder maps. I often save up three of the same maps, so I can run sextants on them too, if I have. And I ALWAYS have problems sustaining maps every league. At least until I reach ~120-130 Atlas completion. (And it's ALWAYS irritating seing people doing the exact same thing as me, while they talk about it "raining maps". I guess it's a quantity thing).

Mapping is the end game. "Mindless grind" is sort of the definition of "end game". "End game" is just "something to do/push for after the main game is over". It's designed to be a grind, to keep you pushing.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
The Atlas is an illusion, exile.
And red maps are the luxury.

Especially in such a barren league like this.
It is literally Standard content what we have now in maps.

Realize it.
Last edited by DarkJen on Oct 18, 2018, 6:22:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info