[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

"
LennoxCT wrote:
Looking to respec an aurabot I leveled and then never used and this build looks like something that I could really enjoy. Its my first league, so please forgive me if most people would find the answer obvious, but how do I choose which POB skill tree to follow? How do I decide which watchers eye to use? Pro/con of each, or is one clearly better, but quite a bit more expensive? Sorry and thanks!

edit: Ok, so after posting I almost immediately found my answer was contained int he post. Leaving post up for futures noobs. Read the notes included with weapon selection.

Tried to make it clearer which version to choose. I added more infos to the leveling and tree sections and added a Q&A.
If you don't have everything needed (watcher's with clarity, jewels with reduced mana reserved, level94) for the 9 aura version yet aim for a 7 aura version first.

"
neoxaro wrote:
I really like this build. It's not full aurabot which is useless solo, and it's useful in party. LIKE IT.
I Actually searching about guardian mjolner. I though using static strike but smite seems to be good.

Glad you like it. A few days ago I grouped with a curse bot... it was a slaughter - great combo. Static strike, of course, has its advantages but as most packs die just when shield charging into them so another hit is not needed and Smite gives us a lot of damage from the aura.
Last edited by Augustiner_1328 on Oct 29, 2018, 6:47:20 AM
"
neoxaro wrote:
I really like this build. It's not full aurabot which is useless solo, and it's useful in party. LIKE IT.
I Actually searching about guardian mjolner. I though using static strike but smite seems to be good.

"
Glad you like it. A few days ago I grouped with a curse bot... it was a slaughter - great combo. Static strike, of course, has its advantages but as most packs die just when shield charging into them so another hit is not needed and Smite gives us a lot of damage from the aura.

I need to try with smite so.

I'm thinking about remove enhance and arcane surge from body armour, and put curse on hit + enfeeble with HoT cause I don't have glove with curse corruption and it's pretty exwpensive.
And when I can buy it, I will change this curse on hit by anything else cause arcane surge is not really usefull cause i don't recast golem or relic often. Maybe vengeance + life gain on hit : free hit proc arc + es leech.
Last edited by neoxaro on Oct 31, 2018, 5:24:16 AM
"
neoxaro wrote:
"
neoxaro wrote:

I need to try with smite so.

I'm thinking about remove enhance and arcane surge from body armour, and put curse on hit + enfeeble with HoT cause I don't have glove with curse corruption and it's pretty exwpensive.
And when I can buy it, I will change this curse on hit by anything else cause arcane surge is not really usefull cause i don't recast golem or relic often. Maybe vengeance + life gain on hit : free hit proc arc + es leech.

I would rather use cwdt enfeeble as HoT only activates after you killed.
Lgoh doesn’t work with ghost reaver as it only applies to leech.
IS the build somehow possible without the watcher's eye? as i see this is your main source of damage leech.
"
mexylolz wrote:
IS the build somehow possible without the watcher's eye? as i see this is your main source of damage leech.

No it’s build around vitality leech watchers eye. But those are usually not expansive as not many people use them. It’s a problem for SSF of course. The only alternativ I can think of atm is lightning leech on jewelry.

Edit: warlords mark is also an option
Last edited by Augustiner_1328 on Nov 3, 2018, 10:20:33 AM
Hello man ! at first, your build look very nice ! i will try it

Can you more explain the leveling and how you start this build as starter.

"
Cerafite wrote:

When I started this the actual plan was different from what it turned out to be.
I used Smite (5L), Zombies (4L) and Herald of Purity (4L) for the whole story. As soon as possible I bought a Shavs and Shapers Touch to convert to LL. This took me to red maps there I changed to Mjölner because the damage with only using Smite was too low. Before switching to LL u need some life nodes (see levelling section). After switching to LL aim for the 7 aura build (tree).
"
Cerafite wrote:

Smite and then maybe Dom Blow if you like. It's not really that hard or requiring a leveling guide.
Hi there,

First I have to say that this is a very good build. Insanely good defenses. I never die to anything during mapping except for the shitty elemental reflect mod (Haha).

I just wonder how you would scale the damage. I see you take some of the aps nodes in the tree. Is there any potential with aps or are you just gonna scale lightning damage and spell damage?

Keep up the good builds, and cheers man!
"
dmondici wrote:
Hi there,

First I have to say that this is a very good build. Insanely good defenses. I never die to anything during mapping except for the shitty elemental reflect mod (Haha).

I just wonder how you would scale the damage. I see you take some of the aps nodes in the tree. Is there any potential with aps or are you just gonna scale lightning damage and spell damage?

Keep up the good builds, and cheers man!

Well I died on reflects as well when you are tired it happens... open map, die, rage quit.

As for damage, there are 2 variables:
1. The average Arc hit
2. APS

You want to aim for an average arc hit > 35k so you can just charge around and don't have to use smite on regular mobs.

I looked at your character and I would advise the following:
- Replace Spark with Ball Lightning
- Try to get some gems to level21 (Smite, Wrath, Arc, Ball Lightning, Lightning Pen.)
- Get Culling Strike to 20% quality for extra aps
- Try to get a damage enchant on your boots as you already feel tanky enough
- Most importantly replace your helm with Memory Vault. You are missing the 30% more spell damage from Pain Attunement

Edit: Make sure your life and mana are as low as possible! You get 260% armor/reserved life and 15% ES/reserved mana
Last edited by Augustiner_1328 on Nov 18, 2018, 7:09:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info