Pirate League! Island Exploration! Player owned Ships! Fight what lurks in the depths!

Follow treasure maps to find hidden treasures from Captain Fairgraves crew of pirates! What curse grips the crew since the loss of the Captain? What did they sacrifice for riches beyond imagination, and to whose hands did the pirate's booty truly fall?

Hi I'm not Chris Wilson, and this is my idea for a future expansion league to Path of Exile!

Players can purchase and upgrade ships to sail the ocean, exploring a vast archipelago full of riches, but danger lurks in each cove.

Defend your ship from Pirate attacks as they attempt to board.

Find artifacts strewn across endless islands.

Follow maps from island to island, and remember: X marks the spot!

But be careful of what may lurk just below the surface...
Last edited by Seeders on Oct 16, 2018, 6:49:15 PM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2018, 5:59:58 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Pillars of Exile 2: Clearspeed Archipelago
Path of pirates : dead men tell no tales

also fishing now enabled from ships and boats in addition to regular shore fishing
IGN : Sir_Big
This actually sounds interesting.

And the fishing would literally blow everyone's mind. I feel like actual fishing is being saved for when PoE hits a low, dark hole as one final surge of income.
This is along the lines of what I've been saying for months.

EXPAND the world/universe of POE - not just little DLCs. WHOLE new areas/Acts to explore - NOT the same repetitive 10 acts over and over and over.

Maybe some of you enjoy beating your head against the wall repeatedly, I don't know. But I know that I, and clearly a LOT of others, don't.

It would be SO easy to expand the world for current players AND incorporate that with new players still going through the 10 acts.

Yes, I know that's "kind of" been done with maps, but it is NOT the same.

You could expand to ANOTHER 10 NEW Acts with a whole new storyline. Sure, that might necessitate some game mechanic changes, but nothing that isn't doable.

Instead of capping at 100, you could cap each NEW SET OF 10 ACTS at 100 each - so someone completing the 2nd set of 10 Acts could be at Level 200.

Easily scaled.

Stop making things so closed off.

Please.
I really like this idea for a new league, traveling on ships in real-time for x amount of time, from one new area in PoE to another, listening to the waves crash against the ship, but sadly... such a league like this, along with enabling fishing mechanics, will be implemented only when GGG's devs exhaust all other ideas when the game has come to a roadblock, as someone else here said.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Oct 16, 2018, 11:57:59 PM
"
EXPAND the world/universe of POE - not just little DLCs. WHOLE new areas/Acts to explore - NOT the same repetitive 10 acts over and over and over.

What the hell, the 10 acts go released only a year ago !?
Do you have any idea, how much work is required to release so much content ???

And Delve IS expending the universe of PoE on top of that, maps also are an expansion of the storyline.

Give them time for Dominus sake ....

back to topic, that would sound like a fun expansion if done right.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Seeders wrote:
Follow treasure maps to find hidden treasures from Captain Fairgraves crew of pirates! What curse grips the crew since the loss of the Captain? What did they sacrifice for riches beyond imagination, and to whose hands did the pirate's booty truly fall?

Hi I'm not Chris Wilson, and this is my idea for a future expansion league to Path of Exile!

Players can purchase and upgrade ships to sail the ocean, exploring a vast archipelago full of riches, but danger lurks in each cove.

But first, you have to farm tropical fruits in maps (or Quarry) to combat scurvy, the never-ending stacking degen based off your maximum HP/ES, while you are on the sea.

To get a tropical fruit, you have to find a special tree on a map. After activating it, a group of monkies will spawn and constantly throw shite at you that will slow you down and stack debuff degen, while you pick up the fruits.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Oct 17, 2018, 4:14:26 AM
"
Sixtysan wrote:
"
Seeders wrote:

But first, you have to farm tropical fruits in maps (or Quarry) to combat scurvy, the never-ending stacking degen based off your maximum HP/ES, while you are on the sea.

To get a tropical fruit, you have to find a special tree on a map. After activating it, a group of monkies will spawn and constantly throw shite at you that will slow you down and stack debuff degen, while you pick up the fruits.

Holy shit that made my morning
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
"
Sixtysan wrote:
"
Seeders wrote:

lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info