3.4 MosesPlays Starforge Dominating Blow Jugg

Hi!
So,the ground for this build I made came from a long time wanting to make use of Starforge weapon,going pure phys,and make use of both Jugg(playing for the first time) and the new minion nodes that were introduced in 3.4 Spiritual command and Spiritual aid that makes minion damage and attack speed mods from gear and tree affect you as well as your minions.
Combined with the need to make a character that can go deep in delve Jugg was the perfect candidate for me to take on such a build.(I was debating on making a Jugg Slayer hybrid scion but decided to go with the full Jugg in the end).

So,offensively we make use of Dominating blow,the skill will summon minions on killing enemies normal magic and rare minions,and normal minions when attacking unique enemies.
As well,we make use of the new herald of purity skill that summons more minions for us as well as adding more flat physical damage to attacks.

Defensively we mitigate damage with being a Jugg,stacking 7 endurance charges from the tree as well as fortify from our movement skill,allows us to basically ignore most all physical hits.
And from my point of view having played the Jugg for the very first time,it was an absolute pleasure!

For elemental mitigation we use loreweave that ups our max res to 80,as well as triple balanced wise oak flask for further elemental damage reduction.

Alongside with leech from our attacks,this makes the most resilient character I've ever played.Almost nothing seems to kill this guy,its remarkable.
And to show that,I can note that this character reached level 96,not because it was my fastest map clearer,not because it had the most damage,but simply because it was able to take on ELDER UNDERGROUND SEA maps with full sextants and beyond from map device as well as shaper \ elder rotating influence with basically no deaths.

This character also killed t14 elder as well as all the guardians of shaper (t16) and shaper himself,although it took a lot longer than my arc trapper for example..

The whole goal of this character was to attempt reaching level 600 delve without the current cheese builds or zerphy's builds that are out there and without spending too many exalts because I was kind of broke after my recent build the disintegrator bladefall scion https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2233203

To be honest,the build failed reaching that goal.That is not to say I couldn't do it,but simply put after playing it for a few days and delving to about 430 or so,the damage output seemed to fall off against monsters at that depth,and progression felt slower than I felt was fun to continue,so I moved on to a new build since than.

But all things considered,I still had a blast making, theorycrafting, building, gearing and playing this character,and I very much recommend it to all who are interested to try out Dominating Blow,so lets get into the build!

The Tree:
Spoiler
https://tinyurl.com/y8pxfsjc

GEM LINKS:
Spoiler

6L: Dominating Blow, Faster Attacks, Maim, Melee Splash, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike. (For single target,swap Melee Splash with Ruthless)

5L: Vaal Ancestral Warchief, Faster Attacks, Damage On Full Life, Concentrated Effect, Melee Physical Damage (add Ruthless for 6'th link)

4L: Leap Slam, Fortify, Faster Attacks, Blood Magic.

3L: Level20 Cast When Damage Taken, Immortal Call, Increased Duration
This allows a long duration of complete physical immunity,during which you keep generating endurance charges.

2L: Vulnerability+Blasphemy

Utility 1L: Blood Rage, Convocation, Herald Of Purity, Haste.
With free reservation to Vulnerability due to:
it allows us to use our mana reservation more freely with haste that has a massive effect on minions and ourselves,as well as of course herald of purity.

THE GEAR:
Spoiler

With a sword like Starforge,in a Non-Crit build,there are not really many ways to scale our damage from gear other than try to get a lot of flat physical damage as we can as well as attack speed.
And defensive-wise we try to get as much life as possible as well as getting our uncapped resistances to reach the same value for the wise oak.

One quick word about your loreweave

...or my loreweave for that matter,is that since this is a non crit non elemental build ,all you have to worry about is really getting max 80 roll on your resistances,and high roll on phys damage to attacks,which makes some for some ridiculously cheap loreweave,I was able to buy mine for only 4ex and vaaled it for some extra entertainment value.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Due to the fact we are Jugg,and immune to all sorts of slows coming in from freeze or chill or temp chains,in addition to the wise oak always overcapping our resistances so Elemental weakness maps are not a problem,as well as an innate massive physical damage reduction which makes vulnerability maps a non issue,so curses and freezes basically don't matter,and so we are free to use multiple damage buffs with our flasks,which I must say is a unique feeling simply because of the fact that one every build pretty much we have to take care of 3 important suffixes,Staunching Heat and Warding. Well,here we only have to worry about one of the above,which makes our flask setup look like this:

So we have 3 huge damage flasks, one instant life flask of bleed removal, as well as an elemental damage mitigation flask in form of the wise oak.

Jewels

Spoiler
Not too many sockets in this tree,but from the available ones I went with attack speed and inc phys damage with swords as well as some life.

For permenant onslaught while mapping I am using

And,lastly for the belt socket I fossil crafted
for some more flat phys,some life,and slammed increased effect of shock that works nicely with starforge.

Hope you enjoyed the read!
I will be happy to answer any further questions on the build here on the forums or on my live stream.

For those of you who are interested there are also 2 youtube videos I made about this build:
Concept Video,character level is 80: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwS0iyFnWZ8

Wrap-up video,Character level is 94 featuring a double beyond full sextanted T16 Underground Sea map(with the annoying mod"Monsters have 40% physical damage reduction": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVV0kRJT28&feature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoy!

Twitch.tv/MosesPlays
Streaming all day every day pretty much(for almost 6 years now!)

Streaming Every Day,

Twitch.tv/MosesPlays
Last edited by MosesPlays on Oct 17, 2018, 1:36:01 AM
Last bumped on Oct 16, 2018, 9:30:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info